65 replies to this topic

#1 deejay726

deejay726

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:01 AM

Amazon

Walmart

Edited by CheapyD, 02 March 2009 - 03:43 AM.
added Amazon 3/2/09

#2 ohboy10451

ohboy10451

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:04 AM

good price, but more of a rent than a purchase

WakaBrea.png

#3 Grimm Fandango

Grimm Fandango

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:13 AM

I'm not interested but URL is here:

http://www.walmart.c...duct_id=5775063

#4 Organ Donor

Organ Donor

Watch his Bull Charge!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:36 AM

Wow, a Walmart deal that isn't YMMV. Nice find

#5 Gertle627

Gertle627

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:44 AM

good price, but more of a rent than a purchase

I agree. It's a pretty fun game, but doesn't warrant buying imo.

#6 Doomstink

Doomstink

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:10 AM

Just FYI, the game is on clearance at Target. So far every Target I've been to has had at least five copies. There's a good chance that this will hit $10 or less there within the month.

#7 Gaming-Module

Gaming-Module

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:29 AM

What makes this even less appealing is that it's a game designed with a trilogy in mind, and considering the dismal sales sequels are probably never going to happen.

This gen's Advent Rising.

#8 rumblebear

rumblebear

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:45 AM

horrible game. Took me 8 hours to beat it but felt like it was forever. Same stuff over and over again. It never got any better. Terrible combat and animations. Boring loot system. Lousy art style and terrible story/cut scenes. It's like an 8 year old's take on Norse mythology with cyberpunk look slapped all over. Can't believe this horrible game actually cost 80 million dollars to make.

#9 samurai388

samurai388

The Original Samurai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2009 - 06:11 AM

horrible game. Took me 8 hours to beat it but felt like it was forever. Same stuff over and over again. It never got any better. Terrible combat and animations. Boring loot system. Lousy art style and terrible story/cut scenes. It's like an 8 year old's take on Norse mythology with cyberpunk look slapped all over. Can't believe this horrible game actually cost 80 million dollars to make.

Yep, I felt like I was banging my head against a wall for ten hours. It took me longer cause at first I was enthusiastic and tried to find everything, that ended after the first "level". What I don't understand however is how this did better than Haze when they are on par with each other in crappiness. Goodbye Time Splitters, Hello Too Hum... sorry just threw up in my mouth a little.

will buy tomorrow

NO!!! Dear god for the love of everything holy save yourself from this terrible game! Rent first so you're not disappointed. You will be anyway but at least you wasted six bucks instead of twenty.

#10 DrUnkAgAIn

DrUnkAgAIn

I like money.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:24 AM

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I actually found the combat system refreshing. Loved the graphics, and I thought the world was pretty cool, though the storyline itself was kind of lacking.

I'm kind of a loot whore though. If you like the Diablo-style games, you'll really like it.

#11 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:41 AM

I really liked the demo. Is the actual game so different and terrible in comparison?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:57 AM

Im going to wait for another price drop. $20 is still too much for this game.

#13 SINNED

SINNED

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2009 - 09:31 AM

Did everyone forget that Mass Effect is being re-released under platinum hits Feb 10th for $20, 2 disc set with the DLC.

http://www.gamestop....roduct_id=73790

#14 jkg2k3

jkg2k3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2009 - 09:40 AM

$20 is tempting but I think I'll wait.

#15 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:13 AM

will buy tomorrow

As long as your not buying it in store. Wal-Mart doesn't match their online prices, and It's $39.92 in store. Chose the site to store option or have it delievered to your home.

#16 ncibob

ncibob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:29 PM

You might want to put in the opening post that they also have Unreal Tournament III for $16.82 also.

Edited by ncibob, 04 February 2009 - 02:48 PM.

#17 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:43 PM

I liked the first area/chapter/whatever a lot, but got creamed instantly in the second area with both classes I tried, so gave up.
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#18 Camwi

Camwi

Can I be a sasquatch too?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:53 PM

Yep, I felt like I was banging my head against a wall for ten hours. It took me longer cause at first I was enthusiastic and tried to find everything, that ended after the first "level". What I don't understand however is how this did better than Haze when they are on par with each other in crappiness. Goodbye Time Splitters, Hello Too Hum... sorry just threw up in my mouth a little.

Ok, I have to ask: How did you come to that comparison? You know Free Radical did Haze and TimeSplitters, right?

#19 ww3676

ww3676

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2009 - 03:34 PM

From what I've played of the demo, I think this game is definitely worth the $20. Granted I haven't played a dungeon hack type game in like 5 years, but this should fit the bill.

I kind of feel bad for this game... for what it is, it's really not too bad. I think part of the harsh criticism it receives is due to it's extraordinarily long development cycle and cost. People just expected the moon and sun and this game obviously didn't deliver. But it's still far from being the next Diablo or anything.

#20 wubb

wubb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2009 - 03:35 PM

I might bite on this.

#21 supraazn

supraazn

ยกʎɹɐsɹǝʌıƃɐɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2009 - 03:51 PM

:cry: Ohh please don't stir back up that tragic event.

I played the Demo for too human and it wasent that bad, clunky but pretty fun.
But the demo only lasted an hour.
If the game is 8-10 hours and pretty much just more of the same, i can see how it can get bad.

No go for me, too broke to gamble on a maybe Ok game.

#22 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:02 PM

Loved the heck out of this game. It had it's bugs and it's flaws, but it was one dungeon crawler that I just ate up. I found I was spending more time in the inventory screens than actual gameplay. If you don't carefully manage your inventory, expect a very rough time. If you're a 100% completion person, expect tons and tons of replay out of it.

cagSig.png515886.png

#23 danh920

danh920

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:27 PM

got 1, thanks op

#24 danh920

danh920

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:28 PM

how are the achievements in this?

#25 cbotwell

cbotwell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:30 PM

Been thinking about this one for a few days. They also have Hotel Dusk NDS for 14.xx.

Posted Image

#26 handisnacks

handisnacks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:55 PM

If you want a more entertaining hack & slash game pick up Kingdom Under Fire: CoD or Ninety Nine Nights. I'm sure there's a couple more I'm missing out on as well. Too Human was a disaster.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#27 Camwi

Camwi

Can I be a sasquatch too?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:30 PM

Well, I'm in for a copy. I love Diablo-style games, so I'm sure I'll at least enjoy the game.

Thanks, OP!

#28 chimpian

chimpian

Now 10% more chimp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:36 PM

i thought the demo was good BUT this seems like a $10 game to me.
But we are getting close...
very close.

PS for $2 less you can have it shipped to you, used from familyvideo.com

http://www.familyvid...ucts_id=-274702

use code FREESHIP

enjoy
vivat grendel

Posted Image

#29 Viper45

Viper45

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:40 PM

What makes this even less appealing is that it's a game designed with a trilogy in mind, and considering the dismal sales sequels are probably never going to happen.

Oh man, if Too Human is this gen's Advent Rising, I need to buy it ASAP. Advent Rising was one of last generation's best games, in my opinion. Yeah it had some technical problems (which were blown WAY out of proportion), but every other part of the game made up for it.

I've played the demo of Too Human a few times, and while I didn't like it at first, I really started to warm up to it. It seems to be a love it or hate it type game, and I think I'm leaning more toward the former. Some people say it's awful, while others have put 100+ hours into it. Seems like it was a mainstream disaster, but a cult hit.

#30 Logg

Logg

Every Time I Die

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:44 PM

I rented it had fun with it, I think its worth $20.