Photo
- - - - -

Playfire Automatic PS3 Trophies Now Live!!

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 06 March 2009 - 07:09 PM

Well, I decided to just go ahead and start a thread about this because there has been a few things which have happened on Playfire (a site many of you use for PS3 trophies.

First off, the site started to use an automatic synch for the PS3 Trophy cards, in case you didn't know where you enter your PSN-ID and password (they do not store it into their system, only grab info) and your card would automatically be created:
http://www.playfire....a/create_widget

However now, it appears that Sony and PlayFire have teamed up for PS3 Trophy cards:
http://www.playfire.com/trophies/

Let me try getting this straight:
-First off they were pulling trophy information from SCEA's site.
-Now it looks like they are working with SCEE to merge the trophy info with PlayFire.

Who knows whether SCEA will be joining together with PlayFire on this (keep in mind that SCEE, SCEA, SCEJ, etc. all operate independently from one another basically). Regardless, you can login with your PSN-ID (even U.S.) into the European site, so it may work for us. Those who already live in Europe, this is excellent news for you all. :)

I just felt people would be interested to hear this news.

Edited by The Mana Knight, 20 March 2009 - 11:06 PM.

Posted Image

#2 freakyzeeky

freakyzeeky

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2009 - 07:21 PM

I love it... :D
I hope I can still see what trophies I've unlocked though.

#3 DarkKenpachi

DarkKenpachi

Nupe 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2009 - 07:38 PM

Works for me. If I could only drag myself from street fighter 4 and play the other trophy enabled games I got.

hopefully this comes stateside.
Blessed to be still standing after it all.

#4 freakyzeeky

freakyzeeky

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:26 PM

The new automatic Playfire cards are now live y'all! :whee:

http://www.playfire....h-theme-creator

#5 mguiddy

mguiddy

'nives 'n 'nades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:37 PM

The new automatic Playfire cards are now live y'all! :whee:

http://www.playfire....h-theme-creator

Those are a lot better looking than the SCEE ones... and I don't mean because of the color. :lol:

:lol:
You need to have previously signed up for the SCEE one to be able to use the new playfire ones.

#6 Redeema

Redeema

Refuses to pay full price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:40 PM

Anything like this for the US users?

Now playing: Gears of War: Judgment, Fire Emblem

rifsbannerslim.jpg

#7 freakyzeeky

freakyzeeky

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:40 PM

Those are a lot better looking than the SCEE ones... and I don't mean because of the color. :lol:

:lol:
You need to have previously signed up for the SCEE one to be able to use the new playfire ones.

I like how it's much shorter than the SCEE ones... sure, it's not as short as their classic cards, but still shorter... Plus, customizable backgrounds!! :D

Anything like this for the US users?

Yes, the US flag is right next to my PSN username... ;)
Though, as mguiddy said previously, you do need to sign-in for a SCEE card in order to use these new Playfire cards.

#8 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:49 PM

I just made a new one. I need to find another picture though:
Posted Image

Edited by The Mana Knight, 20 March 2009 - 11:21 PM.

Posted Image

#9 shadowrep

shadowrep

Posted 20 March 2009 - 11:01 PM

cant wait to see the final version ^_^ since i can use it, the Uk has been getting love lately xD!

#10 AdvOfJet

AdvOfJet

Brotherhood of Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:02 AM

I cant get this to work for anything. I obviously have the ID setup with the UK site since you can see it in my signature. But when I try to go on the playfire site and choose automatic it cannot find my ID.
Posted Image

#11 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:08 AM

I recommend you try again later. It MIGHT just be getting slammed right now.
Posted Image

#12 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:11 AM

Mana, you need a higher count of Platinums in your Trophy Case.

I, on the other hand need a new Dualshock 3 (WipeOut HD made me bust my White one's R2 button due to RAGE!)
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#13 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:57 AM

It's super slow and doesn't seem to be automated in any stretch of the imagination other than not requiring you to add trophies yourself.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#14 QiG

QiG

I'm all out of gum..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2009 - 04:36 AM

I love it... :D
I hope I can still see what trophies I've unlocked though.

Don't you mean "what trophies I haven't unlocked yet" ?
Posted Image

#15 xDARKx Knight

xDARKx Knight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2009 - 05:48 PM

I cant get this to work for anything. I obviously have the ID setup with the UK site since you can see it in my signature. But when I try to go on the playfire site and choose automatic it cannot find my ID.

The same thing is happening for me. But as Mana said probably getting a bit of a hammering...give it a few days.

