LittleBigPlanet (EU Version) - $32 shipped at DVD.CO.UK

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 18 December 2008 - 12:40 PM

DVD.CO.UK currently is selling the European version of LittleBigPlanet for £17.99 which should come out to somewhere around $32 US once you convert and factor in shipping.

LittleBigPlanet (EU Version) - £17.99 shipped ($32 US)

I've bought imports from this site recently and they have all arrived quickly.

All PS3 games are region free, so this will work on a North American console. I'm not 100% positive that all the network features work in different regions, but if someone could confirm the status of that it would be appreciated. From what I've found online, it appears that the online play is not region-locked, so it should be fine... but like I said, I'm not 100% on that.

Edited by shipwreck, 18 December 2008 - 01:13 PM.

"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#2 carpwrist

carpwrist

Übercharge Ready!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2008 - 01:00 PM

Add £2.99 for shipping.
Saying you're really good at Borderlands is the equivalent to saying you suck at videogames.

That puts a genuine closed parenthesis at the end of my colon. :)

Posted Image

#3 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 18 December 2008 - 01:16 PM

Add £2.99 for shipping.

Guess, their shipping went up slightly since the last time I ordered. Updated OP with the new estimate. Approximately $32 shipped now.
Posted Image

#4 carpwrist

carpwrist

Übercharge Ready!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2008 - 02:05 PM

Still a good deal, just hoping it works.
Any tips on how to correctly input the shipping info? (eg. do you include the +4 digit extension for the zip code? Postal code = zip code? )

Edited by carpwrist, 18 December 2008 - 02:23 PM.

Saying you're really good at Borderlands is the equivalent to saying you suck at videogames.

Posted Image

#5 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 18 December 2008 - 02:15 PM

Still a good deal, just hoping it works.
Any tips on how to correctly input the shipping info? (eg. do you include the +4 digit extension for the zip code? Postal code = zip code? )

I just used my 5 digit zip code when I ordered in the past.
Posted Image

#6 carpwrist

carpwrist

Übercharge Ready!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2008 - 02:24 PM

AWESOME! In for 1 LBP £20.98 ($32US)
LBP is NOT region locked according to the Playstation.com forums:
http://boardsus.play...thread.id=24354

Posted Image

#7 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 18 December 2008 - 02:25 PM

they seemed to ship pretty quick too. Quicker than I expected for overseas. Picked up some games when they had a 2 for 50(pounds) deal going on.
Posted Image

#8 dallow

dallow

Posted 18 December 2008 - 06:15 PM

Only problem with this is that you'd need to buy any DLC from the UK store. (and that's very difficult from the US)
DLC is not region free for this game.

#9 happy

happy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:25 PM

Only problem with this is that you'd need to buy any DLC from the UK store. (and that's very difficult from the US)
DLC is not region free for this game.

That's good to know with all of the free stuff they have been putting out.

Out of curiosity, do they charge your credit card in pounds, which means you may pay an additional conversion fee as if you used the card overseas? (I know some cards do this and some don't)

#10 dallow

dallow

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:13 PM

That's good to know with all of the free stuff they have been putting out.

Out of curiosity, do they charge your credit card in pounds, which means you may pay an additional conversion fee as if you used the card overseas? (I know some cards do this and some don't)

Well, that isn't the problem.
They don't accept US credit cards as payment.

The only way to buy stuff from the UK store from USA is to have a buddy in Europe add money to your account for you, and you pay them with paypal or whatever.
"i drive a rolls royce / cause it's good for my voice"
3DS Friend Code: 3609-1044-7487

#11 carpwrist

carpwrist

Übercharge Ready!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2008 - 01:21 AM

Dallow, any particular reason you are thread crapping? You're starting to annoy me.

First off, the $30 in savings is definitely worth these DLC issues that only you seem to be aware of. Second, if the they don't accept US Credit Cards, then how have two stateside CAGs already vouched for them?

I'm glad your making sure people aren't wasting their money, but don't be such an ass.

Posted Image

#12 psychoxfoo

psychoxfoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2008 - 04:34 AM

I'm surprised there's not as many interested in this deal as I am. So just to clarify things, no DLC, so that means like, no costumes? What else is there for DLC? And also, we still get user-created levels from all around the world, right?

#13 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2008 - 04:56 AM

Dallow, any particular reason you are thread crapping? You're starting to annoy me.

First off, the $30 in savings is definitely worth these DLC issues that only you seem to be aware of. Second, if the they don't accept US Credit Cards, then how have two stateside CAGs already vouched for them?

I'm glad your making sure people aren't wasting their money, but don't be such an ass.

I dont see how he is being an ass when he wants to make sure people understand what they are getting. There are some neat DLC such as the Street Fighter and soon MGS4 costume that you wont be getting easily with the UK version. To some people saving $30 isnt worth it if you cant get the full experience.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#14 xxtheycallmedxx

xxtheycallmedxx

Proud PS3/360/Wii Owner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2008 - 05:05 AM

Wow,if your getting annoyed by his "thread crapping" then don't read any other thread on CAG....ever...dudes not thread crapping or being an ass...and his reference to non-acceptance was regarding PSN,not the website...you would have been able to get that had you read his post..Happy didn't make it clear whether he was talking about the website or PSN,but Dallow was clearly talking about PSN....

And $32 is a decent price but with all the other games to play I'll bite at $20

Edited by xxtheycallmedxx, 19 December 2008 - 05:23 AM.

Posted Image

#15 Chrs

Chrs

Posted 19 December 2008 - 05:12 AM

you're the ass

#16 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 19 December 2008 - 05:16 AM

The only company that will not charge conversion fees is Capital One. All the other banks will charge you around $1-3 dollars on top of what you pay. I used to work for Capital One so I know this very well.
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#17 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2008 - 05:47 AM

The only company that will not charge conversion fees is Capital One. All the other banks will charge you around $1-3 dollars on top of what you pay. I used to work for Capital One so I know this very well.

thanks for the info, this will be handy in the future.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#18 carpwrist

carpwrist

Übercharge Ready!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:46 PM

I received my CC statement today.

12/19/2008 FOREIGN TRANSACTION FEE FTF $0.95
12/19/2008 DVD.CO.UK ONLINE COMMER $31.92

$33 for LBP shipped. I'm very happy with this deal. Thanks again Shipwreck!

Posted Image

#19 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 23 December 2008 - 12:36 AM

I was gonna post that they do not charge pounds and for visa the conversion fee was around a dollar as well. but you guys beat me to it.
Posted Image

#20 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 12:48 AM

Too bad you won't be using the game's DLC...

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#21 sunil247

sunil247

Posted 23 December 2008 - 02:25 AM

Do let us know if you are able to use the DLC from the US PSN store.

#22 dallow

dallow

Posted 23 December 2008 - 03:42 AM

Uhh, I missed your comment before, but I think you misread what I wrote and my point as well carpwrist.

I was talking about the Euro PSN not accepting US credit cards, not this website which I've used many times for import CDs.

Do me a favor and try to download the Santa suit off the USA PSN. I'm 99% sure it won't show up in your game since it's UK region.

#23 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 04:51 AM

I'm pretty sure that Dallow is correct. Retail software's DLC is locked to that region's PSN store, so the Euro LBP will only work with Euro LBP DLC.

-Paul Acevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#24 RudyPants

RudyPants

Zombie on my lawn!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 06:18 AM

Can somebody give any conclusive evidence about the DLC?

#25 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 06:29 AM

http://www.gamespot....pic_id=26697103

http://www.ps3forums...ad.php?t=175879

http://forums.gameax....php?p=21425508

http://www.vgevo.com...ad.php?t=155888

-Paul Acevedo

#26 soyverde

soyverde

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 04:24 PM

Thanks shipwreck, ordered one for my in-laws in the UK. Didn't know about the DLC issue, I send a lot of games over there (since they're usually much cheaper here). I'll have to keep that in mind for the future.

#27 carpwrist

carpwrist

Übercharge Ready!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:32 PM

I still haven't gotten mine yet. Hopefully I'll be able to put this DLC issue to rest soon.

Posted Image

#28 gabrielh

gabrielh

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:44 PM

Simply create an UK account in your US PS3 and you will be all set to download the free costumes.

#29 dallow

dallow

Posted 31 December 2008 - 04:38 PM

Simply create an UK account in your US PS3 and you will be all set to download the free costumes.

But you'll have to play them on your UK account. And not your regular US account that everyone knows you as.

Downloading freebies isn't the issue, it's using them with your US profile.

#30 jrsmaster411

jrsmaster411

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 05:49 PM

You can use anything downloaded on your ps3 on all accounts