CAGcast #151: Xbox Vista

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 25 February 2009 - 05:51 AM

Do you think games are too expensive? Do you long for the days of the old Xbox 360 Dashboard? If so, this podcast is for you! Join us for discussion on these topics, as well as the latest shopping and industry news, new releases, your CAGbag questions and so much more!

Get a free trial of Netflix and support the CAGcast:
www.netflix.com/cagcast

Download - 107 minutes, 43MB
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Bonus Photos & Video:
Posted Image

Edited by CheapyD, 25 February 2009 - 06:37 AM.

#2 fredy182

fredy182

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:02 AM

downloading

#3 E*Master

E*Master

Cross Border Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:26 AM

It's so nice to watch the cagcast download

#4 mundione

mundione

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:38 AM

Sounds like a good show

64996.png

#5 Z_meista

Z_meista

The Paragon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:41 AM

aaah... another one!

#6 Nibi

Nibi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:46 AM

Cant wait for my commute!
Current Hypewagon pick-
Spoiler

#7 Smallville123

Smallville123

CAGetmedown!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:48 AM

downloading now!
Insert clever line here......

#8 Majora2010

Majora2010

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:56 AM

Grats on the new mic JUANBOT. It seems like the audio is just a smudge cleaner.

#9 rodeojones903

rodeojones903

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:58 AM

The new xbox dashboard has me playing alot more PS3 games. :D

#10 ch3zyp00fs

ch3zyp00fs

CAGcast Groupie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:00 AM

Thanks for the new release guys.
Use the Swagbucks Google Search Engine and Win Prizes with me! Click the banner and lets get points and FREE SWAG!

Posted Image

#11 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:06 AM

alright... CAGcast on Deck!
Posted Image

#12 Loonknight

Loonknight

Dirk The Daring

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:11 AM

Wall-e is a very good movie, they did a good job presenting the utopian and dystopian themes. Make sure you also watch the short film as well on the DVD/Blu-ray "Presto" has to be my favorite short by Pixar so far.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Raise your bananas ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

#13 aihuman

aihuman

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:56 AM

I vote Warhawk.Everyone should be playing this game.
Posted Image

#14 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:16 AM

Over the past couple of weeks, the dashboard both in-game and out on my 360 has become less responsive, and pretty much everything Wombat said about it is a feeling I share. I'd also like to add that due to the pricing structure Microsoft has on their hard drives, with the install feature, I feel that they've turned the 360 into the HD version of the Wii with their storage space for the majority of 360 ownerss. You don't need to install games (like you don't need to buy Virtual Console games), but you want to anyway.

I feel the show was really good this week mainly because of Wombat seemingly taking the lead on the show with information and insight.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#15 wastedyears

wastedyears

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:26 AM

Me too.

Also, I have to install my 360 games otherwise I get a DRE almost every time I try to play a game. And with only a 20gb drive, I had to delete almost all my xbla games just so I can have more than 1 game intstalled at a time.

#16 konatachan

konatachan

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:43 AM

Great show guys.
Posted Image

#17 DarkNessBear

DarkNessBear

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:44 AM

Same, I love how accessible the PS3 interface is. (Also I upgraded it to 250gb, so I never worry about my space being filled - compared to my 360 with only 20gb is a nightmare). I've been buying all Multiplatform titles on my PS3 due to the ease/quickness of the XMB.

For some reason my 360 Friend list takes literally 1-2 minutes to load. It's insane.

Look forward to listening to this episode! I enjoy just Wombat and Cheapy.
360/PS3/PC/Wii Owner Currently playing: U3, Skyrim, AC:R

#18 gamemind303

gamemind303

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:32 AM

Hey Cheapy, I know your fan of Mashups. My favorite mashup site is The Hood Internet and you can find all the songs at http://www.hoodinternet.com for download and http://www.imeem.com...music_playlist/ for your streaming pleasure. Brush off those haters Wombat.
Posted Image

#19 DietCokeJunkey

DietCokeJunkey

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:11 AM

I have to disagree with the Xbox Vista comment. Mostly because I find the "new" Xbox Experience to be easier to access things than it was on the old version. Though I probably don't have the lag people have on their friends list, because I only have about 6 friends. And I know to look at messages when I'm not in the middle of a game, or about to begin one.

