Silent Hill: homecoming (Xbox 360) $26.99 shipped from Newegg

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 jaydepps

jaydepps

CAGiversary!

• Lowball Ban

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:16 PM

Sorry if this was posted already, but Newegg is selling Silent Hill: Homecoming for the Xbox 360 for $26.99 with Free Shipping.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16874149012

Edited by shrike4242, 12 January 2009 - 02:48 AM.
Removed other affiliate links.

Check out my Indie gaming site for news, previews, reviews, and giveaways!

#2 LilPaintballer

LilPaintballer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:22 PM

Great deal, was just looking into this game and find this stellar deal. Thanks OP

#3 wildnuts02

wildnuts02

2 Real 4 U

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:26 PM

nice. i heard this was a pretty hard game
Posted Image

#4 jaydepps

jaydepps

CAGiversary!

• Lowball Ban

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:27 PM

I'm still iffy on buying this. I would absolutely love to play silent hill for the first time in my life, but my backlog is way too long because of crhistmas. Anyone vouch for this game or series and offer any comparisons?

#5 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:35 PM

I'm still iffy on buying this. I would absolutely love to play silent hill for the first time in my life, but my backlog is way too long because of crhistmas. Anyone vouch for this game or series and offer any comparisons?

Well, the series as a whole is ridiculously good...with SH2 and SH3 being real standouts. SH2 and SH4 are backward compatible on the 360, so those are definitely worth picking up cheap (SH3 was only available on the PS2). I haven't played Homecoming yet, but from what I've read, it's supposed to be a bit of a step backward for the series.

I know they let an American studio develop the game for the first time, and that may have been a mistake. But really, it's hard for any series to keep its identity when it's being handed off to a new studio. I will definitely play this game at some point because I love the SH games and the whole "alternate world" idea. But I'm in no hurry and will probably wait till this thing drops below $20.

#6 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:04 PM

nice. i heard this was a pretty hard game

Its not that hard on the normal difficulty and if you get the right ending and save your game afterwards you'll unlock a laser pistol that you can use off the bat on a hard play through (which makes getting the achievement for beating the game on hard easier than the first play through).
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 bigwoof

bigwoof

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:35 PM

i heard its a great $10, but a horrible $50

#8 duffman2k7

duffman2k7

Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:50 PM

Is this for the game new or used? I was totally ready to buy this at 60 earlier in the year so this would be a sweet deal if new

#9 rcavictor1956

rcavictor1956

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2009 - 10:02 PM

Thanks...will wait for it to go under the $20.00 mark. Just finished Silent Hill for about the 5th or 6th time for the PS1...great game.

#10 United_Korea

United_Korea

we thinX it's gr8.8

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2009 - 10:21 PM

i hated the original for its backtracking and item collecting. is homecoming anything like the original?
:ps3: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Street Fighter X Tekken, Tekken Tag Tournament 2
:360: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
:pc: Diablo III

#11 drawingboard

drawingboard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2009 - 10:24 PM

This game starts slow/boring, but gets really intense after that. It does get pretty hard though. The surround sound is amazing, and makes it worth $60.

#12 elchupacabra

elchupacabra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2009 - 10:27 PM

thanx defenetly getting this

#13 nodoctors

nodoctors

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2009 - 10:56 PM

I haven't played Homecoming yet, but from what I've read, it's supposed to be a bit of a step backward for the series.

whoah whoah...a bit of a step backwards for the series? whoever said that did not play silent hill 4(and that was by the original japanese team silent). homecoming is flawed, but it's severely underrated. if you're a fan of silent hill in the least bit, you will enjoy homecoming. especially at that price.

#14 vivisimon6

vivisimon6

Posted 11 January 2009 - 11:02 PM

Amazing!! I've been tracking this game since it's release, the lowest price drop I've spotted was $40 at one point.

#15 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:06 AM

This price is worth it. I'd pay $29.99 MAX.

