CAGcast #158: Demos, DLC, and Dummies

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 30 April 2009 - 05:41 AM

Lots of topics covered this week including press junkets, Saints Row 2 DLC, multiplayer map packs, new demos impressions, industry news, new releases, your CAGbag questions and so much more!

Download - 114 minutes, 46MB
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Bonus Photos & Video:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by CheapyD, 03 May 2009 - 01:53 PM.

#2 pLa

pLa

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:04 AM

yay! strange yet appealing intro. listening right now. thanks a lot!

#3 Captain Freeze

Captain Freeze

Totally Party!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:07 AM

alright!

new babycast!

#4 paintball745

paintball745

PHD in deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:07 AM

downloading now.but did the pizza guy run away before you got to meet up with him again?

#5 JohnnyDrama

JohnnyDrama

VICTORY!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:18 AM

awesome, downloading now

#6 Z_meista

Z_meista

The Paragon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:35 AM

alright! time to get my cagcast fix

#7 PacManster17

PacManster17

Nonstop gaming marathons!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 07:09 AM

Yipee skips! Saint's Row 2 DLC? Bet Cheapy's gonna be taking a lot about that.
Posted Image

Spoiler

#8 seventh_sage

seventh_sage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 07:13 AM

Awesome! downloading now. can't wait to listen. i'm sure it will be your best show yet, just a feeling i have. :)

#9 weevles

weevles

Posted 30 April 2009 - 07:28 AM

yay!

#10 SuxoR

SuxoR

What choice did I have?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 07:32 AM

Guess I will play a few games while I listen to this ;]

1xz7eo.gif

#11 fredy182

fredy182

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 07:47 AM

its not in itunes

#12 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:26 AM

The PS3 version of the "Power Pack" DLC is in the form of a patch, so yes, it is a patch. And the Cops n' Robbers patch offers 33 cop cars, which are skins.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#13 HooHaa

HooHaa

Water hazard?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:39 AM

Nelson is clearly a great guy but, to butcher a well known internet meme, 'keep your Rodriguez out of my CAGcast.'

Enjoying the show by the way.

#14 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:51 AM

its not in itunes

You need to subscribe to get it immediately, otherwise you have to wait for iTunes to update.
https://phobos.apple...ast?id=78311760

#15 wiiheat

wiiheat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 12:43 PM

Re: the iPhone apps - It was (mostly) a joke. Every Joe/Jack and John gets an iPhone, then sits next to you and about how great the 'iCat'/'iBeer'/'iLighter'/'iLamp'/'iWhatever' is for the next 3 hours. This wasn't an issue when only one person per party had an iPhone, but now that the "Apple Zombie" infestation is about 10%-40% per crowd, there's no corner to hide in. The only alternative is to crawl as deeply into the bottom of a bottle of beer as possible to hide....

#16 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 12:59 PM

Please don't change the format of the General Gaming Forums!

"If it ain't broke, then don't fix it."

#17 karatechop16

karatechop16

Posted 30 April 2009 - 02:48 PM

Nice intro music. How come you guys don't use that CAG rap intro? I love it!

#18 RanchLizard

RanchLizard

Need more time for games!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 03:05 PM

Interesting conversation about junkets.

Here is a good article about movie junkets, which I'm sure are similar to video game junkets:
http://www.ericdsnid...-a-junket-whore

#19 malice207

malice207

Posted 30 April 2009 - 03:30 PM

great podcast! im jealous that wombat got a good game at the best buy sale i went a day late and there was already nothing there...guess he was right about people going crazy there. also i love the new price tracker feature keep up the good work!

#20 Simmeltron

Simmeltron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 03:32 PM

yay! strange yet appealing intro. listening right now. thanks a lot!

"Move B****, get out the way. Get out the way B****, get out the way!" -Ludacris

#21 ghostofdavid

ghostofdavid

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 04:37 PM

Where is the intro music from? Is it downloadable in whole song form?

#22 jim kilroy

jim kilroy

Posted 30 April 2009 - 04:53 PM

The Swine Flu situation is being blown out of proportion. This'll all pass soon enough. More people kick the bucket from your everyday average illnesses.

Good show guys.

#23 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 05:29 PM

Whats the bonus photo/video going to be?

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

PSN the-nexus6 | Xbox Live Ken the Wizard
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#24 ShinAkumA21

ShinAkumA21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:57 PM

i want to see CheapD Wife and Wombat Wife Lesbian Sex Tape

#25 orko60

orko60

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 07:49 PM

Wombat, Kardashian is an Armenian name. I'm pretty sure they have their own country and language, which isn't Arabic (it's Armenian or Armo, I think).

