Photo
- - - - -

[DEADER THAN DISCO] Left 4 Dead $24.99 (50% off)

• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

#1 Serik

Serik

Stack of doom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:05 PM

Posted Image

Weekend Deal! Save 50% off this weekend only.

In other L4D news:

Due for release this spring, the DLC for 2008's best-selling new game property on the PC and Xbox 360, is dubbed the L4D Survival Pack and introduces a new multiplayer game mode entitled, Survival, plus two complete campaigns for Versus Mode (Death Toll, Dead Air)

The PC DLC will also feature the SDK, which means lots of fun custom maps and scenarios.

Edited by Serik, 28 February 2009 - 04:54 AM.

http://img22.imageshack.us/my.php?image=userbar2kk9.jpgPosted Image
Playing:
:pc: Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, Team Fortress 2

#2 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:09 PM

If only this was a B&M sale. I can't stand not having a physical copy of a full game.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 ohboy10451

ohboy10451

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:11 PM

very tempting. Can anyone please provide the minimum spec requirements?

WakaBrea.png

#4 JUDOHAWK

JUDOHAWK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:15 PM

System Requirements

• Minimum:

• Supported OS: Microsoft Windows XP / Vista / Vista64
  • Processor: Pentium 4 3.0GHz
  • Memory: 1 GB
  • Graphics: 128 MB, Shader model 2.0, ATI 9600, NVidia 6600 or better
  • Hard Drive: At least 7.5 GB of free space
  • Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

• Recommended:

• Supported OS: Microsoft Windows XP / Vista / Vista64
  • Processor: Intel core 2 duo 2.4GHz
  • Memory: 1 GB
  • Graphics: Shader model 3.0, NVidia 7600, ATI X1600 or better

#5 mantis44

mantis44

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:16 PM

If only this was a B&M sale. I can't stand not having a physical copy of a full game.

I agree with this 100%, although I might just cave and get it.
Posted Image
Music Collection
Game and Movie Collection

Currently Playing:
:pc: - Fallout 3: GotY
:pc: - Left 4 Dead 2
:360: - Rock Band 2

#6 bigwoof

bigwoof

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:16 PM

buy it. dont be a nub

#7 LegioXIX

LegioXIX

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:17 PM

Why do they do this to meeeeeeee!!!!!! Must...resist...temptation!!!!
Posted Image

Posted Image
"Sweet is war to him who knows it not, but to those who have made a trial of it, it is a thing of fear." -Pindar, Fr.

#8 mindtrick

mindtrick

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:19 PM

I've heard just as much good as I have bad about this game, but at this price...it might just be worth checking out.

I'm with Scorch in that I'm fairly anal about having a hard copy...is there a limit to how many times you can download a purchased game off steam if for some reason I need to delete this, like to reformat?

#9 Z(+)DIAC

Z(+)DIAC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:20 PM

There really is no reason for anyone not to own this game...at least at this price.
Posted Image

#10 cheapo72

cheapo72

Run, you pigeons!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:21 PM

Like Scorch said, I greatly prefer physical games. When I registered my physical Orange Box, however, I realized that Valve Games are essentially nothing but display boxes. I will never even remove the disc...*sigh*... I am conflicted about this deal.

#11 Serik

Serik

Stack of doom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:22 PM

There's no point buying a physical copy. Regardless of how you purchase L4D, it'll be tied to your Steam account, which gives you unlimited downloads on as many PCs as you want. The catch is your account can only be active in one place at one time.

Besides, last time I checked, L4D was being sold in a flimsy DVD case. (I'd still buy all my PC games at B&M if they came in glorious big boxes circa 1995.)

So if a piece of plastic and disc are worth an extra $20, so be it

However, if you're interested in FEAR 2, Dawn of War II, and/or Empire Total War, I'd buy them at retail; each one uses Steamworks which allows you to register the game on Steam. So you can have a physical copy and the convenience of Steam, all at retail price. (I'm not a paid spokesmen for Monolith, Relic, or Creative Assembly :) ).

http://img22.imageshack.us/my.php?image=userbar2kk9.jpgPosted Image
Playing:
:pc: Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, Team Fortress 2

#12 JUDOHAWK

JUDOHAWK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

How does it run on single core processors? I have a 3.2 ghz P4, 2GB of ram and an HD4650. I can run crysis on med with around 30 fps, but I dont know how this'll run. Considering the source engine is pretty CPU dependant under all that fluff.

#13 judyjudyjudy

judyjudyjudy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I agree with this 100%, although I might just cave and get it.

Same here. I've been really wanting to play this on PC, even tho I have this on 360 already. I hate not having a box tho... argh. I dunno if it's better or worse since that I already have a hardcopy for 360.
My games, DVDs, and feedback.

#14 forumreader

forumreader

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:24 PM

I've heard just as much good as I have bad about this game, but at this price...it might just be worth checking out.

