Aquaria $16 on Steam (20% off)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 wildnuts02

wildnuts02

2 Real 4 U

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2008 - 04:06 AM

this is a cool looking indie "metroidvania" type game. check out the trailer here:

Posted Image

#2 SScorpio

SScorpio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2008 - 05:44 AM

A demo for an older version of the game is available here: http://www.bit-blot....uaria/demo.html

It feels like Castlevania mixed with Echo the Dolphin. I'm still undecided on whether to get it or not though.

#3 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2008 - 07:23 AM

It looks pretty. If they ever put it on sale for $10, I'll get it for sure.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#4 carpwrist

carpwrist

√úbercharge Ready!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2008 - 07:32 AM

If i ever get through all the DS titles I have in this genre, I may pick this up. I still haven't finished the original Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow.
Saying you're really good at Borderlands is the equivalent to saying you suck at videogames.

That puts a genuine closed parenthesis at the end of my colon. :)

Posted Image

#5 xGunCrazyx

xGunCrazyx

Posted 16 December 2008 - 08:34 AM

Yeah, I think I'm gonna hold off from purchasing this one until it goes on sale during a Steam sale weekend

Very interested in it, but even $16 looks a little too much for it imo

#6 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 16 December 2008 - 09:10 AM

looks awesome, Ecco the dolphin is still one of my top genesis games, but I'll wait for the inevitable steam deal
Posted Image

#7 Animal7390

Animal7390

Something Clever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2008 - 01:45 PM

i think there should be a steam deals thread as opposed to having a bunch of threads for each game and deal.
my trade list doesnt have anything in it right now, but it will someday. soon. hopefully. maybe.

Games List (60% complete)

DVD List (75% complete)

A game store here was running a tournament and a guy I know went to the restroom and got some fabreeze and totally fabreezed some fat smelly guy, It was awsome!!

#8 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2008 - 02:04 PM

i think there should be a steam deals thread as opposed to having a bunch of threads for each game and deal.

I suggested that before, but with anyone making up anything they want... nothing to stop the threads from being created.

we should just have a stickied Steam thread.

#9 Animal7390

Animal7390

Something Clever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2008 - 02:07 PM

i agree. and if a thread is created, it can be added and then moved or removed.
my trade list doesnt have anything in it right now, but it will someday. soon. hopefully. maybe.

Games List (60% complete)

DVD List (75% complete)

A game store here was running a tournament and a guy I know went to the restroom and got some fabreeze and totally fabreezed some fat smelly guy, It was awsome!!

#10 spuffin

spuffin

Posted 16 December 2008 - 10:02 PM

I personally think a thread per title/deal is better suited for readers. A stickied thread must be constantly monitored for deals, however a killer Steam deal in its own thread will probably stay near the top of the forum due to activity. Likewise, a crap deal will just sink to the bottom unless people are having off-topic conversations about it (hi).

I (and I assume many others) use the forum as a sort of filter to cut out the crap deals and the cream rises to the top - save for some flaming on "crap" deals. The stickies prevent the filter from running its course and we have to check each thread manually. I also think that the weekly ads are good for a sticky, however if there is a truly killer deal in those ads it can have its own thread. Everyone is going to have their own preference...

#11 xGunCrazyx

xGunCrazyx

Posted 16 December 2008 - 10:07 PM

Yeah, I don't think a collection of deals would be a good idea
People would likely miss out on deals if they didn't check back every week :(

#12 Sparticane

Sparticane

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:19 AM

Aquaria is a great game. It's definitely worth $16.
"Don't tase me bro!"