It's good to hear you guys are digging Red Faction: Guerilla. The whole time I was playing it I was having "holy shit" moments, especially during that on-rails part at the end. I wonder why there is very little talk about it on these boards. Hopefully the full game turns out well.

I knew from the start that the iPhone would be like the new Moto Razr, meaning that half the people who pull out phones would have them. At least they're not completely shitty like the Razr, but it's still annoying. Then again, I rock the Zune, and I've NEVER seen another one in the wild. That makes me hardcore, I think.
Posted Image

#26 XTommyDonX

XTommyDonX

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:28 PM

Great show.

The "Power Pack" DLC term was also used for Lips. It was basically a software update disguised as a free DLC pack that was automatically presented at the start screen. Like SF4's, the Lips pack was something very minimal that basically fixed the errors of the game, something that an update could do anytime. I'm with you guys in regards to thinking that the companies making these fixes are presenting them like gifts to customers. The Lips "DLC" came at the time of the recent price cut, pushing people to have just enough reason to pick it up. It certainly got me, thus being the reason why I now own it.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#27 serenitygod

serenitygod

on the brink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:34 PM

Wombat, 4x4 = 16 just as cheapy says he notices 10 does not equal 20 he misses Wombats fopaw.

Next, the wishlist thing (some things I noticed) no DLC?
I want my VC DLC so it can be tracked. No Modern Warfare 2, another thing mentioned by CheapyD that doesn't exist.

As far as swine flu goes Wombat used the correct term (props) epidemic and not pandemic.

I actually enjoyed this show as the humor was pretty good like the not 1 sticker not...0 but, 2 lol.
Posted Image

[IMG]http://http://www.doggiestylish.com/store/images/wordpress/uploads/2010/08/duck_dog_mask.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/164888.png[/IMG]

#28 SnotRocket

SnotRocket

$20? To much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:47 PM

My experience with the preorder bonus items/powers are that they usually are decent for the beginning of the game then they are just useless. Usually with PC games you get a special power or item that helps you level faster or kill crap faster, but once you actually unlock anything in the game, the free item sucks ass.

Which is a nice bonus to get, but my goodness, if you preorder from somewhere and they give you some Godly power, it could ruin the game and cause other problems besides forcing me to buy it from a particular vendor.

banner1.gif
fss_overall.png

#29 ChernobylCow

ChernobylCow

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:52 PM

Good show.

CheapyD: Thanks for your comments in this show and previous ones about Prince of Persia. I definitely don't think the game is for me after hearing what you said when you felt that you were not in "control" of the prince.

A question for you both (this also deals with both of your comments on CheapyD's play experience with Prince of Persia): How long must you play a game before you can safely say the game is bad/not for "you"/not worth anymore time/isn't worth buying?

Sometimes it's easy to get ragged on here at the CAG for spending 10-20 hours with a rpg (50+game) and saying that the game wasn't good/wasn't going to get good. "Well, it took you 10 hours to figure out you didn't like it! You fucktard! Har har har." How the hell is that any different than watching 25 minutes of a 2 hour movie and saying that it's not getting any better?

#30 serenitygod

serenitygod

on the brink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:13 PM

The idea that you share the info with retailers in order to "influence" sale prices via the "invisible hand." It is a good idea in concept (maybe even theory) but, if I figured out that games were selling at an average consumer geared price point, I would lower the email alert function price and get some other people I know on here to do the same.

It is not like I know alot of cags (in person) but, I know a couple if we all put $1, we may be able to sway the average some. This is not to mention that others would try the same thing.

So if it is the intent to persuade companies to sell a larger amount at a cheaper price. I feel alot of people would intentionally lowball their acceptable price.

Also, I was reading Gameinformer (AC2 issue). They talk about the cutback of X-play to three days a week and AOTS to 4 days a week in their article. They interview a head guy at G4 about X-play and they say, X-play's ratings are the highest they have ever been. Do you think that could be true or just PR? Do you think this could be a result of cutting it back, that somehow people are willing to watch just a few days a week?

Edited by serenitygod, 01 May 2009 - 01:00 AM.

Posted Image

[IMG]http://http://www.doggiestylish.com/store/images/wordpress/uploads/2010/08/duck_dog_mask.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/164888.png[/IMG]