Photo
- - - - -

Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter $70 / Red Controller Kit $43 @ Buy.com Sunday Night

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#1 floridacrocs

floridacrocs

Posted 16 January 2009 - 02:21 PM

The $99.99 Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter takes the top spot this generation as the most overpriced accessory available.

Thankfully, Buy.com has you covered as they have notified us of an upcoming sale. Starting Sunday, January 18th (at Midnight PST), they will have it available for a low $69.99 (30% off). Of course their are cheaper alternatives to hook up wirelessly, but this thing seamlessly plugs/snaps into the back (and is very tempting at this price).

Source: Gamerdeals.net .

UPDATE: Xbox 360 red controller + play and charge is supposed to be $43.

Edited by CheapyD, 18 January 2009 - 01:24 PM.

#2 Guest_strongpimphand_*

Guest_strongpimphand_*

Posted 16 January 2009 - 03:21 PM

I paid about 60 for it after shipping on ebay for an used one, and it's worth it.

So, obviously, I would pay 70 for this.....even though the irony is a laptop adapter runs anywhere from 20-50 dollars....and this is running 99 retail....

#3 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2009 - 03:32 PM

Fixed affiliate link issue.

#4 rolliauctions

rolliauctions

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2009 - 03:45 PM

GreaT! I've been waiting for a cheaper deal then the Amazon deal last week. Anyone have any coupon codes to make this even better?

#5 silent h3ro

silent h3ro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2009 - 04:17 PM

This should be $50 max at MSRP. I will never understand why they charge so much for it.

#6 WiiDSmoker

WiiDSmoker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2009 - 04:19 PM

it should be $10 or less max. Wii, DS, PSP, PS3 all have built in Wi-Fi.

NNID: WiiDSmoker

Friend Code: 3136-6681-1945

#7 floridacrocs

floridacrocs

Posted 16 January 2009 - 04:19 PM

stike4242 - just copied / pasted...

but you took the credit/source away (gamerdeals.net)...... not cool IMO

#8 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2009 - 04:21 PM

stike4242 - just copied / pasted...

but you took the credit/source away (gamerdeals.net)...... not cool IMO

Sorry, fixed the credit issue. Mistaken edit.

#9 aporter727

aporter727

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2009 - 04:27 PM

I would be all over this... if it was in black.

Why haven't they made any black accessories to go along with the Elite?, and I don't mean controllers...

#10 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2009 - 04:31 PM

I would be all over this... if it was in black.

Why haven't they made any black accessories to go along with the Elite?, and I don't mean controllers...

Solves that annoying little issue:

http://www.krylon.co...on_for_plastic/

#11 aporter727

aporter727

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2009 - 04:36 PM

Solves that annoying little issue:

http://www.krylon.co...on_for_plastic/

Seems like a good idea. :applause:

#12 aporter727

aporter727

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2009 - 04:40 PM

This should be $50 max at MSRP. I will never understand why they charge so much for it.

You can get wireless nics from Newegg for 20 bucks. MS makes these products (hard drives, wireless adapters) for people who don't know any better, or people who desperately need them, and are willing to be raped for it. :-#

I would love to buy one because I'm all about first party brands and such, but as it is now I have a d-link gaming adapter that I got from my office... for free.

#13 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2009 - 04:52 PM

Closed system means they can charge whatever they want to w/o having to worry about any competition. They've got the consumer in the corner and can do whatever they want. Sell the system at a slight loss and make the big money on $50 controllers, $100 wireless adapters, and $150 hard drives.

Look on the bright side though, you're able to get the games typically for $20 on less thanks to CAG (until they go purely digital distribution that is).

#14 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2009 - 05:09 PM

You can get wireless nics from Newegg for 20 bucks. MS makes these products (hard drives, wireless adapters) for people who don't know any better, or people who desperately need them, and are willing to be raped for it. :-#

I would love to buy one because I'm all about first party brands and such, but as it is now I have a d-link gaming adapter that I got from my office... for free.

As long as you know enough to be able to make an Ethernet-to-wireless bridge work, sure, it's a better and cheaper option.

The increase of price decreases the amount of work you need to do to get it hooked into your network. For ease of use, this is as easy as it gets. And you pay for that ease of use.

#15 deletion

deletion

Posted 16 January 2009 - 05:28 PM

man still a little pricey but will think about it.

#16 aporter727

aporter727

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2009 - 05:31 PM

As long as you know enough to be able to make an Ethernet-to-wireless bridge work, sure, it's a better and cheaper option.

