Photo
- - - - -

CAGcast #150: Shipwreck Hates PS3, Killzone 2, and You!

• Please log in to reply
343 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:08 AM

Cheapy provides Street Fighter IV, Flower, and Killzone 2 beta impressions while Wombat gives us better late than never Comic Con coverage. Shipwreck provides a PS3 hatred that glows as red as the hair on his head. A metric ton of other games are also discussed as well as the latest shopping and industry news, new releases, your CAGbag questions and so much more!

Get a free trial of Netflix and support the CAGcast:
www.netflix.com/cagcast

Download - 121 minutes, 49MB
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Bonus Photos & Video:

Edited by CheapyD, 18 February 2009 - 09:46 PM.

#2 FarmhouseMedia

FarmhouseMedia

The Casual Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:30 AM

Wow, 2 hours!!! Sweet, downloading now.
This will make my trip to work a lot more enjoyable.

#3 The Truth 34

The Truth 34

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:31 AM

Great, I've been itching for a new one. CAGcasts always make Wednesday better.

#4 xDARKx Knight

xDARKx Knight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:50 AM

Just downloaded...looking forward to it :)
Two hours asell. Awesome!

Interested in what Shipwreck has to say about the PS3 because i bought one a few days ago....and Killzone 2 was one of the main reasons (aswell as some other games).

Posted ImagePosted Image

..I counted my blessings, now I'll count this curse..
:360::ps3::ds:

#5 kaaspeer

kaaspeer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:21 AM

Why isn't this on the mainpage yet?

Thanks for the 'cast!

#6 dabebop

dabebop

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:40 AM

Sweet, can't wait to listen to this in the morning so thanks for the hard work cheapy, wombat, ship :)

#7 doug89

doug89

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:54 AM

To Wombat.
I believe the actor you spoke with was Mark Sheppard, I knew it just by the number of episodes of Firefly and Battlestar Galactica he acted in. I'm actually a little disappointed that you didn't recognise him, I am a massive Firefly fan.

CheapyD I remember you said you have been watching a bit of Battlestar, he portrayed the lawyer who defended Baltar.

http://en.wikipedia....i/Mark_Sheppard
Posted Image
PC, DSL, Xbox360 (Dead), PS2.

#8 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 12:06 PM

Sweeet download it right now. Glad to read Shipwrecks back on the show I really like it when the three of your do it.

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

PSN the-nexus6 | Xbox Live Ken the Wizard
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#9 Nayson

Nayson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 12:07 PM

I meant to post this a week ago, but I am too lazy. Though I was kinda surprised when Wombat said Shipwreck turned the big three-o on Friday 6th February on the show.
Ill get all internets now and say "O SNAP!". I turned thirty on the same day. :bouncy:

#10 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 18 February 2009 - 12:08 PM

To Wombat.
I believe the actor you spoke with was Mark Sheppard, I knew it just by the number of episodes of Firefly and Battlestar Galactica he acted in. I'm actually a little disappointed that you didn't recognise him, I am a massive Firefly fan.

CheapyD I remember you said you have been watching a bit of Battlestar, he portrayed the lawyer who defended Baltar.

http://en.wikipedia....i/Mark_Sheppard
Posted Image

Unless he was wearing his little bowler hat, I wouldn't have recognized him either.
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#11 Loonknight

Loonknight

Dirk The Daring

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 12:56 PM

Great show this week. Flower is worth the $9.99 for sure. As for the Killzone 2 Demo, I'm surprised that neither Wombat nor Shipwreck just didn't create a European Account to download it without having to resort to Gamestop. I will agree with Wombat that it should be in the US store with no strings attached.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Raise your bananas ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

#12 E*Master

E*Master

Cross Border Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:12 PM

YES! Imma have to stream it over 3G on my iphone for the ride home from work though but that's cool! Two hours! I can't wait!!!

#13 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:20 PM

Great show this week. Flower is worth the $9.99 for sure. As for the Killzone 2 Demo, I'm surprised that neither Wombat nor Shipwreck just didn't create a European Account to download it without having to resort to Gamestop. I will agree with Wombat that it should be in the US store with no strings attached.

You inspired me to make my cat that UK PSN account he's been bugging me about. Demo incoming.
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#14 liquidcross

liquidcross

Text and Violence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:29 PM

I'll have to pass on this episode. I get enough PS3 bashing on gaming news sites.

And complaining about the Gamestop exclusive Killzone 2 demo is more of the same double standards. No one complains about Xbox 360 exclusive demos, do they?

#15 rogueweapon

rogueweapon

FREEyourMIND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:36 PM

Nice yingyang. Killzone 2 looks great but I'll wait for the bargain on this one. Isn't everyone sick and tired of FPSs? If I had a demo to try I'd consider buying it but with a backlog of great games to finish and a busy life, I can wait. Plus SF4 & RE5 are coming out. The Sonic Sega Genesis Collection is great but not much better than the previous Genesis Collection for the ps2, it does have the arcade versions of Altered Beast and Space Harrier. Btw, most console fanboys only own 1 system and have to justify their purchase with irrational arguments.
Posted Image

GET SMART, sub my videos & favorites on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/rogueweapon

@rogueweapon twitter
http://www.twitter.com/rogueweapon

#16 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:40 PM

I'll have to pass on this episode. I get enough PS3 bashing on gaming news sites.

And complaining about the Gamestop exclusive Killzone 2 demo is more of the same double standards. No one complains about Xbox 360 exclusive demos, do they?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

#17 dubbfoolio

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:53 PM

love the episode title. can't wait to listen. goddamn that shipwreck. damn him to hell!

