Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (3/15-3/21)

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 01 March 2009 - 02:17 PM

http://www.cheapassg...&pictureid=5667" border="1" alt="" style="border-color: #73a732" />
This week's best deal is at Kmart (B&M only), who has the PS3 & 360 versions of Call of Duty: World at War for $30.

Also of interest is Toys R Us buy 1, get 1 $20 off all $39.99+ Wii, 360, and PS3 games sale. Don't forget that today is the last day for GameStop's buy 2 get 1 free used games/accessories sale.

Read on for the rest of this week's Sunday ad deals.

I've stripped out all the MSRP items and have listed the most noteworthy items in bold.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks Masker13 - See Masker13's ad post here

:ps3: Buy any PS3 console, get LittleBigPlanet, MLB 09, or Killzone 2 Free

:wii: Cooking Mama World Kitchen $29.99

:pc: Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II $39.99
:pc: Empire: Total War $39.99

:psp: Namco Battle Collection $9.99

GameStop (Ad)
Offers good 3/13- 3/19
Posted Image Trade in 2 select games, get Resident Evil 5 for $19.99
Posted Image Rock Band Special Edition Bundle (PS3/360) $99.99

Posted Image Buy 2, Get 1 Free Used Games/Accessories Ends 3/19

Posted Image Used Deals of the Week
:360: Condemned Criminal Origins $9.99
:ps2: Resident Evil Code: Veronica X $4.99
:ps2: Resident Evil Outbreak $4.99

:ds: $10 off select Spongbob DS games
:ds: Drawn to Life: Spongebob Squarepants Edition $19.99
:ds SpongeBob SquarePants featuring NickToons: Globs of Doom $19.99
:ds SpongeBob vs. The Big One: Beach Party Cook Off $19.99

:ds: $5 off select THQ DS games
:ds: WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2009
:ds: Drawn to Life $14.99
:ds: Paws and Claws Pampered Pets $14.99

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, atchisonk

Posted Image Call of Duty: World at War (PS3/360) $29.99

Target (Ad)
Thanks, stevemoco - See stevemoco's ad post here

:ps3: Buy a PS3 160 GB console, get a $50 PSN card free

Posted Image Shaun White Snowboarding (PSP/PS2) $18
PSP $170

Toys R Us (Ad)
Thanks, life.exe - See life.exe's ad post here

Posted Image Buy 1, Get 1 $20 off ALL Wii, Xbox 360, or PS3 games priced 39.99 or more

:wii: Save $20 when you buy Wii Fit and Wii We Ski together

:ds: Free Giratina Figure when you reserve a copy of Pokemon Platinum for $5

Edited by CheapyD, 18 March 2009 - 01:43 AM.

#2 life.exe

life.exe

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2009 - 05:08 PM

(:360:/:ps3:/:wii:) Buy 1, Get 1 $20 off ALL Wii, Xbox 360, or PS3 games priced 39.99 or more

(:wii:) Save $20 when you buy Wii Fit and Wii We Ski together

(:ds:) Free Giratina Figure when you reserve a copy of Pokemon Platinum for $5

The free Pokemon(Regigigas) started today(3/8) and lasts until March 21st.

#3 King Of Prussia

King Of Prussia

Posted 08 March 2009 - 05:16 PM

Nice so if I get Resident Evil 5, and get a $20 buck gift certificate, I could get two sixty buck games for 80 dollars!

#4 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2009 - 05:20 PM

Nice so if I get Resident Evil 5, and get a $20 buck gift certificate, I could get two sixty buck games for 80 dollars!

Nevermind, I think I read your post wrong.

#5 King Of Prussia

King Of Prussia

Posted 08 March 2009 - 05:22 PM

Yeah I forgot to mention the other forty buck game :)

#6 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2009 - 05:26 PM

The sale starts AFTER RE5 comes out with the gift card. So...you would by RE5 on Friday (13th) for $60 and get the gift card. Then go back 2 days later and get two games for $80-$20 gift card=$60.

Unless I am misunderstanding the OP since the sale seems worded oddly to me. Which I am...should should try and edit the OP. It should say buy 1 at original price get one at $20 off. I read it as....both would be $40.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#7 life.exe

life.exe

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2009 - 05:39 PM

The sale starts AFTER RE5 comes out with the gift card. So...you would by RE5 on Friday (13th) for $60 and get the gift card. Then go back 2 days later and get two games for $80-$20 gift card=$60.

Unless I am misunderstanding the OP since the sale seems worded oddly to me. Which I am...should should try and edit the OP. It should say buy 1 at original price get one at $20 off. I read it as....both would be $40.

I just post exactly what the ad says. Basically buy two games that are $40 or more and get $20 off the total, and if you do the RE5 deal you would get $40 off.

