#1 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2009 - 07:00 PM

Official Website.

Official Trailer (2010)

[quote]
The first project out of Sony Online's Austin studio, this action-based MMO explores the various worlds of DC Comics' superheroes and villains. Key collaborators include comic veterans Jim Lee (who serves as the game's Executive Creative Director), Ale Garza, Carlos D'Anda, and Scott Iwahashi, in addition to EverQuest developers, Chris Cao and Shawn Lord.

A massively-multiplayer experience, DC Universe Online brings high-energy action to the forefront with a combat system designed to deliver a fast-paced action experience with the extraordinary powers of your personally created heroes and villains at your disposal. Battle with or against their favorite DC Super Heroes and Villains including Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, and The Joker. For the very first time, players and fans will be able to enter this fabled world as an active force for good or evil.[/quote]Free to Play info:

Spoiler

DLC

Lightning Strikes

Spoiler

Story Videos

For New Players

Strategy tips for mastering 'DC Universe Online'

UPDATES

Spoiler

FAQ:

Below is a FAQ done over on DCUO:Unlimited, which is a fan community site dedicated to the title. Go check out their site and forums HERE.
Spoiler

BETA (OVER) Info:
Spoiler

Preorder/Game details:
Spoiler

Early Info:
Spoiler

New York Comic Con info:
Spoiler

Edited by NamPaehc, 05 December 2011 - 09:11 PM.

Posted Image

#2 m_d_amore

m_d_amore

BrooKlyn Bum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2009 - 08:57 PM

Looks good and interesting. Im more of a Marvel fan but seeing theres not really Dc guys in it so id give it a shot
Posted ImagePosted Image
You can kill a cow(mo0) and eat it. But you can't pick a plant and Smoke it?
Assy Ass Ass , Ass Ass.

XBox 360 is for Poor people

#3 BlueScrote

BlueScrote

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2009 - 09:56 PM

I'm a Marvel person also (only Batman and Green Lantern interest me from DC). Coincidentally I'm also not much of a MMO person either.

I will keep an eye on this though, because from the previews the combat looks to be more action-esque than most mmos. And its a Comic Book Game. So I have to keep an eye on this.

#4 DarkKenpachi

DarkKenpachi

Nupe 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2009 - 10:12 PM

looks good. I am also more marvel myself, but this game does have an universal appeal to it. I am a big Jim Lee fan as well. love what he did to the Xmen in the 90's

lets see how it pans out. Definately interested though
Blessed to be still standing after it all.

#5 ChiefsFan21

ChiefsFan21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:42 PM

Sorry, but I don't think this game will really do well. Yet, I will play it anyways....weird..
Posted Image

#6 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2009 - 04:13 AM

Hah yeah, I was a bit disappointed with the Marvel camp went with M$ and DC ended up going with $ony. I was hoping it would be the other way around too.

Sony has a few MMO's in the pipeline for the PS3, and this looks pretty good so far.

Posted Image

#7 riddler

riddler

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:07 AM

seems interesting...i wonder why it isn't also on the 360?
anyway, kinda looks like city of heroes...haven't played it myself though so maybe someone who has can give some insight

#8 mwynn

mwynn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:42 AM

seems interesting...i wonder why it isn't also on the 360?
anyway, kinda looks like city of heroes...haven't played it myself though so maybe someone who has can give some insight

Developer(s) Sony Online Austin
Publisher(s) Sony Online Entertainment

#9 mwynn

mwynn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:43 AM

Looks good and interesting. Im more of a Marvel fan but seeing theres not really Dc guys in it so id give it a shot

What do you mean there are not DC guys in it?

#10 Loonknight

Loonknight

Dirk The Daring

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2009 - 12:04 PM

I'm curious about this one, so only time will tell if I pick it up.

#11 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2009 - 02:19 PM

New Dev Interview is up.

Posted Image

#12 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2009 - 05:49 PM

I'm interested in what kind of "mounts" they have. I mean, not everyone should be able to run the whole city on foot right? I wonder if we'll see cars and bikes like Batman has. Would help to make the game stand out further if done right. Right now it just looks like City of Heroes with a DC coat of paint on it to me.

Posted Image

#13 m_d_amore

m_d_amore

BrooKlyn Bum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2009 - 08:20 PM

What do you mean there are not DC guys in it?

the first video gave me the impression that actual DC characters are NPC
Posted ImagePosted Image
Assy Ass Ass , Ass Ass.

#14 x3x1x

x3x1x

So fresh and so clean

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2009 - 11:51 PM

the first video gave me the impression that actual DC characters are NPC

I believe that they only are NPC. You only play as your created character, but you get to fight/fight alongside popular characters.

Watched this 3 part dev walkthrough (in a thread at evilavatar.com) from CES yesterday, and it certainly has me interested. Just have to wait and see what the pay structure is like.

#15 m_d_amore

m_d_amore

BrooKlyn Bum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2009 - 12:05 AM

monthly fee = fail for me
Posted ImagePosted Image
Assy Ass Ass , Ass Ass.

#16 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2009 - 11:31 PM

I just saw this, I wonder if similar models could work for this game too.

Vogster had originally announced CrimeCraft as a free to play game, while offering gamers the option to purchase weapons and items. Vogster is currently reevaluating this plan, and has decided to take out the option of players spending real-world money on in-game weapons that could create an unfair advantage. However, players can spend money for aesthetic changes, such as a gold plated pistol, for example, as well as consumable boost items, such as a double XP item. Ultimately, Vogster has not decided on a pay-to-play plan, a free-to-play plan, or a combination of the two.

They are, still undecided but I'm interested in seeing the different options out there these days.

