The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GOTY Edition £17.99, Xbox 360

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Fahd

Fahd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2009 - 12:00 AM

http://www.cheapassg...ve_410_mini.jpg" border="1" alt="" style="border-color: #73a732" />
Brilliant deal considering this Game Of The Year Edition comes with both expansions (Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles). Get over a hundred hours of playtime for only £17.99. One of the best games the system has to offer.

:360: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion £17.99

Posted Image Click here for CAG UK Twitter Updates

Edited by John, 03 March 2009 - 10:15 AM.

#2 Exu

Exu

CAGow Broker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2009 - 01:23 AM

Great stuff, and another way to tell publishers to shove their downloadable content. Or rather, the prices of it.
Posted Image

#3 Nenheb

Nenheb

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:00 AM

Question about this, is the dlc on the disk or is it like CoD where you have to download it from the market place with a provided code? (i dont think i have the hd space basically :( )

#4 Smurflor

Smurflor

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:59 AM

The DLC comes on a second disc, which you only need to insert once and it installs the expansions to your hard drive. Needs about 1.1GB of space

#5 Royvedas

Royvedas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:03 AM

So in theory you can give the expansion to all your friends?

By the way - how come game calls it "A Game Exclusive"??

#6 Fahd

Fahd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2009 - 03:30 PM

So in theory you can give the expansion to all your friends?

By the way - how come game calls it "A Game Exclusive"??

I believe you can give the expansion to your friends, as I know you can just rent the goty edition and just install it (or so I read here on CAG).

It's a GAME exclusive as you can't get it from other retailers.

Edit: Just ordered it even though it's gone up to £19.99, wish I'd ordered it last night. Ah well! Still a pretty good deal imo, probably the game I've most enjoyed on 360 and I still haven't bought it (borrowed from a friend.. for months). Still haven't played shivering isles, looking forward to it.

Edited by Fahd, 03 March 2009 - 05:05 PM.

#7 babaz75

babaz75

en plein air

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2009 - 06:21 PM

i saw this one 1 week ago on game, i snatched it up immediately with other offers (turok, bourne -yes i know it's shit - and The Orange Box). It was about damn time and yes, take that DLC bloated content!
this said and all of a sudden, i rememeber me has already spent some 120 hours on Oblivion, without expansions... killing stuff

#8 Fahd

Fahd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:00 PM

i saw this one 1 week ago on game, i snatched it up immediately with other offers (turok, bourne -yes i know it's shit - and The Orange Box). It was about damn time and yes, take that DLC bloated content!
this said and all of a sudden, i rememeber me has already spent some 120 hours on Oblivion, without expansions... killing stuff

I've spent around 80 - 90 hours total, but I accidently auto saved over my main character so I've had to start up again :(

#9 babaz75

babaz75

en plein air

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:19 PM

I've spent around 80 - 90 hours total, but I accidently auto saved over my main character so I've had to start up again :(

W T F ??!

i'd be considering taking away my very life if such havoc striked...

#10 Exu

Exu

CAGow Broker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2009 - 01:05 AM

Shivering Isles alone is still £20 on XBLM so yeah, awesome deal.

I mean, I paid for Shivering Isles on release (well, sort of before hurhur) and felt it was worth every penny at the time but it really should not STILL be that price.
Posted Image

#11 babaz75

babaz75

en plein air

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2009 - 05:17 PM

Shivering Isles alone is still £20 on XBLM so yeah, awesome deal.

I mean, I paid for Shivering Isles on release (well, sort of before hurhur) and felt it was worth every penny at the time but it really should not STILL be that price.

this speaks volumes about DLC expensiveness. As long as they not actively implement "sales" onto XBLA and PSN and the such i'll pray for optical traditional deliveries. Damn, STEAM is doing sales (even awesome ones) from time to time...

#12 Exu

Exu

CAGow Broker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:39 PM

Fact is Arcade Hits and Deal of the Week are all very well and good but we need prices to actually DECAY over time.
Posted Image

#13 SirStuie

SirStuie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2009 - 12:06 AM

Why would prices decay over time? There is no after market for dlc or steam etc games to drive down prices. Currency also plays a part somehow.
Posted Image

#14 Exu

Exu

CAGow Broker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2009 - 12:20 AM

Because fixed prices suck. If I'm not going to buy Death Tank for 1200 points now I'm not going to buy it for 1200 points in six months' time.
Posted Image

#15 hunter12360

hunter12360

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 05 March 2009 - 01:44 AM

update: price just went up to £19.99

i got a couple questions.
1. is it free shipping to U.S.?
2. how much is £19.99 in dollars?

#16 Fahd

Fahd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2009 - 04:47 PM

£19.99 is roughly $28.
It's £4.95 to ship to the U.S., your total would be around $35.

Keep in mind that the game may be region locked, so do a bit of research before ordering.

#17 babaz75

babaz75

en plein air

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2009 - 06:37 PM

as said, totally not worth wasting time importing. i think you can easily find new (even used) oblivion goty NTSC copies for well under 30 USD, domestic and no customs worriness.

on topic: wanna laugh? seriously everybody wanna a GOOD LOUGH? lol, i just realized i lost (no, worse, i DELETED) all my 120-hour-gameplay-worth Oblivion saves.

now excuse me i'm going to kill myself quietly :cold:

#18 Exu

Exu

CAGow Broker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2009 - 11:06 PM

Turn the difficulty slider all the way down and speed through the achievements, that should sort your frustration.
Posted Image

#19 Fahd

Fahd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2009 - 12:00 AM

as said, totally not worth wasting time importing. i think you can easily find new (even used) oblivion goty NTSC copies for well under 30 USD, domestic and no customs worriness.

on topic: wanna laugh? seriously everybody wanna a GOOD LOUGH? lol, i just realized i lost (no, worse, i DELETED) all my 120-hour-gameplay-worth Oblivion saves.

now excuse me i'm going to kill myself quietly :cold:

Wow. That really, really sucks. How'd you manage that?

#20 SirStuie

SirStuie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2009 - 12:15 AM

@ Babaz
lol
It happens to us all mate, eventually.
Posted Image

#21 babaz75

babaz75

en plein air

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:45 PM

Wow. That really, really sucks. How'd you manage that?

i did it intentionally, some months ago. and i totally forgot about it. probably those were occupying precious HD space in my 20gb rig... and i did it
me lazy dumb