DarkZion9.png

so I decided to see what I could do with it and I got to the end but there's no way I can finish him off. 

#20 Mud_BooDa

Mud_BooDa

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 12:19 PM

WEWT! Thx guys! Work may not be as bad today!

#21 erikj1508

erikj1508

Posted 25 February 2009 - 12:38 PM

it's sad how people judge your cagcast just by the title, you probably lost one listener but who cares? when i saw the title of last weeks cagcast i knew that it was a joke instantly. first of all because i do understand sarcasm, secondly because i know that you make jokes all the time.( and that is by the way one of the main reasons why i listen to the cagcast).

Edited by erikj1508, 25 February 2009 - 01:23 PM.

#22 Kewin

Kewin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 01:24 PM

Cheapy no twitter/videogamedealscanada? great show and I love how you saved your burp at the end. It would not be an official cagcast without a cheapyd burp.

#23 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 25 February 2009 - 02:02 PM

Cheapy no twitter/videogamedealscanada? \

http://twitter.com/canadagamedeals

I haven't done anything with it yet.

#24 xDARKx Knight

xDARKx Knight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 02:12 PM

Thanks for the show guys! Will give it a listen tonigh :)

I listened to Episode 150 like three times. Dont know why, i never usually do.

You enjoy Dominoes Cheapy? lol...

Posted ImagePosted Image

..I counted my blessings, now I'll count this curse..
:360::ps3::ds:

#25 NutManIV

NutManIV

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 02:47 PM

You guys are crazy! :P

I love the new dash. Everything is so much faster now. My list of games/achievements now loads instantly when it used to take 10-15 seconds. My friends list also loads pretty fast, but I don't have 100 friends on there. I have 52. The list loads pretty much instantly while the avatars take a little less than 10 sec to load.

Ugh I don't know how someone could miss the old dash. It was so bad...

#26 Walt Jay

Walt Jay

Gamerscore Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 03:33 PM

Nice show guys. I think the community gaming night is a good idea; if it wasn't, there wouldn't be so many of them around! ;)

Also, the intro song was horrible. Bring back the user-made CAG theme songs! "Everyday I'm Cheap As Shit" is a classic!

Also x 2:

Cheapy, 50 Cent's game was actually $50 on Amazon, so maybe publishers are more open to pricing experiments.

Edited by Walt Jay, 25 February 2009 - 04:23 PM.

Posted Image

#27 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 03:56 PM

LULZ, at all the Wii hate. Cheapy D- "'a breezy weekend diversion with some fun game-play and sub-par graphics . . . ' Sounds like what they should put on the Wii console's box!"

My Trade list:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=173460
Going dark on the internet for two weeks during move.

#28 kaw

kaw

Want some rye?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 03:57 PM

I have to say I still really like the "Xbox Vista". For me, it is a lot faster than the blades. I hit the guide button and can instantly navigate through it with absolutely no lag. I only have around 20 friends so maybe that has something to do with it. For the record, I have a very old 360, I think the manufacture date is 2/2006.

EDIT: Sorry, but I like not having the "CAGs on News" theme song. The high pitch voice is ear piercing.

Edited by kaw, 25 February 2009 - 04:39 PM.

#29 Teqonix

Teqonix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 04:08 PM

I have to agree completely with Wombat's frustration over the comments he received at GoNintendo - hardcore Nintendo fans are probably the most feral, stubborn, and ridiculous people around the gaming community. Sony fans sometimes come close, but Nintendo fans are by far the worst.

So no worries, Wombat - reasonable people who actually listened to what you had to say agreed with you. ;)

#30 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 04:36 PM

I haven't listened to the show yet but I did have a comment.

In the past we the listeners have given you flak for the way you run the front page. You and Wombat may joke about our comments but the quality/usefulness of the front page has varied since the CAGcast started winning awards. You told us you would work on that and maybe some of us felt that was an empty promise designed to placate us. I just wanted to let you know that I for one have noticed a difference lately and I appreciate it. I see the deals you've been posting and while I might not partake in all of them. I apprecaite seeing them. Thank you.--
Wolfkin

P.S. Heck yeah Q-Unit. after that Kanye mix I was gonna show you the Q-Unit but apparantly you already know what's up.

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler