Not sure if these are available, but they normally sell for $39.99:
Amazing Island http://shop4.outpost...CH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Sonic Heroes http://shop4.outpost...CH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

#2 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2005 - 05:57 PM

Sonic Heroes dropped to 19.99.. at least on Gamestop.com, the PS2 version.. so maybe the GC version hasn't dropped yet. But most Sega titles dropped yesterday, so it might be coming soon. Good deal on AI, haven't played the game but it's OOS @ ebworld and gamestop.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 Zenithian Legend

Zenithian Legend

Posted 25 January 2005 - 05:57 PM

is Amazing Island any good?... anyone?
Posted Image

#4 WhipSmartBanky

WhipSmartBanky

Bring on the free hooch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2005 - 06:13 PM

And the answer is...no.

http://www.gameranki...ges2/918941.asp

59% Ouch.

Now that, my friend, is a shared moment.

about.me/wsb

#5 Zenithian Legend

Zenithian Legend

Posted 25 January 2005 - 06:32 PM

Amazing Island is decent entertainment for a younger crowd, though they'd probably prefer a game featuring one of the franchises it tries so hard to emulate. - Ryan Davis

And it scored a 6.5,,,, I'll pass
Posted Image

#6 davelin

davelin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2005 - 08:33 PM

Which version of Sonic Heroes is better, XBox or GC? I have both, and generally I'd get the GC version just to add my contribution so GC won't be dead like DC (still don't undersand how DC was not able to compete...I love all my DC games still). However, there are games where the XBox version just rules, is this one of those games?

#7 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2005 - 08:37 PM

According to EGM Xbox is better because it has better graphics. Xbox also has both Japanese and English speech I think.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#8 argyle

argyle

Posted 25 January 2005 - 08:39 PM

If you have (or plan on getting) PSO Ep. III, then the GC version of Sonic Heroes will unlock a special card. That alone is enough to make me get the GC version of it. ;)
Posted Image

#9 OldKai

OldKai

Don't Mess With the Old.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2005 - 08:39 PM

I tried ordering Sonic Heroes (GC version) from Outpost. It's on backorder (at least for me).

#10 DesertEagleXIX

DesertEagleXIX

Semper Economus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2005 - 10:20 PM

I think the Xbox version has a bit of slowdown the Cube version doesn't have.
Posted Image
www.tech-gaming.com

#11 crowbb

crowbb

Watch out for snakes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2005 - 10:55 PM

I bought Amazing Island when it first came out hoping it would be similar to Monster Rancher. It's not. And it's not very good. The monster creation system is fantastic. If you just want to mess around with creating monsters then you should try it. You have a LOT of control over your monster's appearance and the creation tools (most of which you have to unlock before you can use) are pretty good. But the actual game portion is severely lacking. You just play a bunch of really mediocre minigames with your monster. There are only a few main types of minigames with a bunch of different variations. Stuff like running, running while jumping over rocks, running while jumping over rocks and ditches, running while jumping over rocks and ditches while wearing a hat. It was really pretty dull.

#12 Ikari Warrior

Ikari Warrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2005 - 10:56 PM

The GC version is supposed to be better than the Xbox, one of the very few instances the Xbox version is second. The GC has some extra graphical effects and less slowdown. IGN did a whole head-to-head on all 3 versions and picked the GC, with screens to show why. The game was built for the GC anyway.

#13 Zenithian Legend

Zenithian Legend

Posted 26 January 2005 - 01:37 AM

I bought Amazing Island when it first came out hoping it would be similar to Monster Rancher. It's not. And it's not very good. The monster creation system is fantastic. If you just want to mess around with creating monsters then you should try it. You have a LOT of control over your monster's appearance and the creation tools (most of which you have to unlock before you can use) are pretty good. But the actual game portion is severely lacking. You just play a bunch of really mediocre minigames with your monster. There are only a few main types of minigames with a bunch of different variations. Stuff like running, running while jumping over rocks, running while jumping over rocks and ditches, running while jumping over rocks and ditches while wearing a hat. It was really pretty dull.

sounda a lot like Mario Party
Posted Image