19 replies to this topic

#1 Slermy

Slermy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 02:58 PM

I did a search and did not see it posted yet:
http://www.amazon.co...heapassgam08-20

Possible price drop? Neither Best Buy nor GameStop are showing this new price.

#2 Nirron

Nirron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 03:12 PM

Urgh, now I'm so tempted. On one hand, the game looks interesting. On the other hand, it's Sonic, so there's a good chance this game is going to end up disappointing. Hopefully they keep this price until reviews start to come in and then I can make my choice.

#3 appleyum

appleyum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 03:26 PM

Shadow - Gun
Sonic - Sword

Hmm what's next. Tail - Ratchet & Clank, Knuckle - Casting magic? Rouge - MGS/Splinter Cell?

#4 funkflexmctough

funkflexmctough

Mmmm.....deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 03:44 PM

I feel bad for Sonic. I keep picturing the Sonic character from the Simpsons video game who is overworked, aged, and complains while running on a hampster wheel in a "virtual" prison!

With the numerous crappy Sonic games they've dumped on us lately it's no wonder I envision Sonic enslaved.

I should note that I love 'em anyway, especially now while I'm playing Sonic's Sega Collection!
Posted Image

i buy that used games .i don,t have any problem

#5 hmbtnguy

hmbtnguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 03:57 PM

Considering the price you can find other sonic games after a while, I wouldn't be suprised to see this drop to $20 after a month and a half.

#6 amheck

amheck

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:46 PM

Considering the price you can find other sonic games after a while, I wouldn't be suprised to see this drop to $20 after a month and a half.

I would love to find Sonic Unleashed for the Wii for $20

#7 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:56 PM

I would love to find Sonic Unleashed for the Wii for $20

Sonic & The Secret Rings is that price now. I believe that is the point they were making - wait long enough, and the price will drop to $20. Of course you do have to wait.
Posted Image

#8 amheck

amheck

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:59 PM

won't ANY game get to $20 if you wait long enough?

#9 Geekquisitions

Geekquisitions

Evil Incarnate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:17 PM

Rouge - MGS/Splinter Cell?

That actually sounds kind of interesting.

I tried the demo at ComicCon. It was pretty fun, not absolutely terrible, but not a Day 1 purchase...then again, I rarely buy anything Day 1 and almost always regret it when the price drops before I've had a chance to play it.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 fuzzyfuk

fuzzyfuk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:17 PM

I feel bad for Sonic. I keep picturing the Sonic character from the Simpsons video game who is overworked, aged, and complains while running on a hampster wheel in a "virtual" prison!

With the numerous crappy Sonic games they've dumped on us lately it's no wonder I envision Sonic enslaved.

I should note that I love 'em anyway, especially now while I'm playing Sonic's Sega Collection!

HAHA, That's the funniest thing, I've heard in a long time. Thanks for the deal info and for allowing me to picture Sonic like that.
Check out my video game blog @ http://blog.fuzzshack.com
Posted Image

#11 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:08 PM

Maybe this, and Boom Blox 2, are a sign of a general drop of MSRP to $39.9x for Wii games. I certainly hope so. $50 is too much for a video game.
Posted Image

#12 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2009 - 01:59 AM

$50 is too much for a CASUAL video game.

There I think I fixed your quote.

I would have no problems paying $50 for GTA, SFIV, Fallout 3, etc. I do have an issue paying that for casual games that are dumbed down for everyone.

I hope that Madworld will give me something non-mario to play on the Wii

#13 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2009 - 08:55 PM

Remember when you saw "Sonic Team" on a game and thought "hua! I bet this is cool!" That's been quite a few years ago...

cagSig.png515886.png

#14 SoulReaver

SoulReaver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2009 - 09:00 PM

I thought Sonic and The Secret Rings was decent.
Free 360 game by completing 2 offers. If you don't believe it just give it a shot. I spent $4 to get Dead Space. $13 to get Madden 10. PM me if you need help.

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=234233

#15 Ski Hawk

Ski Hawk

Digimon Fanboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2009 - 10:32 PM

Depending on the reviews, may pick it up in the 20-30$ range.

#16 Wolfgame

Wolfgame

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2009 - 11:22 PM

Im just not connecting with this one from reading the product description, seems way too early since Sonic Unleashed and im definently gonna wait for reviews to trickle in and possibly a rental before buying
Please visit my referral link, the quicker you sign up under me and complete an offer you will be on your way to getting a FREE Guitar Hero 2 Bundle or other 360 game of your choice, any help is greatly apprecitated

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=232546

#17 weeitzme

weeitzme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2009 - 11:58 PM

I thought Sonic and The Secret Rings was decent.

i thought it was pretty fun as well.
--->FREE GAMES HERE!<--- <-- please help
Posted Image
Add me please. I usually just play cod 5.
If you add please send me a message saying "CAG".

#18 Nirron

Nirron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2009 - 12:09 AM

Im just not connecting with this one from reading the product description, seems way too early since Sonic Unleashed and im definently gonna wait for reviews to trickle in and possibly a rental before buying

Then again, if it's coming off so soon after, it could mean that Sonic Team had less of a hand in it, which makes it MUCH more tempting.

#19 Monsta Mack

Monsta Mack

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2009 - 12:49 AM

won't ANY game get to $20 if you wait long enough?

Usually unless It's rare or insanely high in demand or made by Nintendo (who don't like to drop prices on their first party titles, not that I blame them) all Wii games should drop to $20 or lower if you wait long enough. Sonic and Secret Rings I've found $15 multiple times a year after it was released.

#20 nekobi

nekobi

Spicy Wolf!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2009 - 03:00 AM

Ordered one, I was gonna buy it anyway. The only bad thing is I won't get in on launch day but it's worth it for the $10 off I think.