55 replies to this topic

#1 Master Shake

Master Shake

I AM IMMORTAL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:01 AM

http://www.amazon.co...n/dp/B000UU7VUC

Wow, two in a row.

Edited by Master Shake, 05 March 2009 - 10:14 PM.

#2 xxtheycallmedxx

xxtheycallmedxx

Proud PS3/360/Wii Owner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:02 AM

great price on the goty imho
Posted Image

#3 WuGgaRoO

WuGgaRoO

Custom Title!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:05 AM

damn this price... makes me wanna slap my momma!... too bad my backlog is miles long
Posted ImageSome PS Vita and Wii stuff for trade/sale

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=216495

#4 j0ey0ey

j0ey0ey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:06 AM

tempting

#5 earvcunanan

earvcunanan

I'm cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:07 AM

It has Trophies similar to the 360 version for those who care.

#6 j0ey0ey

j0ey0ey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:11 AM

hmmm is it worth adding to my backlog.. have SF4.. KZ2 and MLB 09 to burn through

#7 HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:14 AM

Is Ps3 Version getting Anchorage/Does it have it? I'm not really up on all the Fallout info, besides the reviews of its greatness.

If not, I'll wait for the 360 version.

Posted Image

#8 earvcunanan

earvcunanan

I'm cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:16 AM

PS3 version isn't getting any of the 360's DLC. Never.

#9 HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:20 AM

PS3 version isn't getting any of the 360's DLC. Never.

That sucks. I'll hold out and get the 360 version then. Backlog is huge anyway.

Posted Image

#10 Sillentassasin

Sillentassasin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:24 AM

damn i bite on this one.... i just got Saints row 2 and love it... and KILLZONE!

wtf... well i can just add it to my backlog

#11 GunstarRed

GunstarRed

The Rated 'G' Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:25 AM

Too bad they don't have it for 360.

Yesterday's Banjo DOTD bumped the game up to #1 on Amazon's Best Sellers in Video Games. Looks like a lot of people jumped all over that deal.

#12 pseprodux

pseprodux

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:31 AM

gah, my wallet is really getting chewed up these days. i just got the saints' row 2 CE, yakuza 2, and star wars: the force unleashed...and i can't resist this price either.

#13 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:59 AM

Thanks OP, used my built up e-certs from surveys and got it for 9.98 shipped :D

#14 papadre

papadre

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:04 AM

wow thanks for the heads up! Posted Image

#15 SackAttack

SackAttack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:10 AM

Is Ps3 Version getting Anchorage/Does it have it? I'm not really up on all the Fallout info, besides the reviews of its greatness.

If not, I'll wait for the 360 version.

I tried to get a straight answer on that out of Pete Hines at E3 last year. I think the gist of it was that the Xbox 360 was getting exclusive content, but that that didn't mean the PS3 would never get anything. Just that it wouldn't get the stuff 360 did.

#16 danny8k

danny8k

for(;;) printf("^_^");

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:14 AM

wow, first banjo and now fallout
amazing amazon ^^
Posted Image Posted Image

#17 Sharp Katana

Sharp Katana

Chillin like a villain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:21 AM

great game. If you want the DLC get the 360 ver. Two more DLCs have been confirmed.

9unm.png

credits to Lilchiji

#18 matthewhsh2002

matthewhsh2002

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:24 AM

why Amazon... why!?

#19 dhr1974

dhr1974

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:43 AM

Tempting... But the fact we just got Saints Row 2 CE for $35 combined with falling eBay prices for Fallout 3 are telling me to resist.

#20 ddrlenz

ddrlenz

Jedi Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:11 AM

Odds are if you don't own this by now on either system...your backlog is HUGE or you're freakin' nuts. Either way, you've waiting this long...JUMP ON IT NOW!
Check out my reviews of the best GPT and referral sites!
Total Freebie Site Earnings To Date: $4000.00+

Posted Image

#21 Sillentassasin

Sillentassasin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:13 AM

Odds are if you don't own this by now on either system...your backlog is HUGE or you're freakin' nuts. Either way, you've waiting this long...JUMP ON IT NOW!

