Photo
- - - - -

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona - Coming September 22nd (9-22-09)

• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

#1 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2009 - 10:34 PM

Opening Movie:

1CsXT65UuXI

Debut Trailer:

x5BKve5IPh0

Changelog:

• All animation sequences will be remade by the Kamikaze Douga studio. There's also going to be some new scenes as well.
  • The BGM of the original will be rearranged by Shoji Meguro, with backup vocals done by Yumi Kawamura.
  • Revamped interface to make use of the 16:9 widescreen support.
  • The scenario is fully intact, with additional dungeon floors for both the main story line and the Snow Queen Chapter. There's also going to be more puzzles in the dungeons.
  • Encounter rate has been revised for balanced gameplay, and there's now an option to set the difficulty level of the game.
  • Battle animations can be skipped, battle load times have been reduced by 2/3 the rate of the original.
  • More save points have been included, plus a quicksave function.
  • New pre-rendered map of the town, without any random enemy encounters.
QJ.net - Source

Persona, which was leaked by GameWave magazine few weeks earlier, is said to be a “complete remake” of the 13-year-old PSOne game and will be out in Japan on April 29. Among the improvements made are lots of new movies by Kamikaze Douga, three difficulty options (Normal, Beginner and Expert), more save points, enemies encounters and game balance adjustments.

Confirmed - Source

The Persona franchise has never been hotter. The incredible success of Persona 3 and 4 on PlayStation 2 has propelled the series into the limelight. Atlus may be revisiting some of the earlier Persona games, according to a report by Play Online. They claim that Hong Kong magazine GameWave notes a Persona release for PSP on its cover (pictured).

The PSP game is supposedly based on the original Persona, which released on PlayStation 1, released in 1996. Whether or not this will be a full remake or an enhanced port is unclear. However, until Atlus officially announces the game, we're going to classify this as a rumor.

Rumor - Source

Edited by SynGamer, 18 August 2009 - 06:47 AM.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#2 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2009 - 10:37 PM

Hmmm.... I'd be interested in this. I'd like to get Persona 3 or 4 on the PSP. I don't play console RPGs anymore because I don't have the time but I can spread out an RPG on the shitter over several months no problem.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#3 JEKKI

JEKKI

JEKKI WOO FOO FOO

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2009 - 11:05 PM

the magazine scan something or whatever:

http://img58.imagesh...42a6f899ad4.jpg

#4 zewone

zewone

Thursday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2009 - 11:17 PM

That seems to mention the original Persona on April 30th.

#5 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2009 - 11:24 PM

If it's a remake, i'll be happy, but if it's a port of the original, i'll pass.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#6 Nathan_Sama

Nathan_Sama

I'm backwards compatable.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2009 - 12:19 AM

O.o Want!!!!!!!!!

#7 Cao Cao

Cao Cao

Spoooooooky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2009 - 01:04 AM

GameWave did prove themselves reliable with the Disgaea 2 and Gundam reveal, and that was just a ho-hum entry on a release list, so I'd imagine that they must be pretty confident in their sources if they put the news on the cover. If it is the original Persona, then it's more likely going to be a remake since the original Persona hasn't aged nearly as well as the Persona 2 games. Hopefully it will get a localization since Atlus butchered the original game when bringing that over. With some necessary improvements and a new translation, it might be something worth playing.

More info from 1UP-shell:
http://www.1up.com/d...ory?cId=3172299

GameWave claims the remake releases in Japan on April 30 for 5,040 yen, and will feature all-new characters and scenarios. Considering the magazine's reputation for PSP news leaks, we'd call the info solid; expect an official Japanese announcement soon.

#8 Ryukahn

Ryukahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2009 - 01:30 AM

If this is true, and added with all the other releases that are coming out, 2009 is going to be an amazing year for the PSP.

#9 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2009 - 04:41 AM

I think a VP Lenneth type of port would be great (true 16:9 support, some added FMVs or something). But hopefully they give it a budget price tag.

Currently playing:
:psp: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - :) :bomb:

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#10 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2009 - 01:39 PM

If they remake this as a good game, I'll absolutely buy it.

#11 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2009 - 01:42 PM

If it's a remake, i'll be happy, but if it's a port of the original, i'll pass.

A remake is always better, but I'd be fine if they ported it and actually fixed all the shit they raped in the original playstation localization.

#12 Nathan_Sama

Nathan_Sama

I'm backwards compatable.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2009 - 03:11 PM

Well since the rumor was in a Japanese magazine, it should be the original by their standards so naturally if it ever comes stateside, they would just translate it.

