Blue Dragon $12.99 (Xbox 360) Shipped @ Newegg.com

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 brian101

brian101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2008 - 07:17 PM

I just noticed this game dropped two dollars on newegg from $14.99 to $12.99 shipped.
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16874105468
Posted Image

#2 wildnuts02

wildnuts02

2 Real 4 U

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2008 - 07:26 PM

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=202250
Posted Image

#3 Pinnacle

Pinnacle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2008 - 07:36 PM

Installing the game to the HDD really enhances the game IMO.

#4 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2008 - 07:41 PM

Damn put some clothes on man! :lol:

#5 Red Star

Red Star

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 30 December 2008 - 07:50 PM

awesome find. just picked 1 up for my baby bro (he just got a 360 for xmas)

thanks OP

#6 VWarrior

VWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2008 - 08:21 PM

I'd been hoping for $9.99 shipped deal on this but this is close enough. Time for me to grab it.

#7 Wolfgame

Wolfgame

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2008 - 08:22 PM

just posting to say that I think this game is fantastic, i dont usually play the final fantasy style rpgs but I really got into this one and bought it for full price at release and was thoroughly satisfied, i highly recommend the game and this price is an absolute steal, plus you may want to play through it before Blue Dragon Plus is released for the DS in feb so that you are ready for the continued story
Please visit my referral link, the quicker you sign up under me and complete an offer you will be on your way to getting a FREE Guitar Hero 2 Bundle or other 360 game of your choice, any help is greatly apprecitated

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=232546

#8 mrmafia33

mrmafia33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2008 - 08:26 PM

im selling one for $10 shipped. hit me up

#9 cheapbrass

cheapbrass

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2008 - 08:35 PM

how do you install the game to the HD?

#10 hohez

hohez

Rarely Posting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2008 - 08:36 PM

Way overpriced. I'm someone how loves a classic style grind-fest RPG too, but this just drags on like none other.

Of course a lot of that is due to the way the story is told in such a childish fashion. I haven't been able to enjoy any of the paper mario or mario and luigi rpgs either, no matter how hard I try.

#11 MushaOne

MushaOne

etc. and so forth...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2008 - 08:40 PM

how do you install the game to the HD?

Go to the game on the XBox menu, press Y and then choose Install to HD.

I am always tempted by deals like this, then I just remember how bad the games actually are. Good for those just looking to build up a big library of games to impress people with though.

#12 Guest_crazy blain_*

Guest_crazy blain_*

Posted 30 December 2008 - 08:48 PM

Just to state how in-depth I've played this game, I have 975 Gamerscore in this game (missed one stupid achievement) and I can say that this game is NOT worth buying. But you wont listen, you'll buy it anyways....and you'll be sorry.

#13 charlescheese

charlescheese

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2008 - 08:50 PM

Just to state how in-depth I've played this game, I have 975 Gamerscore in this game (missed one stupid achievement) and I can say that this game is NOT worth buying. But you wont listen, you'll buy it anyways....and you'll be sorry.

You went through the trouble of getting a 975 gamerscore on it, and you don't like it? :fridge:

#14 elchupacabra

elchupacabra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2008 - 08:56 PM

was looking for this game at somewhat this price def getting it thanx

#15 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2008 - 08:59 PM

it's 9.99 at gamecrazy

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#16 1trueshad0w

1trueshad0w

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:01 PM

This game was terrible... I think I got 10% into the first disc before I felt like killing myself

#17 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:05 PM

This game was terrible... I think I got 10% into the first disc before I felt like killing myself

wow 10% :roll:, RPGs are probably not for you then, I think it's a great RPG

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#18 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:06 PM

No, I'll listen to you on this one ... :lol: ... but I'm sure glad I bought Golden Axe: Beast Rider despite everyone's warnings because I actually wound up liking that one alot.

#19 mrfreeziexp

mrfreeziexp

CAGiversary?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:09 PM

I don't know about the others, but if it weren't for topics like this, I would have missed several good deals. I don't mind it when particularly good deals get a new topic every now and then because most of the time I've missed it the first time around.

