The girl friend gets bored (Need Co-op)

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 the KOPE

the KOPE

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 07:59 PM

I have run into an issue lately and I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this and what the solutions have been. Both the girlfriend and I are hard core gamers. We spend alot of time competing for time on the big screen with the console of choice or bored watching each other.

What are good two player co-op hard core games? (Can be played on one console.)

It needs to be something we can play together that both players get a full experience. Something like Resident Evil 5's and not like Mario Galaxy. I have all the current major players (360, PS3, PS2, and Wii) as well as a Dreamcast. Any system is fine, as there are others that people are probably looking for a game or two on as well. Thanks everyone for your help.

Edited by the KOPE, 30 April 2009 - 08:13 PM.

#2 hiccupleftovers

hiccupleftovers

Worst Poster on CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:10 PM

Crackdown - The Co-Op is fantastic. So much fun.

Las Vegas Limousine - The coolest limos in town!

Los Angeles Limousine

#3 the KOPE

the KOPE

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:12 PM

I forgot to say it in the primer. I am going to update it. You can do it on single console?

#4 Jerajdai

Jerajdai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:13 PM

Left4Dead is fun co-op. I also like Army of Two, but it didn't get great reviews.

#5 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:19 PM

I'll second Army of Two. The story is terrible and the 2 main characters are mindless, macho frat boys (which alone surprises me that I'd even touch the game) but it has some really excellent co-op play, and can be acquired for pretty cheap.

Call of Duty 5's split-screen co-op has a point system for killing guys, as well as where you hit them, which adds some friendly competition to the mix.

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

#6 mission42

mission42

To start, press any key

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:26 PM

The Gears of War games have great co-op but I'm sure you've already got those or played those together. Also COD WAW is pretty fun co-op even though the game tends to suck the co-op brings it together.

#7 smarkbran

smarkbran

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:30 PM

If I am not mistaken Banjo Kazooie has Co-op, and you cant go wrong with Lego Batman/Starwars/Indiana Jones....and Earth Defense Force 2017 is amazing on the 360. All good Co-op games and most are fairly cheap too.

Visit UltraMegaCyborg.com for the latest Gaming and Entertainment News/Reviews and of course: CONTESTS!

Who is Ultra Mega Cyborg:

#8 tankass

tankass

Badass Mutha

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:33 PM

I have a few current gen faves that my brother and I have played and enjoyed. We are currently playing RE 5. But games such as Halo (any of them), Gears of war has good co op and a slew of older games of XBLA or some PSN games. Although this is where MS comes out on top.
It kinda depends on your taste too but I love old classics such as TMNT arcade, Streets of rage, Golden Axe, Double Dragon, etc. etc.). Plus games like bomberman give some vs love. Now these older games are dated, but for 5 bucks its worth a few laughs and a few hours of co op play. (plus you can turn on your partner in a number of these, creating memorable "hate" moments that ive had through the years).

Oh and I just noticed you have a DC. If you can get a copy of Dynamite Cop thats always a multiplayer blast. And Power Stone 1 and 2 are great. Im sure Im forgetting a few too.

#9 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:35 PM

The legos i.e Batman, Star Wars, etc
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#10 jkanownik

jkanownik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:58 PM

http://www.co-optimus.com/

It's amazing how often this comes up.
Posted Image

AC: 4682-1344-1734 (Leenie - Home)

#11 the KOPE

the KOPE

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:01 PM

Thank you for all the help thus far.

#12 Sharp Katana

Sharp Katana

Chillin like a villain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2009 - 03:01 AM

some of the co-op i like to play are Gears of War 2, Call of Duty World at War (Nazi zombie mode), Resistance 2, Dynasty/Samurai Warrior games, Resident Evil Umbrella chronicles

9unm.png

credits to Lilchiji

#13 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2009 - 05:44 AM

I would go old school on her and try some Streets of Rage, or Final Fight type 2 player games.

