GoGamer Super Powered Madness

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:12 AM

The following are on sale at GoGamer. Check the clock on the product pages for sale ending time.

:ps3: Haze $7.90
:360: Fracture $9.90*
:360: X-Men Origins: Wolverine $49.90
:pc: X-Men Origins: Wolverine $29.90
:pc: Lego Batman $12.90
:pc: Spider-Man: Web of Shadows $4.90*
:pc: Incredible Hulk $4.90
:pc: X-Men: The Official Game $2.90
:pc: Magic the Gathering: Battle Grounds $2.90
:pc: Hidden & Dangerous 2 $2.90
:pc: Paradise $7.90
:pc: Patrician II $1.90
:pc: Agatha Christie Murder on the Orient Express $14.90
:pc: Football Mogul 2007 $1.90
:pc: Shaun White Snowboarding 14.90*
:pc: Ancient Wars: Sparta - The Fate Of Hellas $4.90
:pc: Men of War $19.90*

* International version

Edited by CheapyD, 02 May 2009 - 10:25 AM.

#2 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:24 AM

Some good shit in there.

I really like EndWar (though just for the voice control gimmick, really), and Men of War is an excellent game. Also, for anyone missing an NWN expansion, that's not a bad deal to complete a collection.
Hi...

DID SOMEBODY SAY "TOOT"?!?
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image I WILL MOTHERF--KING BAN THE F--KING SHIT OUT OF YOU Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:28 AM

I played the Wolverine demo last night. I thought it was pretty fun. Not $50 fun though. I wish it and the Spider-Man game for PC were Games for Windows Live. I need my nerd points. :)

#4 Chicago Mafia

Chicago Mafia

Nerd Herd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:35 AM

May have to finally pick up Haze.

#5 Gillespee

Gillespee

Super Mario Striker!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2009 - 11:39 AM

Does anyone know what the difference is between the Spider-Man: Web of Shadows International version and the normal version? I've never bought an international version of a game before and since they were very carfeul to point it out, I want to make sure I'm not making a bad decision. Do I just not get the ESRB rating on the cover? Thanks in advance!

Edited by Gillespee, 02 May 2009 - 02:21 PM.

#6 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2009 - 11:43 AM

Hmmm thinking about Haze

Posted Image

#7 s2k

s2k

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2009 - 11:44 AM

Just so everyone knows haze is hands down on of the worst fps ever created. I tried to play it and had to stop within 20 min because it was that bad. Even if someone paid me I still wouldn't take that game.

#8 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2009 - 11:46 AM

I have not played Shellshock 2.

Fix'd.
Hi...

DID SOMEBODY SAY "TOOT"?!?
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image I WILL MOTHERF--KING BAN THE F--KING SHIT OUT OF YOU Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 s2k

s2k

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2009 - 12:08 PM

Fix'd.

I acutally played through the whole shellshock 2 on my pc and haze makes shellshock 2 look like crysis. Don't get me wrong i am a fps whore and haze is one of the only recent fps that i can think of that was just really ugly.

#10 blazsox

blazsox

Night Prowler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2009 - 12:39 PM

I liked Haze when I rented it off GameFly briefly back when it came out. May finally pick it up for that price.
Posted Image

Currently Playing:
:ps3: Splinter Cell HD Trilogy
:ps3: NBA 2K13
:360: Forza Motorsport 4
Posted Image Lego City Undercover

#11 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 02 May 2009 - 01:15 PM

Definitely picking up some games.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#12 carn311

carn311

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2009 - 02:40 PM

Does anyone know if that Magic the Gathering game is any good? I used to play the card game with my friends constantly when I was a kid...
Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 Phaethon360

Phaethon360

I dream in 1080p

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2009 - 02:45 PM

In for Spider-Man.

#14 Bronson-Lee

Bronson-Lee

VitaTag:GoForBroke94

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2009 - 02:47 PM

Fucka Spider-Man, get Murder On the Orient Express! Game is soooo boss.

#15 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 02 May 2009 - 02:53 PM

Got Spider-man, Lego Batman and Wolverine.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#16 Gaming-Module

Gaming-Module

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2009 - 03:00 PM

Almost want to get Fracture, but between Timeshift and Jericho I think I've spent enough money on mediocre but still enjoyable at <$20 shooters.