#8 randomevent

randomevent

Mr. Pigface

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2009 - 05:53 PM

This deal is good if you're looking to buy RE5 plus two other games. Right now, I only want to buy Star Ocean: The Last Hope, so I don't know if I can justify paying $40 - $60 for another game just to save $20.

But TRU has been doing great deals lately. Thanks for the heads up.

#9 ferant316

ferant316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2009 - 06:05 PM

Anyone know if Toys R Us carries Tales of Vesperia? Would be worth it to do the RE5 deal + the $20 off to get Tales and Star Ocean for $40 each.

#10 knightbeauchamp

knightbeauchamp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2009 - 06:15 PM

Anyone know if Toys R Us carries Tales of Vesperia? Would be worth it to do the RE5 deal + the $20 off to get Tales and Star Ocean for $40 each.

they do, but id recommend star ocean over tales of vesparia... you can pick up tales for about 30.00 all day long on ebay.
In Heaven we trust. GSB

#11 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2009 - 06:21 PM

Be nice if there's an online glitch that lets it be B1G1.

default.png2.png

#12 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2009 - 07:38 PM

Thanks for the ads. :)
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#13 heyheyhey11

heyheyhey11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2009 - 07:39 PM

Man, the money I'm saving being a CAG is huge.

Here's my plan

Buy re5 and get 20gc on fri.
Buy sf4 and valkyria chronicles. Get 20 dollar off plus 20 more using the GC.

And return the sealed copy of sf4 at target where I saved the receipt. When I bought it last
Month.

60 + 60 + 60 - 20 - 20 - 60 = 80 dollar for full priced games.

#14 judgedee

judgedee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2009 - 07:44 PM

Here's my plan

And return the sealed copy of sf4 at target where I saved the receipt. When I bought it last
Month.

I think you're miscalculating. You're not taking into account that you already bought SF4 so techinically you bought SF4 twice.

#15 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2009 - 08:37 PM

I think you're miscalculating. You're not taking into account that you already bought SF4 so techinically you bought SF4 twice.

He's also returning his copy, thus they negate each other basically.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#16 judgedee

judgedee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2009 - 08:44 PM

He's also returning his copy, thus they negate each other basically.

yea but he has -60 in his calculation. Thats why it looks like hes paying 80 for 3 new games.

#17 iboostjays

iboostjays

Posted 08 March 2009 - 09:49 PM

and of course if you buy a game and get a $20 GC, if you return that game you have to return that GC. RIGHT?

#18 anch

anch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2009 - 09:58 PM

and of course if you buy a game and get a $20 GC, if you return that game you have to return that GC. RIGHT?

try a gift receipt
Posted Image

#19 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:06 PM

Here's my plan

Month.

nice fraud ... stores really need to start putting some type of their own lables on the games to keep people from doing this..

maybe use something that could only been seen under a certain type of light the store has... THe sticker glows a certain color they know its theres. If not they should have the right to call the cops (or at least ban your ass from the store)

cause your trying to rip offf the store

about the Return and keep the Gift card.. Dont even get me started on that cause the idoits who work at TRU will never understand how a gift card works and will be ripped off so many times its not funnuy

I went few months back when soul bubbles and other games came with a 10 buck gift card.... well one of the other games was a dinousar game i think battle of the giants

well i did not need the game and i take it back..... The person working the return counter credits my credit card back 30 bucks and im trying to tell them i shold only get credit back 20 since they would not take the gift card back. worker stands there for 10 mins like they dont even understand english... and i finally ask to speak to a manager and they act the same why after i tell them everything. About another 10 mins goes by and the manager looks at me and says

Just keep the extra 10....... just sad how they cant figure it out.. same thing happens when you get a 20% off total order coupons ... They refund the entire 100% instead of the 20% off bill
WOOOO I STINK

#20 outphase

outphase

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:19 PM

nice fraud ... stores really need to start putting some type of their own lables on the games to keep people from doing this..

maybe use something that could only been seen under a certain type of light the store has... THe sticker glows a certain color they know its theres. If not they should have the right to call the cops (or at least ban your ass from the store)

cause your trying to rip offf the store

How is this fraud? The poster is not misrepresenting the copy of SF4 to any store.

From what I understand, they buy RE5 + 20GC. They use the GC to get SF4 and VC for an additional $80+GC. They take the new, unused copy of SF4 where they are in their right to return to Target as they have a valid receipt. No store is being taken advantage of here.

#21 Disneyboy

Disneyboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:26 PM

\

I'm really confused about the morals here. I can see it being fraud if he returns the TRU copy to a store he didnt buy it from to get credit from that store, but that's not what he's doing. He bought SF4 at Target for $60, he found out he could get it cheaper somewhere else after he had already opened the Target copy. So he is returning the TRU copy of SF4 to Target with his Target receipt. Target is not losing out in any way, its no different than if he had returned his Target copy for a full refund, and neither is Toys R Us. I've seen plenty of people suggest doing things like this many times without anyone mentioning fraud, so what's the deal with the fraud talk now?