The increase of price decreases the amount of work you need to do to get it hooked into your network. For ease of use, this is as easy as it gets. And you pay for that ease of use.

Your absolutely right, and I'm sure I'd buy one if I didn't have my d-link adapter.

I'm sure its higher quality compared to mine also.

#17 PaRappa/GMRTAG

PaRappa/GMRTAG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2009 - 05:47 PM

One question guys. Is this adapter use wireless N or same as old XBOX one that use wireless A/B/G. If it's faster than old one I'm currently using, I might jump in. Tks,

#18 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2009 - 05:49 PM

#19 PaRappa/GMRTAG

PaRappa/GMRTAG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2009 - 05:51 PM

That's what I thought. Tks

#20 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2009 - 05:52 PM

One question guys. Is this adapter use wireless N or same as old XBOX one that use wireless A/B/G. If it's faster than old one I'm currently using, I might jump in. Tks,

The OG Xbox one was 802.11B/G. The Xbox 360 one is 802.11A/B/G. Not 802.11N.

Only way you're doing 802.11N (which isn't even a ratified standard yet) is to get an Ethernet-to-wireless bridge, or a 802.11N game adapter. It only matters if you're streaming stuff to your 360, as you're always limited by your Internet connection speeds.

#21 PaRappa/GMRTAG

PaRappa/GMRTAG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2009 - 05:59 PM

The OG Xbox one was 802.11B/G. The Xbox 360 one is 802.11A/B/G. Not 802.11N.

Only way you're doing 802.11N (which isn't even a ratified standard yet) is to get an Ethernet-to-wireless bridge, or a 802.11N game adapter. It only matters if you're streaming stuff to your 360, as you're always limited by your Internet connection speeds.

Thanks for info.

So you're saying Wireless N won't improve lag during online game, right?

I do have Verizon FIOS 20down/15up plan and Wireless N1 routher yet I notice lag using OG Xbox adapter during online play.

#22 fujishig

fujishig

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2009 - 06:02 PM

89.24? Is the deal dead?

edit: ah, never mind, reading comprehension skills are lacking today.

Edited by fujishig, 16 January 2009 - 07:42 PM.

#23 RBH

RBH

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2009 - 06:18 PM

89.24? Is the deal dead?

Are you incapable of reading?

#24 OGHowie

OGHowie

Old Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2009 - 06:18 PM

Thanks for info.

I do have Verizon FIOS 20down/15up plan and Wireless N1 routher yet I notice lag using OG Xbox adapter during online play.

It will definitely improve the connection, but I don't think it will be a HUGE difference. I'm not even sure why you'd have lag if you're using Wireless G and have such a fast connection. I have 10down/512up and I don't have lag issues.

I actually stopped using my 360 wireless adapter and switched to Powerline for a better connection when playing online.

#25 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2009 - 06:22 PM

Thanks for info.

I can't imagine it would make much of a difference, though it couldn't hurt to make the change.

#26 silent h3ro

silent h3ro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2009 - 07:38 PM

Thanks for info.

Forward your ports and your lag will disappear.

http://portforward.com/

#27 PaRappa/GMRTAG

PaRappa/GMRTAG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2009 - 07:50 PM

Forward your ports and your lag will disappear.

http://portforward.com/

Interesting. I'll try this tonight and let you know if it works. BTW. Will this improve both wired/wireless connection at once?

#28 silent h3ro

silent h3ro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2009 - 07:55 PM

You do not need to port forward with a wired connection, only wireless. It will improve all of your wireless connections as long as they are using the same IP address that you configure in your routers settings, but you can assign the same port to separate IPs, too.

#29 MattVid

MattVid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:00 PM

The $99.99 Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter takes the top spot this generation as the most overpriced accessory available.

Isn't that a fact, I am glad the PS3 has them included :) $100 bucks for a wireless adapter? That is craziness!
Regards,
MattVid
Now Playing:
:pc:: Aion, Champions Online, Crysis, SCII, L4D 2
:ps3:: Read Dead Redemption, Prototype
:psp:: Nothing
:ds:-i: Zelda: Spirit Tracks
:wii:: New SMB, Wii Sports Resort

#30 mbeno13

mbeno13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:03 PM

http://www.buy.com/r...p?prid=83125283

Coupon $5 of $75 in games. Will have to spend $5 more but that item will essentially be free then.
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/mbeno]Posted Image
[/URL]