Posted Image

#17 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2009 - 02:39 AM

Pretty good preview with interview video too.

He mentioned that you can earn enough respect to join the JL which is cool.

Posted Image

#18 c335harp

c335harp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:35 AM

I'm not so sure about this game. The universe is rich, no doubt, but everything they've showed thus far looks really really lackluster. Has SOE had a proven winner since Planetside (and even that game had very questionable quality)?

#19 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2009 - 04:07 AM

I'm not so sure about this game. The universe is rich, no doubt, but everything they've showed thus far looks really really lackluster. Has SOE had a proven winner since Planetside (and even that game had very questionable quality)?

What portions are you referring to that are sub par in your eyes, even at this early stage? (did they say pre-alpha?).

Posted Image

#20 Richlough

Richlough

Posted 20 January 2009 - 06:24 AM

Why would Marvel fans complain about this game when you can potentially create a Marvel hero for it ?

card.pngl1.gif

#21 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2009 - 06:15 PM

Looks like people in New York next month will be able to check this out on the show floor of NYCC.

Posted Image

#22 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:41 PM

Looks like the Wolfman's out the bag!

Earlier this week we heard about a secret comic book "legend" joining the DC Universe Online development team. The silhouetted individual was supposed to be revealed at New York Comic Con next weekend. Of course, you didn't expect it to remain a secret until then, did you? The latest issue of Wizard magazine (via BigDownload) has let the Black Cat out of the bag: writer Marv Wolfman will be enlisting with previously revealed comic veterans Geoff Jones and Jim Lee and the rest of Sony Online.

The creator of Blade and writer of Crisis on Infinite Earths will be expanding and adding to the narrative already written by Jones, while Lee is handling the art direction. Even though the surprise has apparently been spoiled, you'll still be able to enjoy a brand new playable demo at the convention. Look for the DC Universe Online panel on Saturday, February 7.

Posted Image

#23 Richlough

Richlough

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:43 PM

Marv Wolfman can only be a good thing .

I read The New Teen Titans religiously in the 80's . There were 2 back then .

card.pngl1.gif

#24 Lynsanity

Lynsanity

Lyndrick.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:26 PM

It's a it early, but is anyone interested in starting some type of Clan/Guild? If so, I can host it on my website.

#25 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2009 - 02:32 AM

It's a it early, but is anyone interested in starting some type of Clan/Guild? If so, I can host it on my website.

Yeah way to early, game might still be pre-alpha.

Here is a document though outlining some interesting things pertaining to guilds and what SOE might be looking to do with future titles.

Posted Image

#26 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2009 - 06:39 PM

Interview with dev on their hesitation to put cross-platform play into the game. ... WOW. Basically he says "because the two user bases won't like each other". That is a new one. I thought I've heard it all when it comes to cross platform play but that was just weak.

Anyway... Another dev interview here.

Posted Image

#27 Kanik

Kanik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:53 PM

Played the game at ComicCon yesterday...freaking amazing. I love how fluid the game is and incorporates everything I wanted other MMOs to be (two factions getting missions with the objective to stop each other). So great. I ended up wiping the floor of everyone else playing on the villain side, one game rep turned to me "WAS THAT YOU?!" right after clearing all the villain players. Love how they handle death (no pentalty, option to get up after 5 seconds or teleport to a safe spot if being camped). It just promotes fun and not a grind.

In contrast - I played Champions Online and hated it. Felt like City of Heroes with a new skin and some much needed balance patches like the inability to just fly away when you're getting beaten up. =/

#28 Ahadi

Ahadi

Lord Tyrant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2009 - 05:57 PM

Tagging for future updates.

Here's hoping I can be the best Captain Marvel knock off ever :lol:

#29 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2009 - 07:59 PM

Nice that you got to try out the game, sounds good!

Also here is a great interview with Marv Wolfman about his role of story teller for this game. Check it out!

Posted Image

#30 Kanik

Kanik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 02:48 AM

Sat through a DCUO panel today and later attended a dinner that the developers held. Pretty much heard everything they had to say about the game so far.

The game is in alpha, everything shown so far is only Midtown Metropolis. Other districts like Suicide Slums will have a different vibe to it.

The streets will eventually be filled with citizen NPCs as well as traffic. Citizen NPCs will also react differently depending on faction. Example: NPCs in midtown Metropolis running from Villains while the ones in Suicide Slums don't mind them. Citizens also can't be targeted or attacked. They hinted that they're "agile" - no word on whether that means attacks will go through them or if the NPCs will jump out of the way. It looked like it was leaning towards the latter.

They seemed very anti-vehicle. Meaning, they enjoyed the idea of travel powers over batmobiles. "How many times has Batman had to be flown by Superman from place to place?"

Looks like most of the action will come in the form of "Missions". Meaning, enemy NPCs don't just hang out. They took a jab at City of Heroes "Don't expect Ninjas on one corner and Snake People on the other". Rather, it will be story oriented along the lines of "investigate this area" then when you do enemies will have spawned.

Metropolis and Gotham will be the first two cities. Expansions will continue content to go elsewhere - they mentioned space and other planets.

In addition to choosing your costume from the beginning, you'll also be able to collect armor pieces. You'll be able to customize how armor pieces look on you, whether you want some to show or not and if you want to keep your character's sillhouette. This feature was likened to Batman's different armor suits - they all still look like Batman.

Buildings can't be destroyed but while playing I did notice the ability to cause cracks. A fireball that missed ended up causing a dent in the glass doors of a building.

Oh! And they hinted at Telekinetic powers. Being able to lift and control pieces of the environment. They already had one character available to play that had a shield that propelled any object nearby.

It got me very excited. :D