• Please log in to reply
1955 replies to this topic

#1 Danimal

Danimal

CheapAssing it Since 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2009 - 02:33 PM

http://www.rockstarg...ddeadredemption

Apologies for the crappiness of this OP, what with the lack of trailers and info and such. I suck. I think from now on, I'll leave the creation of discussion threads about games to the people who are good at it. :oops:

Edited by Danimal, 19 May 2010 - 12:06 AM.

Posted Image

#2 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2009 - 02:53 PM

Yes, Psychobrawler and I are looking forward to it. Like you, we never played the first one, either.

#3 lolwut?

lolwut?

Thank you BasedGod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2009 - 03:13 PM

Fuck yes. Red Dead Revolver was probably the best Western themed game I've played. The multiplayer was simple but awesome, and if they just carbon-copied that with Live play, I'd be sold.

#4 JolietJake

JolietJake

Posted 05 February 2009 - 03:41 PM

I was just talking to someone the other day about red dead revolver, loved that game. Can't wait for this sequel.

I enjoy the videos and puns posted by Joliet Jake. I think he's almost as funny as my favorite comedian, Dane Cook. Now excuse me while I listen to Fallout Boy's music on their myspace page.

#5 lordwow

lordwow

Fmr. VP of the OTT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2009 - 04:41 PM

The graphics look great so far.
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2 (360), Black Ops (360)

Posted Image

#6 Sofa King Kool

Sofa King Kool

Is srsly...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2009 - 04:58 PM

Always wanted to play the first, but I never got around to it. Looks like I'll have to now.

Posted Image

#7 prence

prence

Yeah, I'm pretty awesome.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:08 PM

I didn't play the first because I heard it was terrible (switched dev companies halfway through or something?) but I'm ridiculously psyched for this one.
Remote parties restarted the matchmaking process.

#8 richdmoore

richdmoore

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:57 PM

FYI even though the game is listed as backwards compatible, it crashes at the boss level of chapter 7 (Bad Betty.) When she tries to use a whip attack, the console freezes. It's not a disc problem, it has been reported widely over on the red dead revolver forum page on Gamefaqs.

If you have the patience to defeat her from afar, then the rest of the game will pay with just graphical errors, according to the posts. (I gave up however.)

Hopefully Rockstar will pressure Microsoft to either fix this freezing error, or at least take it off of the backwards compatibity list so others don't make the same mistake I did.

The first third of the game was altight, but I enjoyed both Gun and Call of Juarez much better.

#9 yukafls

yukafls

Posted 05 February 2009 - 11:09 PM

Fuck YEAH, I have been waiting for this. Red Dead Revolver kicked ass, this one looks awesome.
Trade List:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=171114
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#10 will52

will52

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2009 - 02:38 AM

3rd time this has been posted.

But yes, i cant wait.

#11 joe2187

joe2187

I AM THE DANGER!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2009 - 02:40 AM

I loved the first game, the Multi was great, and I hope they bring by the Dead Eye aiming system, that was HOTT!.

#12 foxdvd

foxdvd

Posted 07 February 2009 - 05:22 AM

First game was a bit overrated, but I am looking forward to this. As said above, don't try this on your 360, it crashes, and looks like crap with graphic problems.

#13 Danimal

Danimal

CheapAssing it Since 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2009 - 02:33 PM

First game was a bit overrated, but I am looking forward to this. As said above, don't try this on your 360, it crashes, and looks like crap with graphic problems.

It's funny, it hadn't even occurred to me to try the first game on my 360; never even wondered whether it was backwards-compatible. I was figuring I'd get the PS2 version and take my PS2 out of the closet to play it on. Eh, I'm having trouble finding the time to get to my 360 backlog, so I'm thinking the chances I'll ever get to Red Dead Revolver are pretty thin.