#18 blazsox

blazsox

Night Prowler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 02:07 PM

I have to disagree about the MP being the most important factor in games. I still believe, at least for me, the single player is the deal breaker. Despite one exception (Warhawk), I won't fork over $60 for a game that was obviously MP focused rather than SP focused. I live on a college campus and they block internet gaming, so I spend a great majority of my time playing a single player game. Sure I could do offline MP, which I do here and there but nothing to get my $60 worth.

I would like to believe the main focus of the developers would be the single player campaign. I consider multiplayer as a bonus. For a game like SFIV I would like to see the developer put in a solid MP campaign but at the same time give enough content and modes for the solo player to enjoy as well.

Everyone can play single player, but not everyone can do online multiplayer (money isssues, broadband unavailable in certain areas).
Posted Image

Currently Playing:
:ps3: Splinter Cell HD Trilogy
:ps3: NBA 2K13
:360: Forza Motorsport 4
Posted Image Lego City Undercover

#19 Swoxx

Swoxx

Resident Swede

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 02:38 PM

Great show overall, good content. my only snag is that i was quite dissapointed that you never got to the "your view on developing the next console" segment that you were gonna do for #150, i was really looking forward to hearing your views and thoughts!

oh well..cant get everything now can ya ;)

#20 Nightskyre

Nightskyre

Posted 18 February 2009 - 03:16 PM

Wombat, Wombat, you are so sweet,
to be giving away a game that is neat.
This post is for you, to sway your vote,
Because posting is free, costs nary a groat.

Banjo is the star, that wacky brown bear,
Brought to the forefront by developer Rare.
Kazooie stars too, that pack dwelling bird,
Who gives Banjo a lift when his squawking is heard.

My wife thinks they're cute, she's played the first one,
And I'd buy her another, but I'm a cheap bum.
Since you're giving away their game that's most recent,
I've drummed up this rhyme, which to be honest, ain't decent.

So spare me some mercy, and award it to me,
I figure it's likely you got it for free.
With that, I'll sign off, and leave you to ponder,
When you come looking, I'll be playing some Conker.

Man, I suck at this stuff. You da man, Wombat!

#21 4nik8tor

4nik8tor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 03:28 PM

damnation has always been advertised as a (catch word) "steam punk" game.

p.s.
Nuts and bolts plz.

bababooey ya'll

#22 dipic

dipic

Paradoxical

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 03:36 PM

Good show guys. I think everyone should experience flower as well. It's short but it's quality.

#23 smarkbran

smarkbran

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 03:42 PM

Another awesome cagcast guys! I like how Cheapy busted capcoms head on the Street Fighter "selling out" in Japan, it shows just how powerful his "space pimp status" is. Also I am excited to here about a new Cagforplay coming this week...yay!

Visit UltraMegaCyborg.com for the latest Gaming and Entertainment News/Reviews and of course: CONTESTS!

Who is Ultra Mega Cyborg:

#24 ssssss

ssssss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:29 PM

Flower seems like an awesome "game" and if I ever bought a PS3 I would hop on that.

#25 shadowrep

shadowrep

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:06 PM

dammit i could of picked up street fighter IV today but i was £10 off >.> LOOOL im going deffo back tommorow tho to get that damn game CANT WAIT!

#26 akravator

akravator

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:07 PM

Thanx Cheapy for your critique of the Street Fighter IV problems.

I've been playing the game and I have to wholeheartedly agree that the music to the game is pretty much shameful and the current state of the online battling is without a doubt a disaster.

I have absolutely no idea how none of the 'major review sites' that I've looked at are calling out the online as being an absolute dud.
No 'rematch', wtf?
No 'proper lobby', wtf?
The saving! What the heck is going on? Why it takes so long and why it isn't simply done 'in the background' I'll never know.
And my biggest gripe. . . NOT BEING ABLE TO PLAY VS. SOMEONE ON YOUR FRIEND'S LIST.

Thanx cheapy, wombat and shipwreck for another great CAGcast!

#27 ALLoGISTIC1

ALLoGISTIC1

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:12 PM

Hey, Cheapy, wombat, and special guest star ship. really enjoyed #150, I found your comments, opinions, and criticisms this show especially well considered and presented(thats not to say theyve never been before, though over the last dozen shows or so, you seemed a little burned out....perhaps even hateful, which always brings out some interesting forum threads, though makes for a depressing show)I especially appreciated cheapys insight on streetfighter IV's shortcomings, definately not a deal breaker, but it was certainly informative and worth noting these issues admid the overwhelmingly positive praise we've been hearing eveywhere else.
Thou shalt not partake of Decaf :pray:

#28 weevles

weevles

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:32 PM

Yay!

Bob!

Edited by gunm, 18 February 2009 - 07:14 PM.

#29 ALLoGISTIC1

ALLoGISTIC1

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:59 PM

I know this has been mentioned before, but I also wanted to add that having shipwreck as a third host really enhances the show and he should be a permanent addition. Thats not a sleight against the dynamic duo, please dont take it that way. I love cheapy and wombat, your chemistry has always been standout among the gaming podcasts, but having ship join is like adding the cheese to the cagcast cincinnati chili.
Thou shalt not partake of Decaf :pray:

#30 stonefry

stonefry

Not stoned or fried!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:02 PM

Cheapy, seriously man, stop burping during the CAGcast. At least try to subdue it a bit. I can practically smell your Egg McMuffin through my iPod.

Banjo rulez!