Gillette/EA Sports $10 Holiday Rebate

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin82485

Kevin82485

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2008 - 10:47 PM

Buy a Gillette Fusion razor and ONE of the following EA Sports games:Tiger 09, Madden 09, NASCAR 09, NBA Live 09, or Facebreaker and get $10 off through mail-in rebate. Rebate form is on link below. Purchases must be made between October 6, 2008 and March 31, 2009. Must be post marked by March 31, 2009. Must be for 360, PS3, or Wii.

http://www.gillette....lidayrebate.pdf

I'd suggest waiting as long as possible in hopes that the price on some of these games will drop even more, then sending in the rebate. It's kind of a hassle, but hey, $10 is $10.

Also, the rebate rules say nothing about whether the game has to be brand new. So, if you go to Gamestop or wherever you could theoretically buy a used copy and still get $10 off.

Update: I called the rebate center for this deal, and the rep did not say it had to be a brand new game, but suggested that if you buy a used game to call them to confirm that the UPC is valid. Obviously the UPC on the game case would be valid, but maybe she meant the UPC on the receipt might be different if its a used game.

Edited by kevin82485, 09 December 2008 - 11:28 PM.

#2 v1et r1ce

v1et r1ce

Formerly nikelecious91

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2008 - 10:54 PM

Damn. I could have used this during black friday for Madden!!!!

Thanks OP.

#3 Kevin82485

Kevin82485

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2008 - 10:57 PM

Damn. I could have used this during black friday for Madden!!!!

Thanks OP.

You can still use it (that is unless you lost the receipt for Madden), the razor and game purchases don't have to be on the same receipt. Just go buy yourself a Fusion razor and you're golden. If you don't shave, give the razor as a X-mas stocking stuffer or something.

Edited by kevin82485, 09 December 2008 - 11:30 PM.

#4 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2008 - 11:13 PM

I wish I knew about this. Facebreaker was 12.48 at a local Target. I could have liked having that game for 2.50 after buying a new razor.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#5 InFlames215

InFlames215

DEATH TO FALSE METAL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2008 - 11:14 PM

Also, the rebate rules say nothing about whether the game has to be brand new. So, if you go to Gamestop or wherever you could theoretically buy a used copy and still get $10 off.

That is brilliant.

#6 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 12:03 AM

Yeah, I bought a razor last week, but none of those games interest me. I had the same idea with Facebreaker for $12.48 clearance at Target.... but I had seen it before I knew of the rebate and its gone now.
Posted Image

#7 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 12:42 AM

WTF to "Residents of Oregon must submit rebate form within seven days of purchase." :bomb:

I picked up Facebreaker for $12.48 last month, and a Fusion razor in Oct. They would have qualified if not for this stupid term :bomb:
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#8 pun123

pun123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 12:47 AM

I got Facebreaker for 12 at Target, and I need a new razor, this is awesome, well ok cool anyways, now to go to Wally World for a razor.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 aeri

aeri

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 01:36 AM

I bought Tiger Woods All-Play 09 for my brother on amazon earlier today - then I see this.

10 bucks off, but a razor costs 10 bucks so basically just a free razor :(.

#10 mhnajjar

mhnajjar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 01:43 AM

Don't they have to be on the same receipt?

#11 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 02:12 AM

Don't think so. The T&C says "receipt(s)".
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#12 sizzlorr

sizzlorr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 03:05 AM

No NHL09? Booooo.

#13 bill esquivel

bill esquivel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 05:32 AM

to make it a better deal but a bit more complicated, In last sunday's newspaper there was a $4 off coupon for fusion razors with the P&G ads.

Rite aid had fusion razors on sale for $9 -$5 online (or mail in) gift card. So sort of free after rebate and coupon. The razor I bought had a free mini bottle of shaving cream and shampoo inside..

did not know about the target deal with facebreaker. Maybe I will have to try to find it..

#14 aeri

aeri

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 01:45 PM

Like someone else said, probably not. But figuring I'd throw a little joke here, I wonder how many places you could buy a razor and a video game :lol:

Besides Walmart...

(Hmm but then again with an EA game you can buy them at McDonalds, Starbucks, your great aunts cabin, etc.,)

#15 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 05:15 PM

I hope I didn't throw out my Facebreaker receipt, I bought it at Target played it a few times and traded it in.

#16 CrimsonPaw

CrimsonPaw

Professional Cheapass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 05:26 PM

to make it a better deal but a bit more complicated, In last sunday's newspaper there was a $4 off coupon for fusion razors with the P&G ads.

Rite aid had fusion razors on sale for $9 -$5 online (or mail in) gift card. So sort of free after rebate and coupon. The razor I bought had a free mini bottle of shaving cream and shampoo inside..

did not know about the target deal with facebreaker. Maybe I will have to try to find it..

Take note people, THIS is how you make the coupons work for you.

Good find esquivel, I applaud you :applause:

#17 pun123

pun123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 08:25 PM

Target has that combo pack 3 blades, gel, and razor for $7, now to find the coupon.

...so Target has both.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 09:12 PM

Facebreaker is 14.99 at newegg now - if only I could pimp that deal with the coupons! I don't get sunday paper! Maybe they have it online! And yes! I am doing it on purpose!

#19 pun123

pun123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2008 - 06:32 AM

Sweet was at Walmart and found Fusion Travel Pack, that had a whole bunch of stuff for only $10, so basically I get this free if I get the rebate back, and Facebreaker for $12 at Target.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 pun123

pun123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:39 AM

Walmart now has Gillette Fusion Gift Pack which were originally $15 then $10 now are only $5, pick these up with BB Facebreaker for $9 and both will only cost you $5.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#21 chior

chior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:48 AM

as for target receipt, it only has dcpi number & something like ps3 game on it. How can they know it is for the facebreaker game?
My Trade/Sale list Halo 3 Legendary Edition, Singe It w/Microphone, Mercenaries 2 PS3
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=99688

#22 pun123

pun123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 03:34 AM

cut off proof of purchase inside of the game manual.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#23 Sharp Katana

Sharp Katana

Chillin like a villain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 03:48 AM

i bought nba live during BF now I need to try and find the receipt

9unm.png

credits to Lilchiji

#24 Panther1484

Panther1484

Hail to Pitt!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 03:53 AM

Too bad NHL wasn't included.

#25 capturedpenguin

capturedpenguin

Spidey Sense

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 04:35 AM

Too bad NHL wasn't included.

Type seriously. Why no love for hockey fans EA?

#26 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 05:09 AM

Can you guys provide the UPC for the WM travel pack? I would like to see if any stores have it in stock.

#27 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:17 PM

Facebreaker (360/PS3) is $9.99 this coming week at Best Buy (without the need for RZ gamer's club) as reflected in the ad. Ad price goes into effect 1/11.

Figured this thread could use a bump for anybody who might bite on Facebreaker.
Posted Image

#28 pun123

pun123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2009 - 04:05 PM

Pieces of CRAP. Got a letter in the mail stating that the Gillette Fusion razor I purchased didn't meet the requirements of the offer. I read through it again and it states purchase fusion razor and EA game (facebreaker) which I did and sent in UPC and rebate form. I have a feeling this was a scam from the start. I hate MIR. I sent them a nasty email and told them I will buy Schick from now on.:bomb:

I hope the $10 was worth it for them. Also, did anybody else receive the rebate?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#29 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2009 - 05:50 PM

Pieces of CRAP. Got a letter in the mail stating that the Gillette Fusion razor I purchased didn't meet the requirements of the offer. I read through it again and it states purchase fusion razor and EA game (facebreaker) which I did and sent in UPC and rebate form. I have a feeling this was a scam from the start. I hate MIR. I sent them a nasty email and told them I will buy Schick from now on.:bomb:

I hope the $10 was worth it for them. Also, did anybody else receive the rebate?

Did you include all of the following?:

-UPC from Fusion package
-receipt for Fusion razor (with store name and purchase price circled)
-receipt for qualifying game (with store name and purchase price circled)

I haven't sent off for the rebate (haven't bought a game that qualifies), but I know how particular these rebate companies can be (I actually used to work at one). The whole thing is a farce..... they know that generally XX% of people are not going to bother, are going to forget, or are going to overlook a particular required item. It sucks.
Posted Image

#30 pun123

pun123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:25 PM

Update: Yes I sent everything needed in, they tried to say that because I bought the Fusion Razor Gift Pack (razor included) it wouldn't count but this morning I got a reply from my nasty email I sent them yesterday threatening I would use Schick razors for now on, stating:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your interest in Proctor & Gamble.

Your rebate had been denied due to an error in the submission. Your request has been resubmitted for processing. Your new tracking number for this rebate is ########. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for your submission to be processed.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience regarding this matter.

Thank you for choosing Proctor & Gamble.

Sincerely,

Fred H.
Customer Care

As usual you have to keep on these people just to squeeze a few bucks out of them.

Posted Image
Posted Image