Resident Evil 5 Collector's Edition $78.99 at DeepDiscount.com

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 SuperJedi

SuperJedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2009 - 08:32 AM

Just as Buy.com stopped that deal. Deepdiscount.com is now doing it.

Second chances for those missed the Buy.com deal!

Any coupon codes?

Xbox 360 http://www.deepdisco...ductId=48645666

PS3 http://www.deepdisco...ductId=48645595

#2 Justin42

Justin42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2009 - 08:36 AM

Ok, everyone, let's not forget Deep Discount sucks at getting pre-orders of popular games to you in a timely manner. although they usually do ship, it just takes a while.

(not trying to thread crap, just a timely warning so this doesn't turn into another long, complaint-filled thread like the Guitar Hero/Rock Band/Street Fighter/etc threads have)

#3 SuperJedi

SuperJedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2009 - 08:37 AM

Well, at this point, there is no other places under $80.

Actually, another place is Newegg.com

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16874129013

Edited by SuperJedi, 08 March 2009 - 08:59 AM.

#4 jdeluis

jdeluis

Now In Stereo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2009 - 09:13 AM

Great deal. Especially with the free shipping and no sales tax. You won't get it on release day, but they are reliable on shipping out the product.

If you are a patient person, this is great deal. For those in California, you will save yourself around $18.

#5 enufs8d

enufs8d

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2009 - 09:18 AM

i wouldnt trust newegg. they mysteriously canceled my street fighter iv ce without the cancelation email or anything. just poof and gone.

#6 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2009 - 09:20 AM

I would trust Newegg over almost any other site. Especially with the Deepdiscount issue with SFIV CE. I had it with deepdiscount but...switched to newegg when they posted the price at $80 on their site.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#7 aegisol

aegisol

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2009 - 09:34 AM

DD has been running this one for roughly the same time as they were orders for SFIV, so the queue is probably pretty long by now. Luckily for me I'll be out of town for the entire week after the game is released so I won't miss it much, haha.

#8 Shady3011

Shady3011

Posted 08 March 2009 - 03:03 PM

Don't forget 4% cashback.

#9 AmongPatriots

AmongPatriots

CAGiversary! A Hwat?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2009 - 07:33 PM

NewEgg is okay... I'm not that satisfied with them, but I still buy from them from time to time, experience started out great though. One time, I bought Dark Sector new but it came with the home style shrink wrap with part of the case exposed. It wasn't the official Playstation shrink wrap. And my Strangle Hold can with a tear that went straight thought to the cover art. They used bubble envelopes. And the last thing I bought from them, universal laptop adapter, was a returned item from someone else that they turned around and sold to me. Damn me for throwing about the box before I thought about returning it... a lot of OEM stuff... and you can't submit reviews with comments that details how well they package your item.

edit
: awww man I thought this was the RE5 NewEgg thread... ahhh screw this...

Edited by KrazyGunner, 09 March 2009 - 09:20 PM.

#10 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2009 - 07:43 PM

i canceled my DD order and went with Newegg. Not that DD won't ship RE5CE, just that it will be slower than Newegg (i'm pretty sure of that). Newegg has better inventory control (at least you get the OoS, unlike DD, in stock items work in a mysterious way).

#11 SuperJedi

SuperJedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:31 PM

I actually got cancelled because I use Bill Me Later and was not approved.

Now I am questioning if I should get it at this price or wait?

Does anyone know if this is really Limited or is it a tons of copies?

In another words, will I see this next year sometime?

Unboxing Video

bPjNqyVYoqQ

#12 hmbtnguy

hmbtnguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2009 - 08:41 PM

thanks op picked myself up a CE for 360. I was going to go with newegg but since I live in CA tax killed it for me.

#13 MorPhiend

MorPhiend

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2009 - 08:52 PM

I've had this ordered from DD since the first week of February and I'm worried about not getting it. Good luck to everyone else.

#14 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:08 PM

Well I can say I trust newegg more seeing as how my order already shipped from them via DHL.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#15 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:16 PM

About a year ago I ordered the Blue Planet or Planet Earth (forgot which, but the 4 disc set) from them for around $55 shipped. It arrived quickly and in good shape. My main issue was all the stories I heard about their shipping the SFIV CE.

532919.pngsig.gif

My Trade List

#16 United_Korea

United_Korea

we thinX it's gr8.8

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:23 PM

what are everyone's opinions on the availability of this CE? will it be limited like SFIV or plentiful like DMC4?
:ps3: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Street Fighter X Tekken, Tekken Tag Tournament 2
:360: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
:pc: Diablo III

#17 SuperJedi

SuperJedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:47 PM

what are everyone's opinions on the availability of this CE? will it be limited like SFIV or plentiful like DMC4?

I think it's limited!

RE5 CE is already sold OUT on Amazon.com!

#18 morphineseason

morphineseason

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2009 - 10:03 PM

If you're ordering from DeepDiscount, I hope you're not in a hurry to get anything. I just ordered Tim and Eric's Awesome Show season 2 from them around the time it came out, and it took a good 2 1/2 weeks to get it, and that was after it shipped from only a state away from me. So, they definitely use the slowest shipping possible.

#19 SuperJedi

SuperJedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2009 - 10:24 PM

No, not in a hurry at all.

I am actually looking for an excuse to delay it as far as possible.

#20 phogoodness

phogoodness

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2009 - 09:25 PM

I finally got my copy of PS3 RE5 CE today. I didn't order until the day of the release, and I'm patient so the longer shipping time wasn't an issue for me. The outer game box came in perfect condition, and was packaged in a small box with paper filling. I'm very pleased.

Posted Image

Edited by phogoodness, 20 March 2009 - 09:37 PM.

#21 Purkeynator

Purkeynator

Cheap before it was cool

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:32 PM

Mine came today as well (360 version). I ordered it on Jan 4.
trade list (mostly guides with a few boxes and manuals)
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=44132

#22 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2009 - 12:28 AM

The CE is well worth it to me at this price. I love the steelbook. Kind of glad I didn't us DD tho since I got my CE $4 cheaper and 4 days sooner! but a deal is a deal and anything under 80$ for this CE is a good price.

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#23 drawingboard

drawingboard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2009 - 12:38 AM

Kinda old news, but thanks. I got mine because of this thread:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=210751