Posted ImagePosted Image

..I counted my blessings, now I'll count this curse..
:360::ps3::ds:

#16 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 21 March 2009 - 05:55 PM

This is awesome news. Though I wish they retained their slim version for the automatic ones.

test.gif

#17 Hostile

Hostile

Dark Evangel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2009 - 07:55 PM

Is it just me or does everyone need to update their PSN ID on the European site to get new trophies to appear? How long does it take Playfire's to update as well?

#18 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2009 - 08:02 PM

Is it just me or does everyone need to update their PSN ID on the European site to get new trophies to appear? How long does it take Playfire's to update as well?

http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=1299

I mentioned it last night when they went live that they're just another layer on top of the UK card. You have to initiate the update on the UK site and then recreate your Playfire card just to get it to update, which is not worth it for a simpler card. None of it's automatic unless you prefer to tell it to update first.

#19 collven

collven

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2009 - 10:44 AM

I've been trying this since Friday night and it's still not working for me. I go to the EU site first and update, then go to playfire and add my PSN name and it's still telling me I need to create a EU trophy card. Anyone else still unable to create a playfire card?

#20 shadowrep

shadowrep

Posted 22 March 2009 - 12:23 PM

yeah same here i cant make a Playfire Profile card! it sucks but they may fix that soon. I hope!

EDIT: I managed to get mine to work

Edited by shadowrep, 22 March 2009 - 12:37 PM.

#21 Pratt75

Pratt75

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2009 - 02:48 PM

I can't get it to work either. You should just be able to type in your gamertag and it generates a card. It's very easy to generate a card for that other system, this has to many steps. I'm giving up on this until Sony comes out with something that doesn't require me to jump through hoops to make a card. I tried a few times, screw it.

#22 ufskenney

ufskenney

I got nuthin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2009 - 06:01 PM

I was able to make my card yesterday. Took a little bit of work, but wasn't too bad. It is slow to update trophies though.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked - What you say to an Irishman when he buys you a beer.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#23 thedolphinsrule

thedolphinsrule

It's Morphin Time!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2009 - 06:03 PM

got mine its about time we got an automatic gamercard like 360 owners have had forever

334204.png
12.pngufz.gif

#24 Roa

Roa

CAG Clone

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2009 - 03:02 AM

I actually feel glad that they made an automated card for the PS3. Had to constantly update without it.
Posted Image

#25 fuss

fuss

Insert Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2009 - 04:20 AM

So what is the difference in the made trophy cards here - look at the two above my post. Click on Roa's trophycard and it takes you to a page that lists all of Roa's trophys. Click on finsfan0210 in the post above Roa's and it takes you to a generic "create your PS3 trophycard" page. Is there something in playfire you click on for this?

And I can not get mine to work - made my portable ID in the UK site (see sig) but playfire tells me I have not done this... well its in my sig so I mut have done it. What am I missing??
edit - I got it working, I just went back tot he uk site and hit update on just about every page I could find it on and that seemed to push it to the working status.

Edited by fuss, 23 March 2009 - 05:44 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#26 metaly

metaly

In the world, only this island is.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2009 - 05:01 AM

It looks like you just need to change the link around the image, SoCal. Once you get your card working, try something like this (without the leading spaces in each tag):

[ url=http://www.playfire.com/SoCalDude/ps3-trophies][ img]http://pfcdn.net/site/trophy_widget/psn/SoCalDude.png[ /img][ /url]
Posted Image

Of course I tried it on mine and all I got is a blank page. Not sure why it works on Roa's.

Also I wish I knew how to get my avatar to look less janky.

#27 fuss

fuss

Insert Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2009 - 06:04 AM

It looks like you just need to change the link around the image, SoCal. Once you get your card working, try something like this (without the leading spaces in each tag):

[ url=http://www.playfire.com/SoCalDude/ps3-trophies][ img]http://pfcdn.net/site/trophy_widget/psn/SoCalDude.png[ /img][ /url]
Posted Image

Of course I tried it on mine and all I got is a blank page. Not sure why it works on Roa's.

Also I wish I knew how to get my avatar to look less janky.

I notice the name in the URL has to be the name of your playfire account. When I signed up for playfire I used fuss and when I put that in the link it works and my PSN name does not work - but my PSN name shows on the trophy card. But hey, I got it to work... yay.

I really like how easy it is to see the number of each trophy you have. It reall is a cleaner look.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#28 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2009 - 06:09 AM

Really, metaly? I didn't have to change anything when pasting the bb code from Playfire to CAG.

#29 collven

collven

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:47 AM

Finally got it to work!

#30 Pratt75

Pratt75

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2009 - 04:01 PM

I can sign in to eu.playstation.com but when I try to transfer my account info its saying my email address and password are incorrect which is bull. So I click forgot password hioping they email me info but I never get an email. WTF!!