UTAH CAGs Official Thread

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#1 Kent K25

Kent K25

MTB Mamba

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2008 - 04:17 PM

Before I put too much effort into this thread lets just see if there are many other UTAH CAG'ers on here.

Chime in and make yourself heard.

#2 Purkeynator

Purkeynator

Cheap before it was cool

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2008 - 05:15 PM

I'm here. Hill AFB area
trade list (mostly guides with a few boxes and manuals)
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=44132

#3 ca_cj

ca_cj

Posted 29 December 2008 - 11:51 PM

I'm here too. Sugar House area.

#4 Boogie76

Boogie76

Posted 02 January 2009 - 07:20 AM

9th and 9th area in Salt Lake here.

#5 Kent K25

Kent K25

MTB Mamba

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2009 - 02:22 PM

St. George Here.

Looks we're pretty spread out so far.

#6 Swinghi

Swinghi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2009 - 12:53 AM

I am here, Layton.

#7 youinreverse

youinreverse

...used to be Bioshocked

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:28 AM

Bountiful/North Salt Lake Here.

#8 jaysapathy

jaysapathy

Drama Hater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2009 - 01:46 AM

Utah County.

Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm fucked.
When your signature is bigger than the message you just posted, it's time to reevaluate things, people.

The wife and I have a running blog on our gaming finds: http://curse.arrogantloudmouth.com/

#9 youinreverse

youinreverse

...used to be Bioshocked

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2009 - 01:50 AM

That sucks, I'm sorry. :lol:

#10 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2009 - 01:51 AM

Sandy/Midvale border currently, looking to move out to West Jordan.

#11 Kent K25

Kent K25

MTB Mamba

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2009 - 02:04 AM

What really sucks is being in St. George during this Circuit City Liquidation....no Circuit City stores down here.

#12 Purkeynator

Purkeynator

Cheap before it was cool

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2009 - 03:22 AM

Anybody interested in the 85% off Gameboy and Gameboy Color games at Gamestop? I found a bunch at the store by Best Buy in Sandy. Found only Pokemon Gold and Silver at on of the West Valley stores. The other 2 West Valley stores had nothing. I wanted to check the one by the University of Utah but ran out of time. The only way I was able to talk the wife into going way out to West Valley was to go get a burger and shake at Ab's Drive Inn!

#13 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2009 - 03:26 AM

Anybody interested in the 85% off Gameboy and Gameboy Color games at Gamestop? I found a bunch at the store by Best Buy in Sandy. Found only Pokemon Gold and Silver at on of the West Valley stores. The other 2 West Valley stores had nothing. I wanted to check the one by the University of Utah but ran out of time. The only way I was able to talk the wife into going way out to West Valley was to go get a burger and shake at Ab's Drive Inn!

Did you try the Midvale location across from Costco and the hospital?

#14 Purkeynator

Purkeynator

Cheap before it was cool

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2009 - 06:03 AM

No, I didn't hit up that one. I can tell you that all the ones in Northern Utah are out of original Gameboy games. These are the Layton, Clinton, Ogden stores.

#15 youinreverse

youinreverse

...used to be Bioshocked

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2009 - 06:38 AM

The Centerville store, and the Gateway store in Salt Lake are out of any good Gameboy games.

#16 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2009 - 12:39 AM

Has anyone happened to check the Riverdale, Logan, St George, or Orem Best Buys for anime (50% off)? I stopped in at the Sandy store and they've still got quite a bit.

#17 Kent K25

Kent K25

MTB Mamba

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2009 - 02:28 AM

Haven't checked Best Buy St. George because I'm not into Anime, but anyone wants me to check for something in particular for them I will. Just PM me.

#18 negid

negid

Say what?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2009 - 07:27 PM

Hey Utahonians(?) Utahites(?)...whatever you may call yourselves. I'll be in Ogden for a couple of weeks coming up and was wondering if anyone of you guys knew of some things I should see/do while I'm in the area.

Posted Image

#19 luan87us

luan87us

I am cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2009 - 07:31 PM

in west jordan =D

#20 youinreverse

youinreverse

...used to be Bioshocked

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2009 - 08:22 PM

Hey Utahonians(?) Utahites(?)...whatever you may call yourselves. I'll be in Ogden for a couple of weeks coming up and was wondering if anyone of you guys knew of some things I should see/do while I'm in the area.

It's Utahans.

-------------------

Anyone here ever go to concerts?

#21 jaysapathy

jaysapathy

Drama Hater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2009 - 08:41 PM

Concerts?

In Utah?

Not since The Ritz closed down. Lacuna Coil/Devildriver/Superjoint was the last decent set that came here. Everyone else avoids metal.

And let's not forget this whiny emo shit that's killing decent music! I can honestly say I'm not proud to have gone to school with "Bert" McCracken.
When your signature is bigger than the message you just posted, it's time to reevaluate things, people.

The wife and I have a running blog on our gaming finds: http://curse.arrogantloudmouth.com/

#22 youinreverse

youinreverse

...used to be Bioshocked

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2009 - 08:43 PM

Mogwai is coming next month, it's going to be amazing!

#23 luan87us

luan87us

I am cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2009 - 11:58 PM

there a lupe fiasco concert next Wednesday

#24 youinreverse

youinreverse

...used to be Bioshocked

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2009 - 03:11 AM

Yep, I'm going to that too.

#25 jaysapathy

jaysapathy

Drama Hater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2009 - 04:05 AM

Anything DECENT? Like, oh.. I don't know, maybe something that doesn't suck? :D

#26 youinreverse

youinreverse

...used to be Bioshocked

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2009 - 04:06 AM

I already said that Mogwai was coming, they certainly don't suck. :lol:

I'm excited for the Twilight concert series, 8 free concerts, and this year they got Sonic Youth to play. :whee:

#27 Purkeynator

Purkeynator

Cheap before it was cool

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2009 - 04:54 AM

Well there is always plenty of good ski places to go ski or snowboard. There is also Anetelope Island which is an island out in the Great Salt Lake that you can get to from Antelope Drive in the Layton area. It is actually a state park and they have buffalo heards. You can also check out the Clark Planetarium and the Gateway Mall in Salt Lake City. The Gateway is one of those fancy new outdoors type malls. If you head south past Salt Lake and toward Orem there is Thanksgiving point which has an Imax theater and one of the coolest dinousaur museums ever. Also if you are into game shopping check out FatFin.com and look up some locations to go check out some Graywhale Media stores which are pretty cool for new and retro games. Speaking of retrogames if you have time you absolutely must go to Logan (about an hour north of Ogden) where you need to go to the Cache Valley Mall and check out Fun Unlimited which is without a doubt the coolest video game store and arcade in Utah. A huge store with wall to wall games from EVERY system ever released. A little pricey but they got everything there.

#28 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2009 - 02:39 PM

Well there is always plenty of good ski places to go ski or snowboard. There is also Anetelope Island which is an island out in the Great Salt Lake that you can get to from Antelope Drive in the Layton area. It is actually a state park and they have buffalo heards. You can also check out the Clark Planetarium and the Gateway Mall in Salt Lake City. The Gateway is one of those fancy new outdoors type malls. If you head south past Salt Lake and toward Orem there is Thanksgiving point which has an Imax theater and one of the coolest dinousaur museums ever. Also if you are into game shopping check out FatFin.com and look up some locations to go check out some Graywhale Media stores which are pretty cool for new and retro games. Speaking of retrogames if you have time you absolutely must go to Logan (about an hour north of Ogden) where you need to go to the Cache Valley Mall and check out Fun Unlimited which is without a doubt the coolest video game store and arcade in Utah. A huge store with wall to wall games from EVERY system ever released. A little pricey but they got everything there.

I completely forgot about Fun Unlimited! They do have a lot of hard-to-find stuff but they can be a bit pricey. Also, it can be hard to find anyone to help you. I know I've walked in there a half-dozen times and not found a single store clerk in there (all across the way playing at the arcade).

#29 Stereo

Stereo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2009 - 02:32 AM

From Midvale here :D

#30 Purkeynator

Purkeynator

Cheap before it was cool

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2009 - 04:47 AM

I completely forgot about Fun Unlimited! They do have a lot of hard-to-find stuff but they can be a bit pricey. Also, it can be hard to find anyone to help you. I know I've walked in there a half-dozen times and not found a single store clerk in there (all across the way playing at the arcade).

Completely agree with you on the expensiveness of the store. Only things I usually buy are cases for systems (they have a ton just thrown in a pile in the back, most are $5) and their huge selection of strategy guides. I have ocasionally scored good deals on guides there like the time I found a Xenogears guide a couple years ago for $7.50. However I do love to look around at things like TurboGrafx and Neo Geo games. They even have a Vectrix for sale which has been there forever!