• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 SevereTireDamage

SevereTireDamage

Broken-$$$$ed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:01 PM

http://www.amazon.co...l/-/B000PS2XES/

Of course, I wait all year for this drop and cave in last month, getting TF2 and Portal separately during the Steam holiday sale. Oh well, hopefully this price sticks for a while, still want to get around to HL2 at some point! Great value, even if only included those two, let alone all that HL2.

#2 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:02 PM

nice deal, I got this for 25 last last Black friday.

I'm surprised that they still have some left.

anyone that doesn't have it, should get it.

#3 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:27 PM

MUST get it.

#4 opportunity777

opportunity777

Disco Fever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:31 PM

Finally, it's down to the right price.

#5 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:28 PM

Is each game in the collection a separate key? I already have most of what's in it and would like to grab the rest.

#6 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:36 PM

At first I thought you said TF2 at 20, I was thinking "Err, somethings wrong here"

At 20$ this is a steal. 4$ for some of the best games ever (TF2 is my '07 and '08 GotY :P) and TF2 is still getting achievements, unlockable weapons, and maps every few months.

#7 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:12 PM

go cheaper!

1080i is for douchebags

#8 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:30 AM

go cheaper!

Worst post in the thread. BARGAIN AT THIS RATE HERE.

#9 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:49 AM

Tempted to get it for the HL2 mods alone :-k

#10 gunstar808

gunstar808

Capitalism, Ho!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 03:02 AM

Is each game in the collection a separate key? I already have most of what's in it and would like to grab the rest.

I bought this when it came out, and already had HL2 on my Steam account. The game came with 1 CD key. Upon installation it detected that I already had HL2 and put a gift option for it (HL2) in my steam account.

I never used the gift option, but I think you can just give it to anyone who uses steam. You could probably sell those extra copies as well. So basically, if you already bought Portal, TF2 etc, you could try selling those individually to make back a few bucks.

Hope that helps.

#11 JaroldL

JaroldL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 03:12 AM

i really like this game. reminds me of all the fun i had on cs 1.5.

#12 Microshock

Microshock

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 03:34 AM

Finally, it's down to the right price.

The right price was when it was 50 bucks. People buying now should almost feel ashamed from stealing from Valve basically, they're like giving you these games away.

Great deal, if you dont have it, you're a fool, get it now.
Transformers: Dark of the Moon - July 1, 2011 (was AWESOME)
STEAM- Microshocky Origin/Battlelog Microshock

#13 MrChan

MrChan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 03:50 AM

Got this at Fry's for 20 dollars like last year. But nice find op! I'll be sure to let my friends know.

#14 opportunity777

opportunity777

Disco Fever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:12 AM

The right price was when it was 50 bucks. People buying now should almost feel ashamed from stealing from Valve basically, they're like giving you these games away.

Great deal, if you dont have it, you're a fool, get it now.

I'm willing to pay this price, but not a penny more, which is why I'm buying it. I would be ashamed if I paid a dollar over my personally imposed limit. Only a true fool would buy a product beyond his acceptable means.

Edited by opportunity777, 06 January 2009 - 04:23 AM.

#15 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:22 AM

People buying now should almost feel ashamed from stealing from Valve basically, they're like giving you these games away.

Yeah, right. What about their New Year's sale? Bioshock for $5? Fallout 3 for $40?

#16 V878

V878

Let's hug it out

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 06:04 AM

This is such a great deal. A friend and I got this almost a year ago when it was $30 for some Amazon DotD and we still play Team Fortress 2 from time to time. I never played the Half Life games before getting The Orange Box so that was another treat (along with Portal). You get a whole lot of gaming for the price, whether you spent $50 or are now getting it for $20.

#17 plutoknight

plutoknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 06:58 AM

Got it for less than 20 at my walmart for PS3.

Kicking myself for not getting it sooner. Portal and HL2 alone (I haven't gotten to Eps. 1 and 2 yet) make it worth it.

#18 Serik

Serik

Stack of doom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:06 AM

go cheaper!

:shock:

I preordered it on Steam for like $40 and it was still the best gaming bargain of all time.

http://img22.imageshack.us/my.php?image=userbar2kk9.jpgPosted Image
Playing:
:pc: Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, Team Fortress 2

#19 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:09 AM

Picked it up.

#20 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:57 AM

Got it for less than 20 at my walmart for PS3.

Kicking myself for not getting it sooner. Portal and HL2 alone (I haven't gotten to Eps. 1 and 2 yet) make it worth it.

I think you mean Portal and TF2. Everyone's kinda sorta HAD HL2 at this point.

#21 fake larry

fake larry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:57 AM

This really is the best deal ever. Even when it was 40$. TF2 alone has more staying power than just about any other game out there. Then you get HL2 + ep1, ep2 which are really amongst the best FPS of all time. And Portal! Another outstanding game. These are all games that are genuinely better than most of the games coming out now.

This was a steal at 40.

Right now anyone with a brain already owns it for themselves so now its time to buy this game for your... [not smart] friends.

#22 Escargoexpress

Escargoexpress

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:59 AM

I believe only half life 2 and episode 1 give you a gifting option. This was the compromise made by valve when they canceled the black box ( a compilation that was only supposed to include episode 2, portal, and tf2), to prevent fans from getting too upset at buying everything again.

#23 evilmrt

evilmrt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 05:11 PM

Got one! Thanks! I was amazed when this one wasn't $20 for Black Friday, but I'm glad I waited.