• Please log in to reply
451 replies to this topic

#1 Will

Will

Official CAG Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2008 - 03:58 AM

Debuts Monday Feb 2nd 2009.

Nathan gets the ball rolling on capturing anyone with powers.

Nice to see another Star Trek alum show up, Michael Dorn aka Worf from ST:TNG as the President.

http://www.cheapassg...trade-gone-bad/

Heroes.jpg
I dont trade out of the US anymore!!!!!!!

#2 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2008 - 05:56 AM

Hooray for the 4400 re-incarnated.

538822.png

#3 tokitoki50

tokitoki50

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2008 - 06:13 AM

I think it's going to be an interesting story arc. I wonder if everyone (john q. public) is going to know that people are gaining abilities or if it'll be more of a secretive round up.
=======================================
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

"Well I'm sorry that after a WHOLE hour of work I like to unwind with a burger and a crack pipe"

#4 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 20 December 2008 - 07:48 AM

In the preview they seemed to have a lot of captured people. This could be a bad thing because that could mean more useless freaking characters

Formerly known as slickkill77

#5 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 20 December 2008 - 10:09 AM

Here come the Sentinels.

If they follow this path, I would be 'interested' in a Messiah Complex story. Perhaps Sylar's child could be the focus? Mohinder could evolve to be Predator X. :-#

#6 Will

Will

Official CAG Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2008 - 11:08 AM

Hooray for the 4400 re-incarnated.

Hooray for thread crappers!

Heroes.jpg

#7 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2008 - 12:15 PM

Pssh... Soon he'll have to put EVERYBODY in jail. Considering that future in the beginning of the season is going to happen.

Braving the pillow gauntlet.

Posted Image

#8 MushaOne

MushaOne

etc. and so forth...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2008 - 12:53 PM

I just hope it is better then Chapter 2 and 3. If not I can see this getting canceled real soon. Or maybe not considering Knight Rider hasnt been canned yet.

Stop giving and taking powers to everyone each week. Quit bringing back everyone who died. When everyone has powers the show is not that fun to watch. Right now I think that is where we are at.

#9 Will

Will

Official CAG Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2008 - 04:16 PM

I can live with Vol 2.

Vol 3 was fine by me with the exception of there not being any real battles between Heroes and I felt like it was a major boner kill that nothing went down.

Considering how in love Peter was with Caitlyn, I thought they would at least touch base on that again since she basically got lost in the future but maybe it was a portion they just wanna forget and not bother with.

Heroes.jpg

#10 evanft

evanft

Wombat needs Nutrisystem.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2008 - 07:47 PM

So, when does "Heroes: We've Pulled Our Head Out of Our Ass and Are No Longer Simply Retelling the Same Story Over and Over Again With the Only Additions Being a Bunch of Bullshit that Gets Tiresome Really Quickly" start?

#11 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2008 - 09:16 PM

I forgot about Caitlyn, until I thought about the other futures the powers prevented. Man, why the hell did Peter leave her in that godforsaken world?

Braving the pillow gauntlet.

Posted Image

#12 Lord_Kefka

Lord_Kefka

Son of a Submariner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2008 - 10:05 PM

Pssh... Soon he'll have to put EVERYBODY in jail. Considering that future in the beginning of the season is going to happen.

Mmmm, kinda. Go with me here for a minute. We had the future Peter was from and we have the future that Hiro visited. I don't think they are related.

At the beginning of Volume 3, Peter is on the run and meets with Claire. He tells her he's going to back to when everyone found out and stop it. Implies we have the "fugitive" future.

Then Hiro's arc starts and he sees this future with him and Ando facing off for the formula right before the major "apocalypse thing" hits. This is because the formula gets out.

Now, this is where the story-telling gets murky. When Future and Present Peter travel back to the future everyone has powers. Which seems counter to them being hunted and put in camps like he said at the beginning. But future Claire still has her hair dyed black so she continues to be a bitch and pop a cap in future Peter.

The formula is ripped up by Hiro at the end of Volume 3. So that scene of Hiro and Ando facing off in the powered world seems like it's gone. Which means they fixed that.

Of course returning to this future didn't make future Peter bat an eye, so who the hell knows. But if the theme from the very beginning and the beginning of Fugitives holds up, people with powers are hunted. There were just waaaay too many future visions in Volume 3. Angela had like a half dozen that never fully came true. Then we had the future Peter went to, the future Matt saw, the paintings, and the comics of Isaac Mendez which are inexplicably being published all the way up to this point.

Lord Kefka... you're insatiable.

My Tradelist

#13 Salamando3000

Salamando3000

For Good or for Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2008 - 10:15 PM

Of course returning to this future didn't make future Peter bat an eye, so who the hell knows. But if the theme from the very beginning and the beginning of Fugitives holds up, people with powers are hunted. There were just waaaay too many future visions in Volume 3. Angela had like a half dozen that never fully came true. Then we had the future Peter went to, the future Matt saw, the paintings, and the comics of Isaac Mendez which are inexplicably being published all the way up to this point.

One of the good things about the Villains arc is no one has any real time travel powers left. Hiro's depowered, Peter lost Hiro's power when Arthur de-powered him, and there is now no more possible way to pull up more of Isaac's work. All that's left is Angela, who's proven somewhat unreliable, and the Daphne+Ando combo. Sure, it's possible they could introduce new people, but let's hope they leave time travel out of the future. It's far too confusing.

#14 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 20 December 2008 - 11:55 PM

No way what are they going to do with Hiro? He is the "masta of time and space"

#15 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2008 - 01:42 AM

No way what are they going to do with Hiro? He is the "masta of time and space"

He'll be Ando's Sidekick. We had to deal with Ando doing nothing useful for 3 seasons, now its Waffle-Man's turn.

538822.png

#16 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 21 December 2008 - 01:59 AM

Hiro is 3x the actor and character that sidekick man is. Ando's power is literally sidekick power

#17 Over easy

Over easy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2008 - 02:15 AM

If I remember correctly, some of the preview I saw had Hiro being arrested. Poor Hiro, he is arrested with no power to boot. At least Ando won't be arrested, since I doubt Nathan has a profile on him yet.

The government will likely keep this quiet. There is no way they can tell what the public's reaction will be if they leak this out.
Posted Image

#18 Will

Will

Official CAG Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2008 - 04:29 AM

Do they get the Haitian to play sidekick to the people doing the capturing?

Heroes.jpg

#19 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2008 - 05:23 AM

Do they get the Haitian to play sidekick to the people doing the capturing?

Spoiler

538822.png

#20 Foo228

Foo228

Brawl Nights host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2008 - 12:34 AM

^Awesome. Looking good (speaking too soon, I know) so far.

#21 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2008 - 12:44 AM

shit.. i also forgot about caitlyn.. hopefully they explain what happ

1080i is for douchebags

#22 tokitoki50

tokitoki50

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2008 - 01:33 AM

They can't save her, that future has been erased. She pretty much just disappeared from existence.
=======================================
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

"Well I'm sorry that after a WHOLE hour of work I like to unwind with a burger and a crack pipe"

#23 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:05 AM

Hiro is 3x the actor and character that sidekick man is. Ando's power is literally sidekick power

Ando's power is the ability to make me less interested in an episode if he's the focus.

#24 Quillion

Quillion

Not Proprietary

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2008 - 03:57 PM

Ando's power is the ability to make me less interested in an episode if he's the focus.

2nded

I'm glad the time travel powers are gone, but why couldn't Hiro have kept something, maybe teleportation, and slowing time? I'm going to miss his power.

Ando's power has to be the stupidest one. It's like they just decided that the character was born to be a sidekick.

<Clever Signature Here>

#25 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:58 PM

Anyone else want to bet that when this goes to DVD & BR, Vol 3 will be one purchase and Vol 4 will be another one? :wall:

#26 Ziv

Ziv

Jerk Extreme

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:01 PM

I was thnking the same thing Shrike. As long as they aren't too pricey, I'm okay with it though.

#27 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:03 PM

I was thnking the same thing Shrike. As long as they aren't too pricey, I'm okay with it though.

Season 2 was a strike-shortened season, and it was anything but inexpensive. The Vol 3 "season" arc was about the length we saw for Season 2's shortened season.

I wouldn't imagine much in the way of pricing mercy from NBC/Universal on this one.

#28 Foo228

Foo228

Brawl Nights host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:06 PM

Season 2 was a strike-shortened season, and it was anything but inexpensive. The Vol 3 "season" arc was about the length we saw for Season 2's shortened season.

I wouldn't imagine much in the way of pricing mercy from NBC/Universal on this one.

But why would it matter - Don't most of us play the "I'll wait til it's at the price I want" game?

But yea...I could see it becoming 2 distinct sets.

#29 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:13 PM

But why would it matter - Don't most of us play the "I'll wait til it's at the price I want" game?

But yea...I could see it becoming 2 distinct sets.

Most of us do play that game, though how an 11-episode season on BR stays at $65+ for a while now doesn't make much sense.

#30 Foo228

Foo228

Brawl Nights host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:24 PM

Most of us do play that game, though how an 11-episode season on BR stays at $65+ for a while now doesn't make much sense.

That's just because businesses want the most money they can get, just wait til they see amount of sales plummet on anything heroes related. Then we'll all be happy - in a matter of weeks. 8-)