Killzone 2, SFIV (for some) , RE5... that's just this month alone... WTF...

i also have bioshock, R2, Siren, and a crapload of other games i need to pass... this wont be touched for a while i suppose

#22 IceSharktank

IceSharktank

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2009 - 11:10 AM

This is insanity, my backlog has considerably grown in the past three months and this is not helping. I am starting to become a game buyer rather than a gamer. I think I need to stop playing FIFA and move on to something else before it gets larger.

Around how large do you guys think someone's backlog should be in order to skip this deal? I have read great things about this game, but an acquaintance of mine who is what I consider a somewhat knowledgeable RPG gamer (considering it is the only genre he plays) has been expressing very negative views on this game. I am borderline on getting the game, any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Abuse of words has been the great instrument of sophistry and chicanery, of party, faction, and division of society.

#23 optimusprime8062

optimusprime8062

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2009 - 12:55 PM

Cool, you can get FSSS (..free shipping) on this as well.

#24 pob14

pob14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2009 - 02:18 PM

I have read great things about this game, but an acquaintance of mine who is what I consider a somewhat knowledgeable RPG gamer (considering it is the only genre he plays) has been expressing very negative views on this game. I am borderline on getting the game, any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Well, if you're expecting a hardcore Final Fantasy-like RPG, it ain't that.
If you're expecting a FPS like Bioshock, it ain't that, neither.
If you're expecting "Oblivion with guns" . . . well, that's closer, but not really.

Here. Take Oblivion, a game I really enjoy. Use the same game engine, but add the VATS combat system (targeting of individual limbs, and your stats determine the hit, not your twitch skills). Crank the dialog options way, way up, and have your stats affect what you can say and how NPCs react. Move it into a post-apocalyptic nuclear wasteland setting, and add tons of individualized areas with stuff to find like computer entries of what people were doing right before the bombs dropped. Toss in some really big mutants, and some really, really kickass weapons to kill them with.

Then put on an ending that 90% of the people who play the game think just plain blows. (I disagree with them, by the way, but y'know, full disclosure.) You can't play beyond the ending, so you need to save before you get there, if you play the main quest at all (you certainly don't have to). The third DLC will change that, but that isn't coming to the PS3, at least not now.

That's Fallout 3. It's my favorite game, hands down.

I think most of the haters were in love with the first two Fallouts, and this didn't meet their expectations.

#25 James in VA

James in VA

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2009 - 02:40 PM

This is insanity, my backlog has considerably grown in the past three months and this is not helping. I am starting to become a game buyer rather than a gamer.

I hear you. My backlog is out of control. It seems like I do more reading about great games on the crapper (:hot: - there is your visual of the day) instead of actually playing. Being married and all and with my wife not being a gamer, my opportunities for a 2 hour session are few and far between.

That didn't stop me from buying Banjoo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts yesterday for $20 during that DOTD. Maybe if this was for 360 instead of PS3. I won both but rarely use the PS3 except for playing Blu-Rays.

#26 paddlefoot

paddlefoot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2009 - 02:40 PM

If you also own a 360 and your backlog is huge you may want to wait until the DLC is included with the game this summer/fall.

If not, I agree :D

#27 MuzykMann

MuzykMann

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2009 - 02:48 PM

This was, without a doubt, my game of the year. I spent over 100 hours on my first playthrough, and not a second of it felt like a grind.

I think the big question as to whether or not you'll enjoy it is how much do you enjoy free exploration in a game?. Those looking for an 8-10 hour "go here, shoot this, go here, shoot this" fps romp aren't gonna get their fix. Those who enjoy running around exploring new areas without any idea what's gonna be over the next hill are going to be blown away.

There's still a story to follow with objectives and whatnot, but if you don't run around and explore the Wasteland, you're only gonna see 5% of the content.

#28 newlu

newlu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2009 - 02:55 PM

Paid MSRP at launch.. Been worth every penny.
It's a must buy for $35 if u don't own a 360 or don't care about the DLC.

#29 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2009 - 03:09 PM

I will not jump on this now.

Mainly because this deal doesn't apply on the 360. :cry:

#30 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 05 March 2009 - 03:20 PM

If only this was for the CE version. nah...
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]