#13 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2009 - 03:14 PM

I thought there was supposed to be an original Persona spinoff in development for PSP. Well, I guess since I haven't played Revelations, it's new to me.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#14 punkmaggit

punkmaggit

Masashi Hamauzu > you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2009 - 03:40 PM

but I can spread out an RPG on the shitter over several months no problem.

:lol: Ironically, I do the same thing!

#15 ZerotypeX

ZerotypeX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2009 - 05:59 PM

That would be pretty neat, maybe the PSP will get some playtime again
Currently Playing:
with myself

Posted Image

#16 rodeojones903

rodeojones903

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2009 - 06:06 PM

Holy shit! I might buy a PSP game this year!

#17 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2009 - 06:16 PM

Holy shit! I might buy a PSP game this year when it hits $20!

my viewpoint is slightly amended from yours.
Posted Image

#18 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 16 January 2009 - 06:54 PM

Need.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.

#19 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:44 AM

Confirmed via Famitsu.

Secondary image.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#20 zewone

zewone

Thursday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:08 AM

Sick.

#21 fatbeer

fatbeer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:40 AM

I hope they at least fix the major problems with that game. I played Revelations about a year ago, it didn't stood well against the test of time. There was a lot of problems with that game such as localization, missing Snow Queen quest, jagged visuals, concept of capturing Persona, and most importantly, lack of save points. A lot of stages was missing save points near boss. You better hope you win or else you have to start all over .
Posted Image

Posted Image

#22 Cao Cao

Cao Cao

Spoooooooky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2009 - 10:37 AM

Good news everyone! Persona refers to Persona as a remake, and they announced a Growlanser port for the PSP.
http://www.psphyper....lanser-for-psp/

The upcoming issue of Weekly Famitsu, which went on sale in some parts of Japan already, has two new PSP games from Atlus. Persona, which was leaked by GameWave magazine few weeks earlier, is said to be a “complete remake” of the 13-year-old PSOne game and will be out in Japan on April 29. Among the improvements made are lots of new movie, difficulty options, more save points and game balance adjustments. On the other hand, Growlanser will be a port of a 10-year-old RPG with new characters and routes. There will be adjustments to the battle tempo too, the release date is May 14 in Japan.

#23 near

near

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:13 AM

Just saw the scans for this and the Growlanser port. Shame this is going to take almost a year to get to here, because they look rad.

#24 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 04 February 2009 - 03:40 PM

Good news everyone! Persona refers to Persona as a remake, and they announced a Growlanser port for the PSP.
http://www.psphyper....lanser-for-psp/

I don't know where the Fuck they're getting "remake" from in this article because it's clearly a port with enhancements. The only differences announced thus far are new cutscenes and a new UI. The graphics, dungeons, characters, etc, etc are all the exact same. Still can't fucking wait for this.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

#25 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2009 - 03:49 PM

Dammit. I'm really considered getting rid of my PSP, and they go and give me a sliver of a reason to keep it.
Posted Image

#26 Rei no Otaku

Rei no Otaku

Rei's love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:11 PM

I hope they at least fix the major problems with that game. I played Revelations about a year ago, it didn't stood well against the test of time. There was a lot of problems with that game such as localization, missing Snow Queen quest, jagged visuals, concept of capturing Persona, and most importantly, lack of save points. A lot of stages was missing save points near boss. You better hope you win or else you have to start all over .

Yeah, I didn't think the first Persona was a good game... So unless this game is getting a major overhaul I really don't want anything to do with it.

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#27 daschrier

daschrier

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:26 PM

I hope dungeons will stay first person.
Posted Image

#28 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 04 February 2009 - 09:55 PM

I hope dungeons will stay first person.

They are. Here are larger scans of the same ones Cao Cao linked to, you can clearly see they are first person.

http://www.rpgamer.c...da020409-1.html

Again people, this is an enhanced port, not a remake. However, if we get it over here, the game will be a million times better than the original PSone version due to an acceptable translation, no censors, and the addition of the quests removed from the original NA Psone release.

EDIT: Also there is going to be completely redone soundtrack by Meguro and difficulty levels.
http://www.rpgamer.c...09/020409a.html

Edited by Dead of Knight, 04 February 2009 - 11:32 PM.

RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

#29 surak

surak

Pickle Inspector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:39 PM

I love RPGs on the PSP. I need to graduate!!!
Backlog (gradually transitioning over to CAG)

#30 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2009 - 01:12 AM

Did someone re-do the character illustrations? They look worse than the originals.