I'm with Scorch in that I'm fairly anal about having a hard copy...is there a limit to how many times you can download a purchased game off steam if for some reason I need to delete this, like to reformat?

I've switched PC purchasing almost exclusively to Steam (and some GoG) because I'm completely over not having a boxed copy, especially at Steam's prices and ease of use.

There is no download limit for almost all games. I think there are a few EA games that have a re/de-activation scheme where you can have like 5 concurrent installations at any given time, but someone else probably knows more. None of the Valve games have any restrictions.

#15 arziel

arziel

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:26 PM

I'm pretty sure that you can backup the digital copy of the game onto a disc once fully downloaded... If you really NEED to have a physical disc.

Now as for the game is concerned it is very fun IF you have friends to play with in my opinion. Pugging in online matches is very annoying and the teams are usually stacked with zero ability of a moderator being able to switch teams in order for it to be a much more competitive game. With all that being said, this is a great deal for $25. If you haven't bought this game yet, I would definitely suggest to buy it now.

#16 tex1ntux

tex1ntux

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:26 PM

I would take a Steam license over a physical game any day.

Discs get broken and scratched, and CD keys get lost, but a Steam game is forever.

#17 mindtrick

mindtrick

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:27 PM

Alright, if it's unlimited downloads (at one location) and there's FREE DLC on the way, I'm in for one.....sigh. My comp will have no problem running this and I don't have any other means to play it as I don't have/want a 360. Thank god I just got my tax return.

#18 Escargoexpress

Escargoexpress

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:27 PM

I picked up a copy at the amazon sale, and the box is literally a dvd case with a disc and a piece of paper with the key. You aren't missing much by buying it online, and you have to use Steam, anyway
This is the best price I've seen for this since the Amazon black friday sale

#19 judyjudyjudy

judyjudyjudy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:30 PM

I picked up a copy at the amazon sale, and the box is literally a dvd case with a disc and a piece of paper with the key. You aren't missing much by buying it online, and you have to use Steam, anyway

I mainly want a physical copy cuz I just like to have physical stuff, tho this does make me feel better if I do end up getting this through Steam.
My games, DVDs, and feedback.

#20 Pajama_Man

Pajama_Man

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:30 PM

I nabbed a copy for a family member on black Friday on amazon, Thinking about gifting this deal to a friend. Yea you're not missing anything at all unless you like have a dvd case that has a severed hand and a missing thumb on your shelf.

PS: Aggghh come on EA bring Burnout: Paradise on to Steam! :cry:
Join the CAG's Steam Community HERE!
Posted Image

#21 Renaissance 2K

Renaissance 2K

*nom nom nom*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:31 PM

Will definitely jump on this.
Posted Image

#22 jwbrown77

jwbrown77

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:32 PM

Bought. Thanks for the tip.

#23 spuffin

spuffin

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:41 PM

I bought a physical copy only because it was the cheapest method to buy it at the time. That said, I never took the DVD out of the case. I just attached the CD-Key to my steam account and started the download.

As others have stated, buying it physically and online is really no different for a Steam game. You *CAN* back up your steam games to disc which could add extra cost (price of a blank dvd) but even if you have a physical copy like I do, I couldn't play it if Steam went down in a fiery blaze of glory... So what does having a physical copy really get you? The convenience of not having to burn a backup DVD (assuming you would do that to begin with.)

PS Just saw Pajama Man's post and agree wholeheartedly. Burnout Paradise Ultimate - sans extra DRM on Steam. I was hoping this weekend was either going to be that announcement or a free TF2 weekend to coincide with the Scout pack.

#24 theking20

theking20

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:47 PM

wow, what a deal
wish the deal was on the 360 version though :(

#25 Sporadic

Sporadic

done with this site

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:49 PM

There's no limit to how many times you can download a purchased game.

You can also back up the files to a DVD that way you don't have to download the whole thing again.

#26 wakawakawa

wakawakawa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:50 PM

Sweet Deal. I'm surpised how high the processor minimum requirement is. I'm not even sure my PC meets it.

#27 Over easy

Over easy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:50 PM

Man, I was hoping for FEAR 2 going on sale. It's probably just a matter of time.
Posted Image

#28 tankass

tankass

Badass Mutha

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:58 PM

Yea any steam game is pretty wothless to get B&M unless the packaging is LE or it comes with something other than just the DVD. Ive gotten HL2LE and orange box and only time i ever used the discs is the first time. never touched them since. Great deal, im jumping on it.

#29 ChernobylCow

ChernobylCow

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:58 PM

In this case I think having the physical copy is worthless. It is just an unimpressive case, a disc, and an insert with your cd key. No manual or anything worth looking at.

#30 cheaphuck

cheaphuck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 07:06 PM

I like having my Half Life cases so I wanted a case for L4D. But the L4D case was a slim-line flimsy case with bad art work and a piece of paper with your key which is essentially worthless after being assigned to your account so you are not missing much at all.