Photo
- - - - -

Amazon preorders for DSi now available (both colors, $169.99 shipped) ** BACK UP **

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#1 gkrykewy

gkrykewy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:37 PM

If you're interested, I would encourage ordering ASAP. Can always cancel, and these will almost certainly be in short supply for awhile.

http://www.amazon.co...KX0DER&v=glance

Edited by gkrykewy, 19 February 2009 - 04:13 PM.

#2 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:40 PM

Don don don don don SuperMEH!

My Trade list:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=173460
Going dark on the internet for two weeks during move.

#3 Pck21

Pck21

Beware the Ides of March

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:46 PM

Thanks OP! I put in an order for one.
Currently Playing:

Onlive ID: Hand2Gland - Add Me!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Two wrongs don't make a right, I suppose, but three rights make a left and it makes me feel like the goddamn Batman.

#4 MrDiamondJ

MrDiamondJ

Empire State of Mind

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:47 PM

In for one Matte Black. I don't need it, but I run a Nintendo fansite so my excuse is that it's required for proper news coverage. ;-)
Posted Image

#5 VidPower

VidPower

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:52 PM

I'm one of the few people in this world that still doesn't have a DS of any kind. Still pondering whether I should get a DS Lite or DSi. I don't really need a GBA port, so I'm leaning more toward a DSi. Any other thoughts?
Don't drink and drive. You might spill the beer.

#6 Taboner

Taboner

Let's Go Rangers!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:53 PM

I sooooo want a DSi just work that WiFi shop. Even the PSP doesn't have it. Too bad Nintendo doesn't know how to put in expandable memory in the Wii:/

#7 MrDiamondJ

MrDiamondJ

Empire State of Mind

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:56 PM

If you don't care about a GBA slot, definitely get the DSi. It has more memory than the Lite, a better screen, a couple of cameras, the ability to download content from an online store, some cool image maniuplation software, etc.
Posted Image

#8 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:58 PM

Matte Blue and keeping my Lite too!

#9 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:05 PM

Whoa...where have I been lately? I had no idea that they were releasing Black and Blue colors in the US... I guess they really are done with the white ones. Really interesting. I wonder if Japan is getting the Blue too? I assume they will.

#10 wampa8jedi

wampa8jedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:09 PM

Thanks OP! Pre-ordered the black one :)
[chipinsig]e944447abb96f9f0[/chipinsig]

#11 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:12 PM

I sooooo want a DSi just work that WiFi shop. Even the PSP doesn't have it. Too bad Nintendo doesn't know how to put in expandable memory in the Wii:/

wait what?

the PSP has access to the PlayStation Store, I'm looking at it on my PSP right now

#12 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:15 PM

Whoa...where have I been lately? I had no idea that they were releasing Black and Blue colors in the US... I guess they really are done with the white ones. Really interesting. I wonder if Japan is getting the Blue too? I assume they will.

There was never any indication of a new blue color up until hours ago.

#13 Taboner

Taboner

Let's Go Rangers!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:26 PM

wait what?

the PSP has access to the PlayStation Store, I'm looking at it on my PSP right now

Yeah, but it is shit.

#14 Doomstink

Doomstink

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:31 PM

I just put in an order for a blue one. I still have a DS phat and don't need a DSi, I'm just ordering it in case the resell value goes through the roof. Seems to be what happens with all Nintendo products these days so I won't be surprised if it does.

#15 weevles

weevles

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:34 PM

I dunno. $40 premium for a camera and WiFi downloads...hm....

#16 Pck21

Pck21

Beware the Ides of March

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:39 PM

I just put in an order for a blue one. I still have a DS phat and don't need a DSi, I'm just ordering it in case the resell value goes through the roof. Seems to be what happens with all Nintendo products these days so I won't be surprised if it does.

Ha! That's what I'm doing too. If it doesn't hold a great resell value, I'll cancel my order so someone else who wants to play it can get it.
Currently Playing:

Onlive ID: Hand2Gland - Add Me!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Two wrongs don't make a right, I suppose, but three rights make a left and it makes me feel like the goddamn Batman.

#17 gobz

gobz

~* Bird Lives *~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:41 PM

In for a black. I need something else to collect dust

#18 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:43 PM

Wow... didn't realize they were coming out so soon.

That blue is interesting. I can't decide whether I like or not, but would likely end up going with it just because it's new.

#19 homerojay

homerojay

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:46 PM

I ordered a blue one; I'm might cancel, but I rather have the option to keep it if they become hard to get.
Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.

#20 scuba t

scuba t

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:48 PM

Are the Wifi settings still the same as the ds lite? Mine won't connect to my type of router.

#21 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:49 PM

Huh, people think this is going to be hard to get? I guess if it's a failure it will be. otherwise there will be plenty available.

#22 silent h3ro

silent h3ro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:51 PM

Thanks OP, but I'm still skeptical that the price premium is worth it.

#23 Trenchalicious

Trenchalicious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:58 PM

Not worth it for so little improvement.
1 CENT AUCTION STARTS: XBOX 360 & DS Game @ My ebay auctions!

#24 daminion

daminion

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:08 PM

Huh, people think this is going to be hard to get? I guess if it's a failure it will be. otherwise there will be plenty available.

Then you clearly haven't been paying attention to Nintendo's "Demand via Scarcity" marketing tactic for the past 2 years.

#25 Renaissance 2K

Renaissance 2K

*nom nom nom*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:19 PM

In for a black one. I'm not taking any chances. As the OP mentioned, you can always cancel it.
Posted Image

#26 carn311

carn311

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:22 PM

I don't get it.

In my mind the lite is the superior system because of the gba support. The dsi seems like less of an upgrade and more of nintendo trying to cash in on the ds1 just a bit more before the ds2 is announced. (can't blame them)

I'd be interested to hear why everyone is so excited.

#27 YONKE

YONKE

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:29 PM

already have a fat DS & Lite collecting dust.....

i bite but i will cancel depending how my wallet at the launch moment.......
Posted Image

#28 Serpent01

Serpent01

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:35 PM

Dont know what you guys are talking about.....

wifi store, downloadable games, SD card support and Camera sounds good to me for an extra $40. I recently sold my DS lite and iam getting this for sure.

#29 sickenmcsluggets

sickenmcsluggets

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:38 PM

Are the Wifi settings still the same as the ds lite? Mine won't connect to my type of router.

Yeah, if the DSi connects through WPA on my wireless router, that would be the biggest plus for me. I mean this thing is supposed to have worse battery life than the DS Lite, which makes sense since it has more junk in it, but , c'mon...the battery life is such a huge feature. I wish my DS Lite connected WPA. Doesn't make any sense.

#30 wampa8jedi

wampa8jedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:38 PM

Dont know what you guys are talking about.....

wifi store, downloadable games, SD card support and Camera sounds good to me for an extra $40. I recently sold my DS lite and iam getting this for sure.

Plus a slightly bigger screen and slightly less weight (I think)... I also have wanted to get my Dad a DS for quite some time, and so this is an easy way for me to get a new system and give him my old Lite.
[chipinsig]e944447abb96f9f0[/chipinsig]