#17 mikejenks

mikejenks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2009 - 03:02 PM

Almost want to get Fracture, but between Timeshift and Jericho I think I've spent enough money on mediocre but still enjoyable at <$20 shooters.

I'm in the same boat, already have Timeshift and Dark Sector in the backlog, as well as Quake Wars
Posted ImagePosted Image

#18 Gaming-Module

Gaming-Module

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2009 - 03:03 PM

LOL, I forgot I have Dark Sector as well!

#19 Treythalomew

Treythalomew

Add me on PSN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2009 - 03:16 PM

Gonna try for Haze just because I don't own my actual PS3 games. Although last time I ordered during a GoGamer sale, I didn't hear anything from them for a month till I was told by Google Checkout that my order was canceled.
Posted Image

#20 wampa8jedi

wampa8jedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2009 - 03:24 PM

Does anyone know if that Magic the Gathering game is any good? I used to play the card game with my friends constantly when I was a kid...

IMO, it's complete crap--it is NOT the card game you know.
[chipinsig]e944447abb96f9f0[/chipinsig]

#21 iHack

iHack

1337 H4X0R

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2009 - 03:27 PM

Def in for Haze @ that price... Might as well... xD
Posted Image

#22 iHack

iHack

1337 H4X0R

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2009 - 03:28 PM

Gonna try for Haze just because I don't own my actual PS3 games. Although last time I ordered during a GoGamer sale, I didn't hear anything from them for a month till I was told by Google Checkout that my order was canceled.

Don't scare me! :hot:
Posted Image

#23 Jalu

Jalu

jalu1-5 was already taken

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2009 - 03:29 PM

Does anyone know what the difference is between the Spider-Man: Web of Shadows International version and the normal version? I've never bought an international version of a game before and since they were very carfeul to point it out, I want to make sure I'm not making a bad decision. Do I just not get the ESRB rating on the cover? Thanks in advance!

The International Version for Windows games doesn't make any difference. Ive bought a few International tagged games from GoGamer before and never had a problem. The only thing you may see is a different rating system on the box. But Windows is Windows and it will play anywhere.

However my question is the International version of Fracture. 360 games are region locked, so if I spend the $10 since I couldn't find it at the BB sale, will it play?

#24 mxpowar

mxpowar

Menace II Sobriety

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2009 - 03:37 PM

IMO, it's complete crap--it is NOT the card game you know.

It kind of plays like a fighting game except you have spells instead of punches and kicks. Not a good game especially if you're looking for a Magic card-battling game which this is not. If you have an Xbox 360, there is a Magic card-battling game coming for XBLA within the next two months. I believe it's called Duels of the Planeswalkers.

#25 AndrewCP

AndrewCP

I'veGotBallsOfSteel!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2009 - 03:40 PM

highly recommend getting Web of Shadows if you own a mid to high-range system. but even at that price I'd get it regardless and wait til you could play it some day, haven't played a Spidey game as good as that in a while.
Posted Image
Thanks to QiG for the kick-ass Duke Nukem Cocksmas Avatar

#26 raccoon2k

raccoon2k

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2009 - 03:54 PM

The International Version for Windows games doesn't make any difference. Ive bought a few International tagged games from GoGamer before and never had a problem. The only thing you may see is a different rating system on the box. But Windows is Windows and it will play anywhere.

However my question is the International version of Fracture. 360 games are region locked, so if I spend the $10 since I couldn't find it at the BB sale, will it play?

I've purchased the International version of Fracture (Australian, actually) from GoGamer and it worked fine on my US 360.

#27 celticmoose

celticmoose

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2009 - 04:11 PM

I got Haze. I too rented it from Gamefly back when it first came out, and me and a friend had fun playing it coop. For 11 bucks sheet, why not add it to the collection. :)

#28 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2009 - 04:34 PM

You can get Neverwinter Nights: Diamond for cheaper than getting each individual component through this sale.

#29 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2009 - 04:51 PM

A friend of mine here on CAG and I got Haze for $10 back when BB had it on sale a while ago. It's one of those games that's SOOOO bad it becomes awesome.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#30 Snirandone

Snirandone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2009 - 05:13 PM

I bit on Fracture. I played the demo. Although mediocre, I can find myself enjoying this game. Haze is tempting but I hear that it's a really bad game. Besides, I'm kind of sick of 1st person shooters and I have like 5 games that I haven't even played yet. I hate you CAG.