CAGcast #155: P(oops)!

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:09 AM

Cheapy and Wombat talk OnLive, poop collection, giant shellfish, the latest shopping and industry news, new releases, your CAGbag questions and so much more!

Get a free trial of Netflix and support the CAGcast:
www.netflix.com/cagcast

Download - 105 minutes, 42MB
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Bonus Photos:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by CheapyD, 25 March 2009 - 04:21 AM.

#2 konatachan

konatachan

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:27 AM

Yay! Another CAGCast, damn you cheapy you've got me hooked on Howard Stern and I'm still listening to it. :applause:

Afterward I'll give the CAGCast a listen.

keep up the great work.
Posted Image

#3 Xavin

Xavin

cFX Erryday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:30 AM

Downloading now! Can't wait to listen! :P

Posted Image

#4 Chatetris

Chatetris

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:35 AM

DON'T FEED TUNA TO TAI!!! It might come back and bite you back!!!!!

#5 WhipSmartBanky

WhipSmartBanky

Bring on the free hooch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:38 AM

Posted Image

:rofl:

Gold.

Now that, my friend, is a shared moment.

about.me/wsb

#6 jcjay22

jcjay22

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:52 AM

all right
Posted Image

#7 sotc1988

sotc1988

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2009 - 05:04 AM

I remember this one time I went to a Mongolian BBQ (which is fucking awesome eats btw) place and on my second bowl about half way through I had to get it to go. But I didn't know that wasn't okay to ask, and the Asian guy at the counter was giving me the stink-eye the whole time he was packing that up. I felt kind of bad but then I got home and ate that shit right up and all was good. Point is Cheapy, you could totally get away with getting a couple slices to go. I'm sure the obligated to be polite Japanese restauranters would be steaming on the inside but as long as you get yours...

#8 NeuroAvalanche

NeuroAvalanche

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2009 - 05:14 AM

holy shoot cagcast before wed!

#9 jimmy2sacs

jimmy2sacs

Posted 25 March 2009 - 05:18 AM

hells yeah foo! i just reviewed this shit on Itunes, hopefully its not too offensive to show up! rock on!

#10 muzras

muzras

I Can HAZ Club NintendoZ?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2009 - 05:57 AM

i am downloadingz to listenz :D

lolz poo poo
[cp][/cp]
PLZ TO B 2 Donate-s0rz... Thankz-s0rz ^_^ :D
CAGz are teh bestz. :grouphug:

#11 DietCokeJunkey

DietCokeJunkey

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:09 AM

A BMI of 25 is overweight. Well just barely, a 24.9 is normal weight.

Still listening to the rest. Shaping to be a good show so far.

EDIT: I really disagree with the so-called 5 reasons why RE5 isn't very good. Sure it might not be scary, but the co-op system works well (aside from the not being able to give your partner a gun). And whoever wrote that article must be slow in the head, because theres shortcut buttons. You assign items to the d-pad and the right shoulder button accesses the weapon upgrade menu. A lot of other things they mentioned are explained once you complete the game and read the files (mainly the racial stuff). Whoever wrote that article really hasn't spent time playing games.

Edited by DarkZion, 25 March 2009 - 09:36 AM.

DarkZion9.pngWjwtTLD.gif?1

so I decided to see what I could do with it and I got to the end but there's no way I can finish him off. 

#12 weevles

weevles

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:13 AM

Cool. Earlier in the week or later, I'll take it!

Edit: oh waitaminute, you weren't kidding about the show title. I think this is one of, if not the most disgusting show openings I've heard yet. :puke:

Edit2: wow, incredible story about your robocop present!

Edited by gunm, 25 March 2009 - 06:29 AM.

#13 NutForest

NutForest

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:19 AM

"When i dropped the fury"

haha holy crap Cheapy.
:cold: <3 The CAGcast and The instance <3 :hot:

Posted Image

#14 bigsick

bigsick

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2009 - 07:34 AM

where can i obtain a poop kit? I might just want to try it out for the Fuck of it.
Posted Image

#15 thenexus6

thenexus6

more human than human

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:10 AM

Sweet, I just downloaded it but I accidently left my Zune sync cable at my Dads last night :cry:

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#16 SuxoR

SuxoR

What choice did I have?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:26 AM

You guys forgot about American Me Edward James Almose rapes in that movie (literally)

1xz7eo.gif

#17 wiiheat

wiiheat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2009 - 09:08 AM

My Wii fried itself after 2 months (hence the CAG username), and the replacement was defective and replaced after 2 days. My 360 crapped out after a year (now 6 months into a new one) and I have a pile of recent Sony stuff (not PS3 however, subs and TVs mostly) that died after a year or less. I'm finding consumer electronics less reliable overall. Maybe they are just trying to get everyone to buy those extended warranties.

#18 Swoxx

Swoxx

Resident Swede

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2009 - 09:15 AM

First off, i do agree with you Wombat, i mostly do prefer a linear game, if done well, with a great narrative story that you can follow and you know that you're always progressing through the game and not just running in circles, though some games do work better with a sandbox-type experience.

About the E74 i actually got this recently, it was on my once red-ringed 2006 repaired console. I wound up picking up a Arcade with 2 Wireless controllers and Arcade compilation disc and sega superstar tennis, "yey", for $190 and it's cooler, more silent and just fantastic! lets see how long its lasts manufacturing date 08-12

Great show guys

Cheers
Swoxx

#19 wiiheat

wiiheat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2009 - 09:32 AM

Other suggestions for the Twittered segment:
Twick or Tweet.
How Tweet it is.
Tweet smell of success.
Word on the Tweet.
You are now about to witness the strength of Tweet Knowledge.

#20 rogueweapon

rogueweapon

FREEyourMIND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2009 - 10:13 AM

For 17g I better get a motherfockin car with that flight. Good show cheap asses. Yo Cheapy netflix instant q AMERICAN PIMP. You will thank me later.
Posted Image

GET SMART, sub my videos & favorites on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/rogueweapon

@rogueweapon twitter
http://www.twitter.com/rogueweapon

#21 ocelot24

ocelot24

Posted 25 March 2009 - 10:21 AM

The main reason airline fares are so high is because of taxes--over 90% of air fees is taxes
any way great show and oh yes, resident evil 5 is not racist: obviously if you make a game in Africa you are obviously gonna find black infected guys and then again if we don't put in black guy's in some game or another isn't that to discrimination. Also the black guy in gears of war who has a stupid kind of personality looks as if he is being made fun of.
.........>>

#22 XUGrad

XUGrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2009 - 10:40 AM

I nearly pissed myself when Cheapy mentioned his "accident.'

Funny start to the show. Disgusting, but funny as hell.

#23 Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:21 AM

Thanks guys.

#24 Gorlith

Gorlith

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:39 PM

Holy shit I was watching tv with my family when that plane crash started hitting the news. It was crazy looking, maybe they can make it Roboplane.

#25 Achuba Nanoia

Achuba Nanoia

Tropical arctic fox

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:46 PM

Hey Cheapy and Wombat, great show as usual! Not much room for controversy today huh ?

Anyway, I'm with Cheapy, I'd very much like to one day be able to afford having a really nice trip in an airplane, but the price is just crazy.

One more thing about Tuna Pizza: it's actually quite popular here in São Paulo where I live, even though I don't like it myself. Maybe it's because we have a lot of japanese people here, that would explain it.

About E74 problems... I don't know, but lately I've had my Xbox freeze a couple of times this week, and it seems to be happening every few weeks. I've read the joystiq article, and from what they say it doesn't seem to be the same problem. I do worry about it because: A- it's a brand new Jasper chip, it shouldn't have any problems on it and B- since I've imported it, I don't think I'll be able to fix it with Microsoft, not for cheap anyway.

Keep up the good work guys, I hope Wombat have a nice trip.

Edited by Achuba Nanoia, 25 March 2009 - 01:47 PM.
typos

The most difficult game of all is life: 1up, no pause, no save-feature, no strategy guide. Just pray you can get someone to play co-op.

#26 Gentlegamer

Gentlegamer

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:50 PM

Wombat eating a nine-pound lobster?

His Jewcard is going to get revoked!
Posted Image

#27 ShinAkumA21

ShinAkumA21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:08 PM

you should of put in your son poo then when they check it they'll be like "your poo is as healthy as a 2 year old child!"

#28 SeanNOLA

SeanNOLA

Ohwur? Mybur.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:26 PM

Somebody likes mixing Jay-Z! I really like the opening songs from the past few weeks. Is there a place we can get them?
EDIT: I should check the show notes before I post, huh? D'OH! Um...Great show!

Edited by SeanNOLA, 25 March 2009 - 03:48 PM.
I'm too lazy to read.

#29 Imallvol7

Imallvol7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:44 PM

I am so impressed with your ability to stay calm in the face of comments on show notes. I would have flipped a sh*t at jkanownik and his response to you calling out RE5 and how its deconstructive. His comments made me want to hit someone.

My room mate beat that game in two sittings. Does that really justify 60$? JKANOWNIK must be half retarted if it took him 15-30 hours to beat the game. And playing the single player over and over again doesn't f'ing count. The same thing happens every damn time. It's not real compelling stuff.

jkanownik "I PM'd you the company I work for and named the names of the games. Given that my username is actually my real name I'd rather not mention it publicly. The bottom line is that you've lost a voice within the industry because of the negative tone lately. In the past if you had a gripe about something my company (or all game companies) did I would look further into the details of it and if there was something I could do about it I would. I'm not saying I could change anything or that I'm anyone special, but you should realize that people do listen to what you have to say and take that seriously if you want your voice heard (or not, it's your choice)."

I think he is pretty much saying if I don't like what you have to say about my company true or not, we are going to ignore you. You "lost your voice" for telling the truth and expressing your opinion. Kinda like Kane and Lynch all over again. This guys whole arguement and explanation sounds sketchy as well.

Edited by Imallvol7, 25 March 2009 - 05:01 PM.

PSN --> Imallvol7
Xbox Live --> Imallvol

#30 muzras

muzras

I Can HAZ Club NintendoZ?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:40 PM

how long were teh sittingz? 2 15hours sittingz? :mrgreen:
[cp][/cp]
PLZ TO B 2 Donate-s0rz... Thankz-s0rz ^_^ :D
CAGz are teh bestz. :grouphug: