#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:21 AM

Link to Braid game on Xbox.com
Posted Image

http://majornelson.c...f-the-week.aspx

After the successful run the deal of the week had last December, we’re bringing it back on a regular basis. Starting Monday, February 23rd Xbox LIVE Gold members will receive a discount on a different piece of content each week (Arcade games, Game Add-Ons, Xbox Originals.)

With this announcement of the program, I am also able to give you a tip on what the first deal of the week will be.
Braid the award winning Xbox LIVE Arcade title normally 1200 points will be available for Gold Members in all Xbox LIVE regions starting Monday for only 800 points, a 33% savings.

Braid will be available
for the special price after Monday February 23rd at 13:00 GMT/0800ET/0500 PT *

Edited by shrike4242, 24 February 2009 - 06:17 PM.
Clarified OP title that this is for XBL Gold members only. Some people can't read the OP to get this info.

#2 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:24 AM

looks like i'll be getting this now. i liked the demo and it's received heaps of praise, but $15 (1200 points) was WAY too much for me. Thanks CheapyD!

#3 the4thnobleman

the4thnobleman

Helpdesk Wookiee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:27 AM

Hope this trend continues. After the support from December, and all the praise Steam has been getting over its DLC and online "Sales" its no wonder more people haven't considered following suit.

#4 Organ Donor

Organ Donor

Watch his Bull Charge!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:31 AM

I just recently played the demo and really liked it. $10 is a good price. Thanks for the heads up, CheapyD!

#5 Haggar

Haggar

Mayor of Metro City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:39 AM

The game is not worth 400 Microsoft Points in my opinion. It's crappy and Jonathan Blow is a pretentious douchebag that cries like a little bitch. The only reason I have it is because Spike TV gave me a download code for free and I still hate it.

Flame away, but I cannot stand Braid or it's holier than thou creator Jonathan Blow. He just annoys the crap out of me.

#6 Wingwright

Wingwright

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:39 AM

The game is not worth 400 Microsoft Points in my opinion. It's crappy and Jonathan Blow is a pretentious douchebag that cries like a little bitch. The only reason I have it is because Spike TV gave me a download code for free and I still hate it.

Flame away, but I cannot stand Braid or it's holier than thou creator Jonathan Blow. He just annoys the crap out of me.

Braid isn't for everyone, but if you are interested in it at all, you would be foolish to pass this deal up!
$10 is a great price.

#7 aniousjoe

aniousjoe

Mr. Ka-ra-teh

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:41 AM

Should get this somehow... Even if I don't have gold.
Posted Image

#8 ninja dog

ninja dog

Shoto Guilt

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:41 AM

Sounds like you hate the guy who made it more than you hate the game. good job.

#9 zephyr27

zephyr27

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:43 AM

I'm taking it some suits at MS saw the article about Steam upping their sales of L4D 3000% or whatever when it was on sale.

#10 Haggar

Haggar

Mayor of Metro City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:46 AM

Sounds like you hate the guy who made it more than you hate the game. good job.

Not really. I kinda hate them equally.

But I respect other people's opinions. I personally hated the game and hate the douchey creator.

#11 lllGurulll

lllGurulll

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:49 AM

Should get this somehow... Even if I don't have gold.

That is the business model that is ticking me off with Microsoft. Quit limiting sales to the Gold members only. When people are required to pay for a service just to get the sale price it isn't really a sale.

#12 tex1ntux

tex1ntux

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:53 AM

I would definitely pick this up if I hadn't already.

Instead, I'll just be the copypasta whore who reposts this on SD. x(

#13 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:54 AM

Looks like the waiting game paid off after all.
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#14 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:54 AM

Yes, yes, finally I'm down with this and my gold membership ends next month, phew haha!

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.

Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D  Watch Dogs, Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#15 aniousjoe

aniousjoe

Mr. Ka-ra-teh

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2009 - 07:00 AM

That is the business model that is ticking me off with Microsoft. Quit limiting sales to the Gold members only. When people are required to pay for a service just to get the sale price it isn't really a sale.

Demos were fine. Free DLC is acceptable, if annoying. This, however, sucks, but what can you do.
Posted Image

#16 lllGurulll

lllGurulll

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2009 - 07:02 AM

Demos were fine. Free DLC is acceptable, if annoying. This, however, sucks, but what can you do.

Not that M$ cares about my business but I don't buy anything from them through the Live service at all since they started doing this last year.

#17 Gertle627

Gertle627

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2009 - 07:08 AM

Good price. I wish I had waited. I bought it a month or so ago, played it once, liked it, but didn't get around to it again yet.

#18 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2009 - 07:14 AM

I guess for 800 I'll go ahead and grab it. Thanks!
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#19 menikmati

menikmati

Isolation, self-damnation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2009 - 07:18 AM

Tried the demo and it wasn't my cup of tea, but a good deal nonetheless.

#20 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 23 February 2009 - 07:27 AM

The waiting game sucks, let's play:

#21 shenryo

shenryo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2009 - 08:05 AM

For everybody who can buy it: BUY IT and show MS that 800 point XBLA games are what they should always charge

#22 Chemosh013

Chemosh013

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2009 - 08:38 AM

Ya, it's a pain but gold isn't that expensive. With the recent sales on gold memberships it ends up being about 2.50 a month.

Also, you could just create a fake account (which gives you a free month of gold anyways) and then buy an 800 point card from BB, CC to get it. Since it will be associated with both the gamertag that downloaded it and the console you will be able to play it with your silver account. A pain in the butt i know but it's a work around.

#23 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2009 - 09:04 AM

In for 1. I have 800 points left over and had no idea what to get, was thinking of Schizoid or something, but this is a MUCH better choice.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#24 jdeluis

jdeluis

Now In Stereo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:32 AM

Jonathan Blow is a pretentious douchebag that cries like a little bitch.

This is the only part I agree from your post.

The game on the other hand I thought it was great. The music is the best part about the game. Such beautiful music in this game. Well worth the $10. :applause:

#25 williamspam91

williamspam91

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:42 AM

bah-dum-tishhhhhhhh

#26 liquidgraffiti

liquidgraffiti

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2009 - 11:04 AM

Cool, in for 1. Wanted to get it, but for $15 I passed it up. Now's the time for me to get it at $10, even though I have a crap load of games to play, a sale is a sale :)
[URL="http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3845112#post3845112"][/URL]

#27 RaidenMGS3

RaidenMGS3

Past the mission

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2009 - 12:22 PM

Just downloaded it!

I'm SO glad they brought back the deal of the week, here's hoping for some cheap expansion packs coming up!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#28 newlu

newlu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2009 - 12:27 PM

Also in for one!
Thanks Cheapy for the heads up!

#29 wampa8jedi

wampa8jedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2009 - 12:36 PM

Not to change the topic, but I also noticed Puzzle Quest is also down to 800 points.
When did that one drop? I must really be "out of the loop" or something.

I seem to recall it dropping about a year ago, but it might be more or less.

#30 gryphter

gryphter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2009 - 12:49 PM

on the fence with this one. my backlog is so big I really shouldn't be buying this, sale or not. I know the game gets a lot of praise, though...