Photo
- - - - -

Amazon: Preorder: Sacred 2: Fallen Angel now only 49.97 (17% off)

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 jcmproch

jcmproch

Trading Ban

• Trading Ban

Posted 19 February 2009 - 08:27 PM

http://www.amazon.co...d=34P7DU3FPBM21

Pre-order and save $10!

#2 ZForce

ZForce

Humbling Pumpkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2009 - 08:31 PM

Nice. I loved the first Sacred on PC, although my PC doesn't run the second one very well. I'm interested in the 360 version, but I'm going to wait for some reviews or a demo first
Posted Image
Dreams do come true....

Check out my stuff for sale!
Chase the Chuckwagon! - http://www.chasethec...ites/zforceffc/
CAG Tradelist - http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=189109

#3 jcmproch

jcmproch

Trading Ban

• Trading Ban

Posted 19 February 2009 - 08:34 PM

Nice. I loved the first Sacred on PC, although my PC doesn't run the second one very well. I'm interested in the 360 version, but I'm going to wait for some reviews or a demo first

Yeah I'll wait until 39.99 or less, mainly cause the state on things signals games will fall fast.. and the promotion of this title is nonexistent

#4 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:09 PM

I have this on PC--it's a great Diablo clone in a MASSIVE world; but it also requires a pretty hefty rig, which makes me nervous about a PS3 port b/c the PS3's architecture is so different from a PC.

Also, I wonder how they'll pull off the control scheme without butchering it.

#5 wampa8jedi

wampa8jedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:20 PM

As long as this does, in fact, have local co-op, I'm definitely going to want to pick this up.
[chipinsig]e944447abb96f9f0[/chipinsig]

#6 jcmproch

jcmproch

Trading Ban

• Trading Ban

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:31 PM

As long as this does, in fact, have local co-op, I'm definitely going to want to pick this up.

yes it does 2 local, 4 online

#7 xxtheycallmedxx

xxtheycallmedxx

Proud PS3/360/Wii Owner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:39 PM

How could anyone want to pre-order this when there hasn't been much (if any) kind of coverage on this game?? Personally,I'm interested in it from what I've read,but I've got a wait and see attitude for this one...
Posted Image

#8 jernau

jernau

Player of Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:41 PM

Darn, cheap pre-order just as they announce a collector's edition that I will invariably be suckered into buying.

#9 jcmproch

jcmproch

Trading Ban

• Trading Ban

Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:06 PM

How could anyone want to pre-order this when there hasn't been much (if any) kind of coverage on this game?? Personally,I'm interested in it from what I've read,but I've got a wait and see attitude for this one...

the publisher has been known for poor promotion plus there is a belief the are waiting till March to not hinder PC sales.. idk if I buy that but I believe the game should be a fun one

#10 CKaz

CKaz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2009 - 03:08 PM

part of it may be some of us are STARVED for such a game -
Baldurs Gate 1&2, Champions of Norrath 1&2, to a lesser extent D&D Heroes
All last generation, waiting for a real update to play with the wife for a LONG time

Plus there is a fair bit of information with previews and it IS out for the PC.
Amazon has a price guarantee there too, I might have to pull the trigger.
[Fable 2 just wasnt the multi-player experience I was hoping for, Marvel a bit meh]

#11 aznguyen316

aznguyen316

Rock Chalk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2009 - 03:11 PM

All last generation, waiting for a real update to play with the wife for a LONG time

[Fable 2 just wasnt the multi-player experience I was hoping for, Marvel a bit meh]

I have to agree with this. My GF and I loved the champions games and it's really the only games besides SNES/NES games she has played with me for this long and I'm hoping sacred 2 will do the job. Is there character customization? that's what my GF loves, to dress up her lady avatar =) I've only read a short preview and figured if it's like Champions I'm in.
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK | Steam: djfakey
i5-2500k@4.2Ghz; MSI 660Ti PE/OC Ed.

#12 groundskeeper

groundskeeper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2009 - 03:51 PM

Thanks!,

My Gift card takes another $25.00 off this. i was going to get a copy for the PC at CC for $25.00 but I would rather have it on the console.
CAG Not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

#13 dallow

dallow

Posted 20 February 2009 - 03:58 PM

Getting this for PS3.
Actually have been looking forward to this title.

I hear the game is HUGE.

#14 fuzzyfuk

fuzzyfuk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2009 - 06:19 PM

This thread has some strong words about this game, I guess I'll pick it up. Thanks for the info op.
Check out my video game blog @ http://blog.fuzzshack.com
Posted Image

#15 WilliamG

WilliamG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2009 - 06:49 PM

Yep couldn't resist pre-ordering. I pre-ordered both the 360 and PS3 versions. Figure when the reviews come out, I'll cancel one, but for now the price it sweet. I actually own it on the PC x2, but it really requires one hell of a computer to run it, and there's nothing like a big screen to play games on.

#16 StarDuster

StarDuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2009 - 07:04 PM

I'm in for a copy of the PS3 version. Hope they don't remove it or sell out before I get home this evening.

#17 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 20 February 2009 - 07:21 PM

Huh? I could have swore this had been out for awhile..

Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 groundskeeper

groundskeeper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2009 - 07:38 PM

Huh? I could have swore this had been out for awhile..

PC version has been out. Consoles get it later.
CAG Not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

#19 neckfurters

neckfurters

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2009 - 08:24 PM

I've never heard of this game until Garnett on 1up listen up or whatever it's called now mentioned it a couple of shows ago. I was immediately interested when he said it was a Diablo clone and a good one at that. He also said that the team working on it was very proud of how the PS3 version was turning out. I don't know know if it's the lead sku on PS3 like Burnout Paradise was, but that was good to hear. My wife and I love to play the Champions of Norrath type of games so with this game supporting offline co-op, it looks like a must buy.
Posted Image

#20 knightbeauchamp

knightbeauchamp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2009 - 10:08 PM

xplay to cover this tonight, yesterday at the end of the show it showed a few shots of it, but didnt say anything about it just "look whats coming up in tomorrows xplay"
In Heaven we trust. GSB

#21 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 24 February 2009 - 08:21 PM

I hear the game is HUGE.

Ridiculously huge--it makes Diablo II look like a freekin' demo.

Graphics are also amazing, at least on the PC version.

#22 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 05:01 AM

Might have to buy this game sometime afterall. :)
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#23 djduke316

djduke316

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:37 PM

http://www.amazon.co...d=34P7DU3FPBM21

Pre-order and save $10!

OP, you should add a link to the PS3 version too. Nice find btw.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#24 expane

expane

Tappin out posers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:41 PM

not going to pre order a game that had mixed reviews on the PC and has a quick console port... but thanks for the link, I wishlisted it for when it drops to a more reasonable $30 or less
Posted Image

#25 appleyum

appleyum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:13 PM

PC version is $20 at CC.

#26 Tomeeboy

Tomeeboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:23 PM

Definitely interested in this game, but I think I'll grab it from Gamefly instead. That way, I can probably keep a brand new copy for about $43 if the game is good, and even less if it doesn't hold its value right after launch.

I've really been itching for a good dungeon crawler and there really hasn't been anything comparable to Diablo, Champions, Dark Alliance, etc. on the 360.
Currently Playing: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 :360:, SWTOR :pc:, Random XBLA Games :360:

#27 Stryffe2004

Stryffe2004

Overlord of the Obvious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:36 PM

Check out Gametrailers for some good coverage of the console versions of this game. There are some gameplay trailers and a developer walkthrough. In for a 360 version.
Posted Image

#28 weevles

weevles

Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:49 PM

not going to pre order a game that had mixed reviews on the PC and has a quick console port... but thanks for the link, I wishlisted it for when it drops to a more reasonable $30 or less

FWIW 1up gave it a very good review, indicating the console port was done very well.

Sonnuva...amazon raised the price up to $56.99. Almost makes me regret not pre-ordering for $49.97, but I agree it's probably best I wait until $30 or less.

#29 steveinneed

steveinneed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:54 PM

It does. However, I have heard many complaints about not being able to trade items with your split screen partner.

#30 expane

expane

Tappin out posers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:08 PM

Absolutely.

Having played BGDA 3times, BGDA 2 times, Champions of Norrath and Champions Return to arms 2X .... it's tough waiting for content.

Justice League Heroes - 4x complete
Xmen legends 1 and 2 (get bored of these)
Ditto for Marvel UA.. I just can't seem to finish it, for some reason I find these Raven made games slightly boring

1up.com gave Sacred 2 A- and claims the CONSOLE VERSIONS ARE BETTER

go figure
Posted Image