I bought this in the month it came out for $35 shipped from Live cashback. At $35, I do regret that price, though.

This game is made by the people who made Sudeki (uh-oh) and Silent Hill Origins (PSP).
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#16 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2009 - 01:14 AM

Hey, it's cheaper than SH3 at least.

#17 delusional43

delusional43

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2009 - 02:10 AM

Tempting...

#18 sengar

sengar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2009 - 02:14 AM

This is a decent game. It doesn't have the same feel that the previous games did, but it's still worth playing. It's fairly challenging on hard, not really that bad on normal.

#19 Zen Rukasu

Zen Rukasu

Yo No Comprendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2009 - 02:43 AM

I don't know, I've never been a Silent Hill fan... played the first one on PS... never touched the series again.

Would you say this is a good place to start?

#20 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2009 - 02:49 AM

OP, please don't user other sites' referral links when posting deals from other sites.

Just go to the site and grab the root URL to the item on the site with the item on sale.

For this one, it was:
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16874149012

#21 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2009 - 03:05 AM

this one also has the funny ufo ending, guess it's gonna be like this for future SH games?

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#22 morphineseason

morphineseason

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2009 - 03:24 AM

this one also has the funny ufo ending, guess it's gonna be like this for future SH games?

I have this game and haven't really had a chance to play a whole lot of it yet. One of the main problems I've heard of though is that it's actually too easy to get the UFO ending (which is essentially a joke ending) on your first play through. On previous games, I think you could only get the UFO ending during a second+ playthrough.

For what I've played so far, the combat, movement, and controls are argueably better than the previous games, but most diehards will tell you that the new controls take away some of the suspense. I think the game is still pretty suspenseful, and the cutscenes still feel right at home with the series. The sound/music is still by Akira Yamaoka (the composer on the previous games), so that's also still top notch.

#23 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2009 - 03:48 AM

I wait till it drop down $15 or less. It'll drop down b4 Resident evil 5 coming out, lol
"Evil is Funs"

#24 jaydepps

jaydepps

CAGiversary!

• Lowball Ban

Posted 12 January 2009 - 03:58 AM

Sorry shrike, I'll keep that in mind when I post again.

#25 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2009 - 07:07 AM

I don't know, I've never been a Silent Hill fan... played the first one on PS... never touched the series again.

Would you say this is a good place to start?

I would get a copy of Silent Hill 2, easily the pinnacle of the series.

#26 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2009 - 07:42 AM

Upon completing the game I found no option to turn off the noise effect? I wonder why they removed this...

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#27 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 12 January 2009 - 03:40 PM

I have this game and haven't really had a chance to play a whole lot of it yet. One of the main problems I've heard of though is that it's actually too easy to get the UFO ending (which is essentially a joke ending) on your first play through. On previous games, I think you could only get the UFO ending during a second+ playthrough.

For what I've played so far, the combat, movement, and controls are argueably better than the previous games, but most diehards will tell you that the new controls take away some of the suspense. I think the game is still pretty suspenseful, and the cutscenes still feel right at home with the series. The sound/music is still by Akira Yamaoka (the composer on the previous games), so that's also still top notch.

There are 3 factors that lead to each of the 6 (I think 6 anyway) endings. It has to do with the decisions you make when confronted by your parents when you get through a good chunk of the game, and also there is a guy that you can save or not save which. Its really easy to get all endings on 1 play through if you save before each of these parts so you can go back. Well not really 1 play through but you get the idea.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#28 James in VA

James in VA

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2009 - 03:45 PM

OP, please don't user other sites' referral links when posting deals from other sites.

Stupid question alert. What does OP mean? "Original poster" or something like that?

#29 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2009 - 03:48 PM

Just a little out of range for me. Not in a hurry to play this, but would pick it up at sub $20.
-Michael

Posted Image

#30 delusional43

delusional43

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2009 - 08:39 PM

Stupid question alert. What does OP mean? "Original poster" or something like that?

yeah, original poster