#20 Guest_crazy blain_*

Guest_crazy blain_*

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:10 PM

You went through the trouble of getting a 975 gamerscore on it, and you don't like it? :fridge:

Yes

#21 FasterTTW

FasterTTW

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:19 PM

i liked blue dragon a lot. the first disc was kinda bleh but it picks up towards the end, and the 2nd and 3rd discs are 1000% better. well worth 12 bucks

975g on this game is impressive... it's stingy with it's achievements!

#22 charlescheese

charlescheese

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:27 PM

Yes

Why? If the achievements aren't necessarily easy, why waste so much time on this game if you don't like it? There are plenty of other bad games out there with easy achievements...or even good ones! :lol:

#23 robdees

robdees

The Easy Educator

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:41 PM

The story kinda sucks and the whole game has that kiddie vibe, but I did enjoy it. There was a real derth of rpgs when I was playing through and it helped tide me over. The job system appealled to my OCD tendencies and the battle system was solid if unremarkable. I paid about $10 for it a few years ago and its worth that, IMO.

And wow, 975 gamer pts?! That's some serious time comittment....
Posted Image

#24 Zaggart

Zaggart

Lord of Thunder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:45 PM

I loved this game. Yes, hearing Shu yell "I won't give up" a million times made me want to stab him in the face, but other than that it was fine (if juvenile). Being able to configure skills to have two characters specializing in both black AND white magic helped a lot. Reminded me a lot of the early Final Fantasy games with how straightforward the customization is. It's probably the first RPG I've finished since Chronotrigger. lol

#25 VWarrior

VWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2008 - 10:18 PM

The opinions in this thread match what I've considered this game to be: a fence. I admit I played the demo when it was first released and was unimpressed, but I'm quite hardcore with Japanese RPGs and I'm willing to give Sakaguchi the benefit of the doubt that I'll find some degree of justification for $13.00.

#26 Guest_crazy blain_*

Guest_crazy blain_*

Posted 30 December 2008 - 10:32 PM

Why? If the achievements aren't necessarily easy, why waste so much time on this game if you don't like it? There are plenty of other bad games out there with easy achievements...or even good ones! :lol:

Because I paid $50 for it and I have an achievement addiction.

Bottom line is, the game sucks, and sucks bad. I have no reason to lie about it. There was never a moment when I thought it had picked up or had become "more fun". But then again, that's just my opinion and obviously some people will find this game extremely enjoyable.

But they would be wrong.

#27 farfus

farfus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2008 - 10:38 PM

No, I'll listen to you on this one ... :lol: ... but I'm sure glad I bought Golden Axe: Beast Rider despite everyone's warnings because I actually wound up liking that one alot.

Wish i had picked that up, myself : /

#28 Guest_crazy blain_*

Guest_crazy blain_*

Posted 30 December 2008 - 10:41 PM

Feel the same way about Conan for the 360. Lot of bad feedback on it but I picked it up for $10 at Circuit City and I really ended up enjoying it.

#29 goatindaruffness

goatindaruffness

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:03 PM

Because I paid $50 for it and I have an achievement addiction.

Bottom line is, the game sucks, and sucks bad. I have no reason to lie about it. There was never a moment when I thought it had picked up or had become "more fun". But then again, that's just my opinion and obviously some people will find this game extremely enjoyable.

But they would be wrong.

I would kill to have the time some of you people have, unfortunately, I have a job and a life, so I don't have 100 hours to kill on a game just so people who don't even know me think I'm an elite gamer...
Why don't you develop a crack addiction?
It's way cooler than achievements, seriously, do it...
-Goatman

"I Have A Trig Midterm Tomorrow And I'm Being Chased By GUIDO THE KILLER PIMP!!"
"WE GOT BUSH!!!"

#30 dta316

dta316

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:23 PM

I would kill to have the time some of you people have, unfortunately, I have a job and a life, so I don't have 100 hours to kill on a game just so people who don't even know me think I'm an elite gamer...
Why don't you develop a crack addiction?
It's way cooler than achievements, seriously, do it...
-Goatman

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause: