Animefalcon

Posted 03 April 2009 - 02:30 PM

This weekend

#2 forumreader

forumreader

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2009 - 02:38 PM

It's $5 for those wondering. Anyone know how the PC port compares to the console editions?

#3 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2009 - 02:42 PM

Let me link that for you ...™

... and there's a demo if anyone wants to try before they buy.

#4 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2009 - 02:43 PM

Hmm...I already own a copy for the 360 and PS2, and if I didn't, I'd presumably buy a real copy of this, not a DRMed up one...but for $5...
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#5 RoboPhish

RoboPhish

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2009 - 02:53 PM

Every weekend steam always seems to take my money! Perhaps I should alert authorities? But it feels so good....
Posted Image

#6 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 03 April 2009 - 02:54 PM

Tempting, I'll have to think about this one.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#7 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2009 - 02:54 PM

I think I'll pass

#8 Jalu

Jalu

jalu1-5 was already taken

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2009 - 02:56 PM

This was free to play on Gametap for like, a year.

Or maybe that was Legend. I don't know. They all blend together at this point.

#9 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

I think I picked up the Wii version for <$10 a looong time ago. I figured the waggle and wii controls would make that version a bit unique.

Better than playing it on the PC...

#10 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

I'll probably get it. I have the Wii version but I'd like to try the standard version without the wii controls.

#11 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 03 April 2009 - 02:57 PM

Lame deal is lame.

#12 bigwoof

bigwoof

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:04 PM

Fuck tomb raider. this is the first deal in a while that im not picking up

#13 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:06 PM

I wonder if I should get the PC version from steam for $5, or get the 360 version for $15 from the GameStop sale..

#14 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:15 PM

I think I picked up the Wii version for <$10 a looong time ago. I figured the waggle and wii controls would make that version a bit unique.

Better than playing it on the PC...

Uh...no, it's not. The PC version has better controls (since they're the same as the 360 version), and of course looks and runs better.

Lame deal is lame.

Huh? The only lame thing about this is its Steam. But $5 for one of the best games of 2007 isn't exactly my definition of "lame".
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
[LIST]

Posted Image

#15 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:17 PM

I wonder if I should get the PC version from steam for $5, or get the 360 version for $15 from the GameStop sale..

Depends on whether you want to actually own it or not (though the PC version can be had for a similar price to the 360 one also), and to an extent what your PC setup is versus your 360 setup. Like if you've got a notebook (that's decent) you could play it on your HDTV, or portably, etc.
[LIST]

Posted Image

#16 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:22 PM

Depends on whether you want to actually own it or not (though the PC version can be had for a similar price to the 360 one also), and to an extent what your PC setup is versus your 360 setup. Like if you've got a notebook (that's decent) you could play it on your HDTV, or portably, etc.

My PC is pretty up to date, so I could play it at max settings. I play my 360 on my PC monitor so I guess it might be better on PC for me. I tried Legend for PC and it crashed pretty often in certain spots, but had no problems with the 360 version. Is the PC version of Anniversary stable, without many bugs?

#17 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:22 PM

DAMN IT!!!!
You know Steam should just start selling HDs with games already on it cause mine is already filling up. Come on $5 dollars??? How can you say no to that?

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#18 Capitalizt

Capitalizt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:24 PM

I love Tomb Raider and this is my favorite game of the bunch. Tight gameplay, awesome environments to explore, and many moments of nostalgia for those of us who played the original Tomb Raider on the PS1 way back when. I highly recommend this for Tomb Raider fans (and adventure fans in general). Just make sure you play with a Playstation to USB adapter ($4 shipped on ebay) or a 360 controller. Some of the moves can be hard to pull off on a mouse and keyboard ;)

review:

http://www.gametrail...ayer/20393.html

Edited by Capitalizt, 03 April 2009 - 06:16 PM.

#19 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:27 PM

for $5? sure why not.. i had wanted this anyways

1080i is for douchebags

#20 bb4lake

bb4lake

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:30 PM

So I saw the deal and thought "Thank god, finally a weekend where I won't be tempted" since I've never been a Tomb Raider fan and recent memory told me that there have been 1-2 good games in the series since they went sequel crazy. But curiosity got the better of me and my research determined that this was one of the 2 good games. So now I'm stuck, I can hardly refuse the $5 price tag, and if I were to play a game in the series, it would be this one. You did it again Steam...

*sigh*

#21 fyrflash1969

fyrflash1969

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:34 PM

Lame deal is lame.

Its not lame because you don't like it. Its 5$ for a good game, just not the game you want.

Tomb Raider Anniversary is a must have for fans of the original, highly recommended.

#22 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:39 PM

So I saw the deal and thought "Thank god, finally a weekend where I won't be tempted" since I've never been a Tomb Raider fan and recent memory told me that there have been 1-2 good games in the series since they went sequel crazy. But curiosity got the better of me and my research determined that this was one of the 2 good games. So now I'm stuck, I can hardly refuse the $5 price tag, and if I were to play a game in the series, it would be this one. You did it again Steam...

*sigh*

There have been three awesome games-the last three. There were years between the old Core games and the new Crystal Dynamics relaunch.

Every time there's a Tomb Raider related thread you get some people bashing them, and they apparently don't know that these aren't related to those old Core games that got thrown out every 5 seconds. These have all been easily among the best games of the year they've launched in, and then win plenty of awards.
[LIST]

Posted Image

#23 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:43 PM

Uh...no, it's not. The PC version has better controls (since they're the same as the 360 version), and of course looks and runs better.

Huh? The only lame thing about this is its Steam. But $5 for one of the best games of 2007 isn't exactly my definition of "lame".

better controls with what, a KB and mouse? Not everyone has a 360 controller, and for something I already bought. I'm not going to pick up this copy, then pick up the ps2 copy then get the DS copy because I have them available.

Wii does have additional play controls, and I don't have to suffer through a M/KB for a platformer... And I'm not going to console-ize my pc either.

PC is great for RPGs, RTS, Shooters, and MMOs, the way it's suppose to be.

#24 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:46 PM

If you don't own a 360 or don't want a controller for your PC, that's your business, but regardless it does have better controls than the Wii version.
[LIST]

Posted Image

#25 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:49 PM

pls stop comparing this to the wii version... its not even close presentation wise and not having to use the astrocious wii controls are a major plus

1080i is for douchebags

#26 vherub

vherub

Posted 03 April 2009 - 04:03 PM

I liked legend on the xbox, but wasn't too fond of this demo a while back. Might have to try it again.

#27 eddie291

eddie291

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2009 - 04:11 PM

Very tempting. I picked up Underworld for $15 last weekend at Target, and I have to say, I'm really enjoying it so far.

How does it compare to the latest one in the series, Underworld? Did the same developers that did Underworld do Anniversary as well?

#28 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2009 - 04:14 PM

Good deal, but not a game I want to play with a keyboard.

#29 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2009 - 04:16 PM

The three recent games are by Crystal Dynamics, and are all good. The old ones were by Core, and IMO had issues. The CD relaunch is really good.

Anniversary is different in that its a remake, and its supposed to be skewed more towards environmental puzzles than Legend/Underworld, but its still supposed to be really good (I've been saving it as I expect to love it).
[LIST]

Posted Image

#30 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 03 April 2009 - 04:16 PM

I went ahead and bit.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.