• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 bigwoof

bigwoof

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2009 - 04:33 PM

http://store.steampo....com/news/2489/

steam makes it a point that these are the developers that did command and conquer. anyone know anything good or bad about this $5 rts

#2 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2009 - 05:03 PM

it's not spectacular but it's a good play through. the different races aren't completely out there but it's good.

$5 is a good price!

#3 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2009 - 05:07 PM

Damn damn $5 I am trying so hard not to buy it. I am so back logged with all my games.

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#4 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

IGN review. 8.0
http://pc.ign.com/ar...1/841719p1.html

Very tempting.

#5 Guy Legend

Guy Legend

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Buy it. It's easily worth this price!

#6 earvcunanan

earvcunanan

I'm cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2009 - 05:09 PM

Holy crap, and it has Achievements that tie in with your Xbox Live GT! Gonna buy this, thanks OP!

#7 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 08 May 2009 - 05:10 PM

Meh.

#8 SuperTongue

SuperTongue

CAG Creeper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2009 - 05:16 PM

I bit, I need an RTS anyway.
Posted Image

Posted Image

:3ds: 3DS Friend Code: 4167 - 4522 - 4223

#9 RoboPhish

RoboPhish

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2009 - 05:23 PM

Its ok, I picked this up for 5$ retail at Ollies Bargain outlet about 8 months ago. A sadly forgettable RTS but a good start for the Petroglyph boys (aka westwood studios!)
Posted Image

#10 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2009 - 05:23 PM

How's the *SINGLE* player on it? I kind of think this was the game with a really lame single player, like not even any bases or resources or something in single player? That's the part I like best, so....

And does the retail game have activation? Does this one have any DRM BESIDES Steam?

I tried the demo for this on the 360, and thought it was unplayable...but that's 'cause of the game pad so I might like this fine.

Obviously for $5 I'm thinking about it... (And that Defense Grid...dang, Valve actually has ME buying stuff from them! :-D )
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#11 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2009 - 05:24 PM

Its ok, I picked this up for 5$ retail at Ollies Bargain outlet about 8 months ago. A sadly forgettable RTS but a good start for the Petroglyph boys (aka westwood studios!)

I actually hated their Star Wars game that came out before this though :-( Soooo not sure if this is for me.
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
[LIST]

Posted Image

#12 janitor

janitor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2009 - 05:26 PM

Im going to bite. My steam account iis so backlogged, I havent touched Lost Planet or Tomb Raider from the $5 sales.

#13 qwerty1

qwerty1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2009 - 05:33 PM

this deal actually sucks comparative to some of their others. Universe @ War has been less than $10 off sites like Amazon for months.

#14 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2009 - 05:38 PM

Hmm...yeah, I see it's $8 on Amazon, and I *guess* it just has a disc check version activation on this version.

I'm not sure about the game itself though...
[LIST]

Posted Image

#15 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2009 - 06:02 PM

Hmm...think i'm going to pass on this one. I already have enough RTS games in my backlog and I'm broke as it is.

#16 juggernot91

juggernot91

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2009 - 06:06 PM

Nice 5 dollar deal and solid ratings. Yes, it's cheap elsewhere but not this cheap...
Posted Image Game-A-Holic :)

#17 Serik

Serik

Stack of doom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2009 - 06:09 PM

Heh, it's been $6 at Big Lots for months. Passed it up several times already.

At least I got Defense Grid for $5

http://img22.imageshack.us/my.php?image=userbar2kk9.jpgPosted Image
Playing:
:pc: Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, Team Fortress 2

#18 Rollett

Rollett

For Love and Peace!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2009 - 06:10 PM

Tryed the game and when compaired to most other RTS's its horrid and unplayable.. my big gripe was a VERY limited zoom feature.

#19 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2009 - 06:14 PM

this deal actually sucks comparative to some of their others. Universe @ War has been less than $10 off sites like Amazon for months.

$8 plus you have to pay shipping and tax so how is $5 not a great deal for this game?

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#20 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2009 - 06:28 PM

can anyone confirm how a GFW game works with steam? Do you still sign onto xbox live? Do you get xbl achievements through the steam version?

1080i is for douchebags

#21 Irukandji

Irukandji

Gold Guns Girls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2009 - 06:30 PM

My local big lots has these for 6 bucks plus they come with a free month of xbox live.

card.png

#22 ddrpower

ddrpower

MMO fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2009 - 06:40 PM

can anyone confirm how a GFW game works with steam? Do you still sign onto xbox live? Do you get xbl achievements through the steam version?

If it's anything like Fallout 3(which used GFW), it installs the GFW UI, then in order to go online with the game(for F3, it was achievements, I assume its achieves + multiplayer for this game), you have to input the CD-key, then log in to the UI. The game creates a profile linked to that account so you earn achievements and show up on the service(if you so choose).
Just a PC Gamer on Steam and League of Legends. Always remember: Have fun, never at the complete expense of others.

#23 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2009 - 06:43 PM

$8 plus you have to pay shipping and tax so how is $5 not a great deal for this game?

Shipping and tax for some people. He's not saying its not a deal, just that it's not as mind blowing as it might first look.
[LIST]

Posted Image

#24 AntiCommie

AntiCommie

Posted 08 May 2009 - 06:44 PM

Not a bad game, but when I got it 6+ months ago, I couldnt find a match online at all. I doubt its gotten much better. Singleplayer was ok, but not great.

#25 necrojustice

necrojustice

is fighting Tyson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2009 - 06:54 PM

I'm tempted with this, I enjoyed the demo.
I also just got back into Starcraft, so it may be like going from Filet Mignon to a Turd Sandwich :(

#26 KingDox

KingDox

Scream My Name

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2009 - 06:56 PM

Hmm...think i'm going to pass on this one. I already have enough RTS games in my backlog and I'm broke as it is.

Bingo, I still have C&C3 and Supreme Comander in my backlog. Anytime I have a RTS in my backlog I know it will sit there since I really need a big window of time before I play it.

#27 bigwoof

bigwoof

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2009 - 06:58 PM

well, seems like the real deal this week was defense grid lol

#28 nexen

nexen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2009 - 06:59 PM

Take my opinion with a grain of salt as I usually do not like RTS games, but I really enjoyed Universe at War. One of the few RTS games I've ever managed to play the entire campaign all the way through on. I liked it a lot more than Supreme Commander.
The graphics are very good, the factions are diverse, and the walkers are an absolute blast to play with. The limited zoom does suck, yeah, but if you can get past that the gameplay is awesome.
I do admit that I hated the storyline. Too camp for the art direction. Also the community is probably long since gone so I wouldn't expect to get much out of the online portion.

Still, well worth $5 for single player imho.

#29 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2009 - 07:06 PM

Take my opinion with a grain of salt as I usually do not like RTS games, but I really enjoyed Universe at War. One of the few RTS games I've ever managed to play the entire campaign all the way through on. I liked it a lot more than Supreme Commander.
The graphics are very good, the factions are diverse, and the walkers are an absolute blast to play with. The limited zoom does suck, yeah, but if you can get past that the gameplay is awesome.
I do admit that I hated the storyline. Too camp for the art direction. Also the community is probably long since gone so I wouldn't expect to get much out of the online portion.

Still, well worth $5 for single player imho.

Cool, well single player's what I care about, so I think I'll pick it up (except I think I'll get the Amazon version for $2 more since someone pointed that out).
[LIST]

Posted Image

#30 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2009 - 09:31 PM

purchased and installed..

everytime i launch though i get an error message that says "Games for windows live failed to initialize and game will start in offlne mode" or w.e

wtf

1080i is for douchebags