Kane and Lynch was fun co-op, Arm of two was pretty much built for co - op, and Virtua Tennis doubles matches would be nice co-op experience.
Posted Image

#14 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2009 - 05:58 AM

castle crashers is a great option

#15 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2009 - 08:03 AM

Sonic Genesis Collection to do the Sonic and Streets of Rage games? Tales of Vesperia allows for co-op play during the fights if you like JRPG's. Is Halo Wars co-op only over Live?

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#16 Osiris11235

Osiris11235

Lord of the Deal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2009 - 08:13 AM

If I am not mistaken Banjo Kazooie has Co-op, and you cant go wrong with Lego Batman/Starwars/Indiana Jones....and Earth Defense Force 2017 is amazing on the 360. All good Co-op games and most are fairly cheap too.

Banjo-Kazooie doesn't have Co-op

#17 Tavohl

Tavohl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2009 - 08:32 AM

i saw a video of a girl on a wii fit, i think the boyfriend enjoyed watching her exercise,or at least i did.
Otherwise rockband 2.

#18 mrfossey

mrfossey

Family Love KWal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2009 - 08:35 AM

Ultimate Alliance!
"If you hold out too long you could jeopardize your credit rating!"

Posted Image

#19 Warner1281

Warner1281

Pissing off customers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2009 - 05:51 PM

If you want to go a little bit old school, the PS2 hack 'n slash games are great co-op (Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, Gauntlet series). Also, as someone else suggested, Rock Band is great for this since you guys can play competitive or co-op.
Posted Image

#20 Modest Oddity

Modest Oddity

You can't quit me.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2009 - 07:07 PM

Viva Pinata Trouble in Paradise

#21 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2009 - 03:54 AM

Ultimate Alliance!

^ This

#22 DarkNessBear

DarkNessBear

Posted 03 May 2009 - 04:53 AM

Really Ultimate Alliance? I have that but I'm pretty sure my GF wouldn't play that. Let me see if she would... *grabs game*

She said ok. Hmmm... thanks.

#23 evanft

evanft

Wombat needs Nutrisystem.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2009 - 06:04 AM

Putting It In Her Pooper 3: Pooper's Revenge

#24 LordKefka06

LordKefka06

Follow The Reaper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2009 - 10:08 PM

"Unreal Tournament III" (Xbox 360/PS3)

It goes for about $15-$20 at all stores. And you have to download the free patch to get split-screen.

#25 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2009 - 10:12 PM

Rainbow Six Vegas 1 and 2

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#26 EDiddy0042

EDiddy0042

Posted 05 May 2009 - 01:17 AM

COD:WAW is a shit load of fun, especially w/ the nazi zombie mode.
Posted Image

#27 crzyboy88

crzyboy88

This is a witty title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2009 - 02:15 PM

Doesn't Resident Evil 5 have splitscreen co-op?
Posted Image

Posted Image

#28 joeyd07

joeyd07

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2009 - 03:12 PM

Doesn't Resident Evil 5 have splitscreen co-op?

Yep but its pretty hard to see, especially if you are used to playing it on a single screen.

#29 Eltis

Eltis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2009 - 04:03 PM

It would really help if you gave a few examples of specific games each of you like to play so that we can get a feel for genre and taste.

There is no split screen in Crackdown. Local co-op is via LAN only, which bites bigtime. Same with Saints Row 2.

Get Gears of War 2.

Then Resident Evil 5.

Call of Duty WaW is good, but not as good as the others mentioned.

Looking for something for the Wii? Try House of the Dead Overkill (you will want 2 Perfect Shot guns though).

Also, if you don't mind a puzzle game that is a bit on the cutesy side, Magnetica has EXCELLENT co-op for 1000 Wii points.
>>>
Interested in cooperative gaming? Head to http://www.coopgamer.com and check out the forum for reviews and discussion.

#30 SnotRocket

SnotRocket

$20? To much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2009 - 04:52 PM

Get on Arcade and download Aegis wing (think I spelled it right). It's FREE!! And supports up to 4 players local or online! Took little of an hour to beat it, it's not to bad.

banner1.gif
fss_overall.png