#22 williamspam91

williamspam91

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:08 PM

Will this work?

Buy RE5 and keep it and the GC.

Buy Madworld(or other game that costs above 40 dollars) on Sunday, use 20 dollars off on dead space.

so dead space price is currently at: 30 dollars(didn't EA slash 10 dollars off the pice?)

Use RE5 GC on Dead space

Dead Space current price: 10 dollars!

return Madworld(or other game that costs above 40 dollars)

get RE5 and dead space for 70 dollars(+ tax)!

#23 Xeph820

Xeph820

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:11 PM

Will this work?

Buy Madworld(or other game that costs above 40 dollars) on Sunday, use 20 dollars off on dead space.

so dead space price is currently at: 30 dollars(didn't EA slash 10 dollars off the pice?)

Use RE5 GC on Dead space

that'll be sweet if it would work.
hope someone can confirm this =)

btw, is this deal in Canada too?

#24 Xfactor19990

Xfactor19990

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:28 PM

wont both those show on receipt thus its void, or they will take total value and divide by 2?

#25 ferant316

ferant316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:32 PM

Will this work?

Use RE5 GC on Dead space

Both games have to be $39.99 of more, also it takes $10 off the price of each I'm looking at a receipt from Christmas presents when they had the same sale. Littlebigplanet and Prince Of Persia, each rang up at $49.99 after the Buy 2 over $39.99 get $20 off promo. Sorry for bursting your bubble, but better to know now than wait and find out then.

#26 judgedee

judgedee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:33 PM

that'll be sweet if it would work.
hope someone can confirm this =)

btw, is this deal in Canada too?

tru usually does it so its lesser or equal value.

so if u buy madworld for 40$ and deadspace for 60$ they'll take 20$ off madworld.

#27 J7.

J7.

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:40 PM

I'm really confused about the morals here. I can see it being fraud if he returns the TRU copy to a store he didnt buy it from to get credit from that store, but that's not what he's doing. He bought SF4 at Target for $60, he found out he could get it cheaper somewhere else after he had already opened the Target copy. So he is returning the TRU copy of SF4 to Target with his Target receipt. Target is not losing out in any way, its no different than if he had returned his Target copy for a full refund, and neither is Toys R Us. I've seen plenty of people suggest doing things like this many times without anyone mentioning fraud, so what's the deal with the fraud talk now?

Well Target is losing a sale of SF IV at $60 that was made in the past before a better deal showed up... They may then not be able to get rid of their entire stock at that price. It's not fraud. However, Target is losing out.

Since when is Dead Space $30? EA slashed the price from $60 to $50.

#28 YANNIC

YANNIC

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:49 PM

try a gift receipt

If trying to return a game to TRU with a gift receipt to try and keep the GC, chances are it's a no go. This also affects store credit exchanges.

TRU has changed how they ring up promotional deals and this is reflected when you use gift receipts. When it comes to GC, TRU now discounts the game upfront and charges you the amount for the GC. So if you got in on the Killzone2 deal last week, look at your receipt. While you still paid 59.99+tax and got the $10 GC, the receipt shows the game at 49.99 and $10 for a $10 GC. When you take the game back, TRU automatically defaults the game value to 49.99 unless you have the GC that came with it.

Even if you give the game away as a gift, they will only honor 49.99 as the exchange value. I've seen customer service do this now as normal policy.

#29 Xeph820

Xeph820

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:53 PM

so if you bought 2 games that is $50 each.
Which is $100 total, they take $20 off 1 game. so that is. $50 + $30.
When you return the $50 game, how much would you get back?
$50 dollars or would they only give you $30 because of the minus -$20
Im so confused lol.

*edit* i kinda get it now after the guy above me posted.
So basically, if you returned any of the 2 games at the same price you bought it yet. minus the $20. You get the lowest value back then eh? lol unless i'm wrong again

Edited by Xeph820, 09 March 2009 - 12:04 AM.

#30 williamspam91

williamspam91

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:59 PM

Both games have to be $39.99 of more, also it takes $10 off the price of each I'm looking at a receipt from Christmas presents when they had the same sale. Littlebigplanet and Prince Of Persia, each rang up at $49.99 after the Buy 2 over $39.99 get $20 off promo. Sorry for bursting your bubble, but better to know now than wait and find out then.

damn, that does make sense. :(

thanks for warning me ahead of time....

Oh well. At least I'll get the $20 g.c. to use on something.... maybe the next COD?