Somebody mentioned that this has been posted 3 times already. Whoops. Like I said, I searched for the title and found nothing. Oh, well- this thread can die and one of the earlier postings can track it as the game gets closer to release.
Posted Image

#14 weevles

weevles

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:33 PM

An older teaser that came out about the time of the OP I guess:

And the official trailer via IGN:

http://xbox360.ign.c...id=iu9sfqfxabta

The original game did have an appeal to me, despite some control and camera problems, so now that it's gotten a new, improved engine, I'm pretty excited for this one.

#15 munch

munch

la tête de CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:41 PM

I cannot wait for this. I loved the first one.

#16 timesplitt

timesplitt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2009 - 01:37 AM

half the people in this thread havent played red dead revolver but still presume it to be awesome and are looking forward to this game without any knowledge. the ones who have played think its fabuloso.. that's overrated to me

:|

haven't played R.D.Rev myself because of all the reviews talking about glitches and errors

I'll rent R.D.Red first and if its good, then i will buy

#17 munch

munch

la tête de CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2009 - 02:35 AM

half the people in this thread havent played red dead revolver but still presume it to be awesome and are looking forward to this game without any knowledge. the ones who have played think its fabuloso.. that's overrated to me

:|

haven't played R.D.Rev myself because of all the reviews talking about glitches and errors

I'll rent R.D.Red first and if its good, then i will buy

:?: I think we need a translator.

#18 lordwow

lordwow

Fmr. VP of the OTT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2009 - 02:47 AM

I'm not a huge Western/cowboy/whatever fan, but that trailer was :drool:
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2 (360), Black Ops (360)

Posted Image

#19 Last Baron

Last Baron

Mark it zero

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2009 - 04:59 AM

I'm down if Ennio Morricone is scoring.

#20 axlrose4183

axlrose4183

Posted 07 May 2009 - 05:49 AM

This first game was fuckin awesome. The original had great graphics for a regular Xbox game. It is hands down the best western game of all time - Gun, Juarez have nothing on Red.

axlrose4183.png

#21 munch

munch

la tête de CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2009 - 11:33 AM

I'm down if Ennio Morricone is scoring.

So the game could be the baddest on the planet, but if Morricone isn't scoring you're not going to pick it up?

#22 MemphisChill901

MemphisChill901

Posted 12 September 2009 - 11:34 PM

I played the first, and loved it. I have this game pre-ordered as well. The only issue I am seeing is the fact that there is only like 2 videos out, and no game-play videos. But, knowing Rockstar,they are gonna keep all the info under lock and key until the first of the year (2010). Ever since one of their employees leaked a massive amount of info about GTA Vice City, they have been really tight on letting info out.But it is about time for an ad campaign.

#23 johnnyrocker360

johnnyrocker360

BROTHERRRRRRRRRRRRRR

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2009 - 11:42 PM

the title of this thread should be changed to TBA 2010.
Blarg

Posted Image

#24 MemphisChill901

MemphisChill901

Posted 12 September 2009 - 11:51 PM

But it's not TBA... it's already announced.

#25 johnnyrocker360

johnnyrocker360

BROTHERRRRRRRRRRRRRR

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2009 - 12:40 AM

the release date has been announced for 2010? please i would like to know when.
Blarg

Posted Image

#26 MemphisChill901

MemphisChill901

Posted 13 September 2009 - 12:53 AM

1/4/2010

By gamestop. I know they hold no clout, but they didn't just make up a date - rockstar told them it would be done by then I presume..

#27 johnnyrocker360

johnnyrocker360

BROTHERRRRRRRRRRRRRR

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2009 - 12:57 AM

yeah you can't believe gamestop cause a few games that are coming out next year sometime have 3/31/09 release dates for some reason. thanks for letting me know. this makes me a little happier. :-)
Blarg

Posted Image

#28 MemphisChill901

MemphisChill901

Posted 13 September 2009 - 12:59 AM

:D, np. this game could come out in 30 years. with rockstar anythings possible. cept somethings.

#29 MemphisChill901

MemphisChill901

Posted 06 February 2010 - 03:20 AM

New video:
http://www.gametrail...-red-dead/61317

I'm very impressed!

#30 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2010 - 06:30 AM

They got a fucking buffalo rifle. I'm there.