Championship Manager 2007 for $0.01 for PC

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2009 - 11:35 PM

If there's any soccer fans out there that are true CAG's at heart, Gamestop has downloadable Championship Manager 2007 for $0.01, and it only is 111MB. Here's the review

http://www.gamespot....ary;read-review

May only be a UK released game although if that makes any difference.

#2 mahyar1

mahyar1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2009 - 11:50 PM

Sorry, but where do I click on to DL the game?

#3 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2009 - 11:52 PM

http://www.gamestop....roduct_id=67912

Try the link above. I've never d/l from GS before, but it has the "buy now" link on this page. I have d/l guides before so it works ok.

#4 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2009 - 04:29 AM

Nice find, OP, but that's really pathetic of Gamestop. Every other major player in the downloadable game arena is either going with free or 99Cent specials (namely BigFishGames, Amazon, & Steam). One penny doesn't seem worth the transaction hassle on their part.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#5 fitbabits

fitbabits

The Cat Whisperer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:36 AM

Worth noting is this is vastly inferior to Football Manager. It's not the Champ Man you may remember...

#6 SirChadlyOC

SirChadlyOC

Leveling up builds character

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2009 - 04:16 PM

Nice find, OP, but that's really pathetic of Gamestop. Every other major player in the downloadable game arena is either going with free or 99Cent specials (namely BigFishGames, Amazon, & Steam). One penny doesn't seem worth the transaction hassle on their part.

I'm 99% sure that they didn't intentionally mean to charge $0.01 for this download. Instead, they probably pennied out the PC game for their stores and didn't realize that you could still download the game online. Once the price changed in stores, the price for the download happened to change at the same time.

If you're interested in this, you better move fast. Once they realize that they're wasting bandwidth on this, they'll take it down.