Photo
- - - - -

CoD: Modern Warfare 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info-New Map Pack out June 3 (1200MSP)

• Please log in to reply
3825 replies to this topic

#1 _Ph03n1x_

_Ph03n1x_

Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:23 AM

Release Date: 11/10/09

Official Website- www.modernwarfare2.com

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is an upcoming First-Person-Shooter developed by Infinity Ward and published by Activision for PC, Playstation 3, and the Xbox 360. Officially announced on February 11, 2009,the game is due for worldwide release on November 10, 2009. It is the sixth installment of the Call of Duty series, and the direct sequel to Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, continuing along the same storyline.

Launch Trailer:

Infamy Trailer:

Multiplayer Footage:

More Multiplayer Footage:

List of Multiplayer modes so far:

• Free-For-All
  • Capture The Flag (New to Modern Warfare series)
  • Team Deathmatch
  • Search and Destroy
  • Domination
  • Demolition (New)
  • Ground War
Spec Ops:

A new Special Ops mode will include two-player cooperative play. Special Ops mode will include several fast-paced action missions similar to Mile High Club which will be more difficult than normal campaign missions and will not be related to the main storyline. It will supposedly pick out certain parts of the single player campaign that "work well with co-op". Missions are unlocked by earning stars, which are acquired by playing levels at certain difficulties. Regular difficulty earns one star, hardened earns two, and veteran earns three. Missions will be divided by groups, called Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, and Echo, the last said to be the hardest. Within the groups there are types of missions such as "Breach and Clear" and "Elimination". There will even be special enemy types, such as those using riot shields, or even Special Ops exclusive "Juggernauts" wearing heavy armor.

More info at http://callofduty.wi...odern_Warfare_2

Edited by _Ph03n1x_, 14 May 2010 - 06:13 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 sj41

sj41

That's Bitchin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:31 AM

I can't wait to play the single player, but I'm not very good at COD multiplayer, so I probably won't enjoy that too much. I sold the first one after playing it for a couple of months.

#3 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:34 AM

Hell yes.

This fall is going to be amazing.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 _Ph03n1x_

_Ph03n1x_

Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:35 AM

Hell yes.

This fall is going to be amazing.

Agreed. Can't wait
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 zewone

zewone

Thursday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:37 AM

This is full of Win.

#1. Story mode Co-op
#2. multiple weapon attachements modifyable
#3. Random innocent AI civilians running for cover in multiplayer don't shoot them.

I love it .

Where's this info from?

#6 JetTone

JetTone

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:37 AM

If it has online campaign co-op, I'm sold.

#7 Sharp Katana

Sharp Katana

Chillin like a villain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:42 AM

I read somewhere that vehicles will be returning to CODMW2. Some weapons from COD4 will not appear. Also a special mode (like WaW's Nazi zombies) will be available for MW2 as well. This was supposedly from a BETA tester who got kicked out after revealing info about the game on twitter.

9unm.png

credits to Lilchiji

#8 SlimJim0725

SlimJim0725

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:52 AM

I will probably sit out MW2 if they have vehicles and a stupid zombie mode. I hated the zombie mode in WaW, it doesn't fit a game like that and Resident Evil or Left 4 Dead will always be a preferred "zombie" game to me. As for vehicles, they ruin FPS to me. If I am playing a shooter, I want people to just be shooting. Not driving, not flying, or any of that mess, just straight gun fights like CoD 4 had (which is why I stayed on that game for so long).

#9 Sharp Katana

Sharp Katana

Chillin like a villain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:01 AM

I will probably sit out MW2 if they have vehicles and a stupid zombie mode. I hated the zombie mode in WaW, it doesn't fit a game like that and Resident Evil or Left 4 Dead will always be a preferred "zombie" game to me. As for vehicles, they ruin FPS to me. If I am playing a shooter, I want people to just be shooting. Not driving, not flying, or any of that mess, just straight gun fights like CoD 4 had (which is why I stayed on that game for so long).

Personally I dont have a problem with WaW's zombie mode. I think it's a pretty fun way to co-op with your friends when you don't feel like playing people online.

I agree with the vehicles. One reason why I'm not on WaW nearly as much as I was on COD4 is because of people jumping into tanks the minute the round begins. It's pretty annoying, if the vehicles return in MW2 hopefully they can be taken down with 1 or 2 RPGs.

9unm.png

credits to Lilchiji

#10 weevles

weevles

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:06 AM

Intriguing trailer...I'm very interested. Co-op story will be awesome!

#11 rlb543

rlb543

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:17 AM

tight

#12 striker199

striker199

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:20 AM

day one purchase, infinity ward never disappoints

#13 strikeratt

strikeratt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:39 AM

Much time went into CoD4 ... I think the same thing will happen here :D
Asus P5W DH Deluxe / Core 2 Duo e6550 with Big Typhoon Cooler / Sapphire 3870 2x (the 2 in one) / 2x 2GB OCZ Reaper Memory / Sound Blaster Xtreme Gamer / 20x Lite-ON DVD Burner with Lightscribe / 400GB WD with Windows XP Home / 500 GB WD Green Power with Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit / 700w OCZ PSU / Razer Diamondback Mouse / Zboard

Posted Image

#14 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:29 AM

This is day one for me whatever. story co-op and multi-customizable weapons would be SO good.

Trailer was alright, I don't think like the logo though, the "2" doesn't fit with the text.

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

PSN the-nexus6 | Xbox Live Ken the Wizard
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#15 Woltaire

Woltaire

2NE1 & SNSD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:02 AM

This is full of Win.

#1. Story mode Co-op
#2. multiple weapon attachements modifyable
#3. Random innocent AI civilians running for cover in multiplayer don't shoot them.

I love it .

I'd also like to know where this came from. Either way I'm pumped up for this game. Can't wait!8-)
Posted Image

#16 FoxHoundADAM

FoxHoundADAM

Super Zissou Bros.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:50 PM

I hope it has a zombie MP map. That alone is making me feel like I should buy CoD: WaW/

#17 Achuba Nanoia

Achuba Nanoia

Tropical arctic fox

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:56 PM

Believe me, if the guys of CoD go take the drug dealers of Rio de Janeiro, this will be hardest CoD yet :P .

I wonder what's all this interest in Brazil lately... HAWXs, CoD... it seems we're going straight into "Axis of Evil" or something, geez.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the game, even though I still have to buy CoD4 on the cheap somewhere.
The most difficult game of all is life: 1up, no pause, no save-feature, no strategy guide. Just pray you can get someone to play co-op.

#18 Techsticles

Techsticles

Nihilistic Mystics

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2009 - 02:03 PM

Here is a slightly better look at the 1st and 4th perk.
Posted Image

#19 dimeadz

dimeadz

Posted 26 March 2009 - 02:07 PM

Sounds great. It is a must have for me.8-)

#20 Galego23

Galego23

Posted 26 March 2009 - 02:19 PM

November 10, 2009 Release Date

#21 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 26 March 2009 - 02:31 PM

I cant fucking wait. I am so sick of how shitty WaW is. God it will feel good to get back into a shooter that actually designed well and not just cloning another game.

#22 Vortex Squid

Vortex Squid

Posted 26 March 2009 - 02:48 PM

I only kept WaW for about months and to be honest, it was a lot more fun when it was a demo haha =]
But yeah, still got COD4 so good to carry on with modern warfare...leave WW2 alone now!

#23 Galego23

Galego23

Posted 26 March 2009 - 02:52 PM

WaW is OK, but yeah nothing comparable to Modern Warfare. Also, playing strictly in Hardcore matches is probably the best solution to avoiding tanks.

#24 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 26 March 2009 - 03:16 PM

Not to turn this into a WaW thread we already have one of those. But I find the biggest problem with Waw is the fact that Treyarch apparently does not grasp weapon classes and damage output and beacuse of that didnt set up a proper pro con system.

They made SMG a all purpose class when in every other game/ real life they are a medium range gun. I shouldnt be able to snipe a guy 600ft away with a SMG in 3 bullets....thus making all BA and Rifles pointless as they take longer to fire, reload and more hits to land a kill. I also shouldnt win a face to face with a shotgun user 9/10 with a SMG thus making CQ weapons pointless. There is no con to using a SMG like there should be.

The bottom line is this....picking different weapons was a tactical decision in COD4 and provided advantages/disadvantages beacuse there was a difference between the MP5 and the Scorpion or G3 and the M16. The pros to not using a SMG in WaW or NO WHERE NEAR enough to switch. Thus making WaW less about tactical decision making and more about getting as many bullets in a general direction as possible.

Thus 90% MP-40s, 4% PPSH, 6% all other. (<----made up percentages!)

#25 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2009 - 03:25 PM

Here is a slightly better look at the 1st and 4th perk.
Posted Image

Deep Impact
?
Sort of looks like two weapons crossed over or bullets
?

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

PSN the-nexus6 | Xbox Live Ken the Wizard
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#26 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 26 March 2009 - 03:35 PM

I see, Deep impact, New symbol for extreme conditioning, melee counter?? you got me on the 4th one.

EDIT: Ahh I just thought of something. Maybe that 2nd ones means you can run faster and jump higher. Meaning that maybe there are ledges and spots you climb up to with that perk that you couldnt without it.

That would be sweet.

#27 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2009 - 03:52 PM

Excellent!

#28 danked

danked

Devourer of souls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2009 - 03:53 PM