Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

MLB 09: The Show CAG League - WEEK 7 STANDINGS! READ POST #1065!!!

• Please log in to reply
1092 replies to this topic

#1 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2009 - 03:27 AM

Posted Image

3 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW TO PLAY IN THIS LEAGUE:

Spoiler

After experiencing many problems with the fantasy draft system, and having it temporarily break the league, astonisingly enough, it managed to fix itself. The rosters have been finalized, and we are ready to PLAY BALL! Everybody should start playing their games, and remember, you don't have to play anyone in a set order, but that doesn't mean you can use the same pitcher for every game. You're expected to go through your pitching rotation like any other team would. Most importantly, do your best...and have fun!

Check out the Official CAG League Website, where you can view your schedule, league standings, see who's online, and read the league bulletin board.

Signed Up CAGS *click name to send private message
CAG Name | PSN ID | Team | Email/AIM | Time Zone
1. n8rockerasu - n8rocker82 - New York Yankees - EST
2. BostonCollegeFan - BostonCollegeFan - San Fransisco Giants - EST
3. yukine - ratzombie - Arizona Diamondbacks - MST
4. DestroVega - DestroVega - Minnesota Twins - EST
5. ivanctorres - ICT_EsqGamer - Tampa Bay Rays - ivanctorres@gmail.com - EST
*kicked out - 0 games played in 3 weeks

6. zkelton - Keltonian - Seattle Mariners - EST
7. Supreme - CaptainBackslap - Chicago White Sox - EST
8. m_d_amore - mdam0re - Toronto Blue Jays - EST
9. talonthrawn - talon7 - Detroit Tigers - CST
10. melokeith - cusemanKeith - Baltimore Orioles - EST
11. stewie75 - MrFurley75 - Chicago Cubs - CST
12. Wpark83 - Wpark83 - Colorado Rockies - EST
13. NoNova - NoNova - San Diego Padres - ???
14. BasketCase1080 - Killsbury - Milwaukee Brewers - steggermeister - CST
*kicked out - 4 games played in 6 weeks/failed to contact opponents

15. GenDV138 - GenDV138 - St. Louis Cardinals - GenDV138 - EST
16. jza1218 - statnut - New York Mets - EST

Team Selection Lottery

Video:
Spoiler
List:
Spoiler

Player Draft Order
Spoiler

Week 7 Standings
Posted Image
Posted Image

Current Pitching Rotations

NATIONAL LEAGUE

New York Mets - jza1218/statnut
Spoiler

Chicago Cubs
- stewie75/mrfurley75
Spoiler

St. Louis Cardinals - GenDV138/GenDv138
Spoiler

Arizona Diamondbacks
- yukine/ratzombie
Spoiler

Colorado Rockies - Wpark83/Wpark83
Spoiler

San Diego Padres - NoNova/NoNova
Spoiler

San Francisco Giants - BostonCollegeFan/BostonCollegeFan
Spoiler

AMERICAN LEAGUE

Baltimore Orioles - melokeith/cusemankeith
Spoiler

New York Yankees - n8rockerasu-n8rocker82
Spoiler

Toronto Blue Jays - m_d_amore/mdam0re
Spoiler

Chicago White Sox - Supreme/CaptainBackslap
Spoiler

Detroit Tigers - talonthrawn/talon7
Spoiler

Minnesota Twins - DestroVega/DestroVega
Spoiler

Seattle Mariners - zkelton/Keltonian
Spoiler

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CAG League Tournament (in case we ever need it again)
Spoiler

Edited by n8rockerasu, 30 May 2009 - 05:12 PM.

#2 BostonCollegeFan

BostonCollegeFan

Posted 12 February 2009 - 03:37 AM

I'm in.

#3 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:05 AM

in for sho

Destro1.gif            DestroVega.jpg

#4 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:51 AM

I'll give it the ol' college try.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#5 BostonCollegeFan

BostonCollegeFan

Posted 12 February 2009 - 05:09 AM

I'll give it the ol' college try.

We need the Darthmouth Dedication ;)

#6 ivanctorres

ivanctorres

Johan is gansta!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2009 - 05:27 AM

I'm in!
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#7 FrankySox

FrankySox

4 more than Lebron

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2009 - 06:55 AM

I'd like to join as well.
CAREER STATS: 521 HR, .301 BA, .419 OBP, 2 MVPs, 0 STEROIDS
Posted Image Posted Image

#8 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:21 AM

Sorry fantasy draft = I'm out.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#9 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:39 AM

Sorry fantasy draft = I'm out.

If somebody else had gotten the Cardinals and their real roster, would you have been out also?

#10 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2009 - 08:20 AM

If somebody else had gotten the Cardinals and their real roster, would you have been out also?

No I would have figured out someone else to use that wasn't the Cubs, Phillies, Mets, Red Sox, or Yanks. It probably would have been either the Angels, White Sox, Dodgers, or Indians since the Rays would have been taken.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#11 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2009 - 08:51 AM

No I would have figured out someone else to use that wasn't the Cubs, Phillies, Mets, Red Sox, or Yanks. It probably would have been either the Angels, White Sox, Dodgers, or Indians since the Rays would have been taken.

All right...so, you'd rather have none of your favorite players than be able to have a few on a (potentially) different team? You must be one hell of a purist man, haha. Seriously though, I feel bad for excluding anybody, but I really believe doing a draft gives everybody a fair shake. Anyway, sorry we couldn't do it for ya man.

#12 Pure Apathy

Pure Apathy

I got paid!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:09 AM

I'll do it.

Formerly known as RawisJericho

Posted Image

#13 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:31 PM

to MSU... maybe the next league we can do regular teams? I assume there will be two again at some point like last year

#14 smiggity

smiggity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:53 PM

What do you guys do about the lag? Dont they have a 1 inning grace period that lets you quit? Then who takes the loss? I know I would hate to be forced to sit through 9 innings of hellish lag

Im still not to sure about how the win-loss situation is sorted out when there is lag.
"Like Normal People"
Virtual trophies are for those who have nothing they excel at in reality.

Posted Image
"Confrontation is the one among many of its kind that will only be used by the elite players and clans. All others who only want to play for a few hours and dream of a new generation of experience, should choose another game"-Eurogamer

#15 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2009 - 05:34 PM

What do you guys do about the lag? Dont they have a 1 inning grace period that lets you quit? Then who takes the loss? I know I would hate to be forced to sit through 9 innings of hellish lag

Im still not to sure about how the win-loss situation is sorted out when there is lag.

I wouldn't sign up for the league if you don't know if you can handle lag...

I played a few games that were almost unplayable last year and I just battled through it.sometimes the connections all of a sudden got better, sometimes not

but if you do play and don't want to play through lag and you quit, you lost. there is no grace period, you start you quit you lose.

#16 JetTone

JetTone

Posted 12 February 2009 - 05:34 PM

I'm tentatively in. Still deciding on whether or not to pick up the game.

#17 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2009 - 05:44 PM

Yeah, I don't mean to be harsh about it...but I generally don't like sugarcoating things. If you're one of those people who just HAS to have a smooth game or you'll have a conniption, I'd advise not signing up. I hope to God they've fixed the online this year, but none of us can make any guarantees. There were games last year where you couldn't really see the pitch as it was coming toward you, and just had to time/guess your swing. The important thing to remember is that both people are dealing with it.

I don't anticipate actually starting the league until a couple weeks after the game has been out though, so if you're getting it day one, you should have time to test it out, and see if you'd want to join the league (assuming there are still spots open).

I'm tentatively in. Still deciding on whether or not to pick up the game.

Again, not to be harsh, but then you're not in. I'm not interested in "maybe"s.

#18 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2009 - 05:58 PM

A late start will be good especially if they require you to play a certain amount of games to even be able to create a league like last year.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#19 smiggity

smiggity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2009 - 06:19 PM

I wouldn't sign up for the league if you don't know if you can handle lag...

I played a few games that were almost unplayable last year and I just battled through it.sometimes the connections all of a sudden got better, sometimes not

but if you do play and don't want to play through lag and you quit, you lost. there is no grace period, you start you quit you lose.

My whole thing is, Im not going to sit there wasting my time and having no fun because I cant see the pitch. Certainly it would not be my connection, so Im not worried there.

Also I believe I read that in online games there is a 1 inning "grace period" that lets you quit the game without penalty. That is what I am referring to.

If its a late start I will give it a shot the first week or so and see how it goes online for me

Edited by smiggity, 12 February 2009 - 06:55 PM.

"Like Normal People"
Virtual trophies are for those who have nothing they excel at in reality.

Posted Image
"Confrontation is the one among many of its kind that will only be used by the elite players and clans. All others who only want to play for a few hours and dream of a new generation of experience, should choose another game"-Eurogamer

#20 Supreme

Supreme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2009 - 06:32 PM

I'm in if you don't mind having me back.
Posted Image

When life gives you lemons, you paint that shit gold.

#21 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2009 - 06:42 PM

I'm in.

#22 m_d_amore

m_d_amore

BrooKlyn Bum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:09 PM

Im down.
when do you plan on getting this going? 2 weeks after release? 3 sooner? too early to tell?
Posted ImagePosted Image
You can kill a cow(mo0) and eat it. But you can't pick a plant and Smoke it?
Assy Ass Ass , Ass Ass.

XBox 360 is for Poor people

#23 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:24 PM

A late start will be good especially if they require you to play a certain amount of games to even be able to create a league like last year.

Yeah, well I don't even really consider it much of a "late start" considering the game comes out a month before the regular season starts anyway. I figure a couple weeks to let everybody get acclimated to the changes, fulfill any minimum game requirements, and to test the severs should be fine.

I'm in if you don't mind having me back.

Of course man. Like I've been saying, I think certain tensions arose last year more as a result of frustration with the overall system. I think those problems are things we can learn from, and hopefully provide a better experience to all participants this year. Welcome to the league :)

#24 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:30 PM

My whole thing is, Im not going to sit there wasting my time and having no fun because I cant see the pitch. Certainly it would not be my connection, so Im not worried there.

Also I believe I read that in online games there is a 1 inning "grace period" that lets you quit the game without penalty. That is what I am referring to.

If its a late start I will give it a shot the first week or so and see how it goes online for me

Alot of times it wasn't either person's connections, it was the Sportsnet server that was the lag problem

#25 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:00 PM

All right...so, you'd rather have none of your favorite players than be able to have a few on a (potentially) different team? You must be one hell of a purist man, haha. Seriously though, I feel bad for excluding anybody, but I really believe doing a draft gives everybody a fair shake. Anyway, sorry we couldn't do it for ya man.

It's just I don't like fantasy drafts for any type of video game sports. I've played fantasy sports on Yahoo for years, but when I play it on a video game, I want the real teams.

It's fine, just more time to devote to maybe actually finishing one season playing all the games in a baseball game for the first time since High Heat 03.

In regards to the lag a patch was put out about 1 month after the game came out and it fixed some of the issues. That's the problem with PS3, the online experience is only as good as the servers. And with the Show (at least last year) they were poor to mediocre.

42869.png

#26 talonthrawn

talonthrawn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:20 PM

You know I'm in.
Posted Image

#27 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2009 - 10:13 PM

I would be all over this if it wasn't for the unknown lag situation and also the fantasy draft aspect.

I do wish you all the best of luck though and will likely follow this thread closely.

#28 melokeith

melokeith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2009 - 10:46 PM

I'm in!!!

keith

psn - cusemanKeith

#29 ivanctorres

ivanctorres

Johan is gansta!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 12:07 AM

I'm happy to see that a bunch of people from the N8 league last year are in this year. Should be fun and Ill be able to get revenge on all the spankings I took last year.

Edited by ivanctorres, 13 February 2009 - 03:42 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#30 Willie Aames

Willie Aames

Posted 13 February 2009 - 12:28 AM

I'm interested. Not certain if we're calling teams yet, but I'll but my bid in for the O's