• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 05:49 PM

Is this game going to be good?

#3 gave1

gave1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:09 PM

in for 1. With the code you get from the ECA for use with amazon purchases, you get an additional 10% off ($5.40), so the total is about $48.50. Game is looking to be an incredible open-world experience.

#4 Nesmaster75

Nesmaster75

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:09 PM

No one really knows yet. I've read some hands on articles and people seemed to like it so far. I personally think it will be great because I have a lot of faith in Sucker Punch. Most likely one of the must own titles if you own a PS3 though.
Posted Image

The O.C Re-runs on Soapnet
Remember The Black Donnellys? How about Saved?

#5 guessed

guessed

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:10 PM

Very likely.

I am having a very hard time resisting these pre-orders (and an ECA membership to make them even cheaper). With TN tax at 9.25 %, buying from Amazon (using ECA discount) would save me almost $17 over buying from Gamestop. The only things holding me back are that I still have some Gamestop credit, and I can wait until I find it used (hopefully during a B2G1).
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#6 thrinn

thrinn

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:11 PM

"Signs point to yes"

#7 GenDV138

GenDV138

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:25 PM

Thanks OP, I was waiting for Amazon to drop the pre-order price on this like they have on other games. $48.59 with the ECA discount is not bad at all!

#8 mywhitenoise

mywhitenoise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:38 PM

Amazon just lowered the price to $53.99. It comes with a free HOME costume...if you're into that.
Posted Image

#9 emeraldgsl

emeraldgsl

Beginning of the End

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:43 PM

Cool Thanks. Will Order And Maybe Decide Based On The Early Demo Access I Got From Best Buy.
Posted Image

#10 leshrac55

leshrac55

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:43 PM

Amazon just lowered the price to $53.99. It comes with a free HOME costume...if you're into that.

Was debating pre-ordering it, but was also waiting until they lowered the pre-order price. I think I'll pull the trigger on this one, particularly since everyone seemed so enthused with the Uncharted 2 multiplayer too...

#11 disillusion386

disillusion386

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:44 PM

Woo!! Finally we get a lower than MSRP preorder deal. Thanks OP!

#12 OGHowie

OGHowie

Old Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:46 PM

I cannot decide between this and Prototype. I wish this game had coop.

#13 Wildcat1080

Wildcat1080

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:49 PM

It sucks that Gamestop has the best "pre-order" bonus. An actual in-game power or a HOME costume? :(

I cannot decide between this and Prototype. I wish this game had coop.

Gahhhhhh I can't stand crap like this. Why are people comparing it to Prototype? Prototype isn't even in the same league. I don't even know how the Prototype trailers got past people with all the jankiness and buggy animations. The game will be an unpolished mess.

#14 Pck21

Pck21

Beware the Ides of March

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:55 PM

Yea I will decide once I play the demo. Good to know that Amazon has it for this price because my ECA discount will make it lower than $50. Can't complain about that.

If I pre-order at Best Buy, do I have to pay in full or can I just put $5 down?
Currently Playing:

Onlive ID: Hand2Gland - Add Me!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Two wrongs don't make a right, I suppose, but three rights make a left and it makes me feel like the goddamn Batman.

#15 charlescheese

charlescheese

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:58 PM

NewEgg has it for the same price, I believe, and if you go with free shipping, NewEgg is much faster IMO. I preordered KZ2 from Amazon and it took 2 weeks to get it. I wasn't too happy.

Here's a link to NewEgg: http://www.newegg.co...N82E16879261078

Same price, free shipping, and I'm pretty sure they don't intentionally delay free shipping shipments like Amazon does.

Edited by charlescheese, 30 April 2009 - 07:13 PM.

#16 OGHowie

OGHowie

Old Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 07:03 PM

Gahhhhhh I can't stand crap like this. Why are people comparing it to Prototype? Prototype isn't even in the same league. I don't even know how the Prototype trailers got past people with all the jankiness and buggy animations. The game will be an unpolished mess.

lol. Yeah I'm definitely waiting for a demo before I pick one of these games up.

#17 leshrac55

leshrac55

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 07:04 PM

It sucks that Gamestop has the best "pre-order" bonus. An actual in-game power or a HOME costume? :(

Of course... inFamous is the one that pushed it's release date up so as (seemingly) not to compete with Prototype. To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if both games end up being sort of meh.

#18 charlescheese

charlescheese

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 07:10 PM

Of course... inFamous is the one that pushed it's release date up so as (seemingly) not to compete with Prototype. To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if both games end up being sort of meh.

Except that every journalist I've heard of that's played it thinks it's awesome and great fun. They said it's one of the few games that actually rewards you for choosing to be evil.

#19 leshrac55

leshrac55

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 07:17 PM

Except that every journalist I've heard of that's played it thinks it's awesome and great fun. They said it's one of the few games that actually rewards you for choosing to be evil.

Hopefully... I've been getting more and more skeptical of "journalists" with these games, since I thought GTA4 was not really that great... and more recently RE5, which isn't even in the same league as RE4 if you ask me (though it does look really nice).

#20 charlescheese

charlescheese

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 07:25 PM

Hopefully... I've been getting more and more skeptical of "journalists" with these games, since I thought GTA4 was not really that great... and more recently RE5, which isn't even in the same league as RE4 if you ask me (though it does look really nice).

I hear you. I do think that if you listened to what journalists were saying about RE5, and then looked at the review scores, you would have heard a big disparity. There was actually quite a lot of criticism for RE5, though it seems the bulk of them loved coop so much that they rated it too high. So far all I've heard on Infamous is excitement. It could suck, but you couple the developer's pedigree with what looks like a fun game, coupled with pretty much universally positive impressions, and I think it's safe to say it'll at least be very good.

#21 ReturnOfTheRAT

ReturnOfTheRAT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 07:40 PM

That's cheaper than my previous Goldbox offer. Time to re-order it.

#22 Grinchy

Grinchy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:31 PM

Oh man....might have to bite here. Can't really imagine that there will be much better deals coming for it around launch time. I want this game right away too.

#23 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:48 PM

Apparently, there's going to be beta codes for the Uncharted 2 multiplayer in the first print of this game...

Currently playing:
:psp: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - :) :bomb:

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#24 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:13 PM

And purchased! I'm loving the ECA discounts so far. $48.50 shipped is a great deal.

decker%2001.jpg

#25 Darknyss

Darknyss

Trophies 4TW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:44 PM

Awesome. I was waiting for a good amazon price. Thanks!

#26 ballhawg1234

ballhawg1234

Posted 01 May 2009 - 12:36 AM

What is ECA?

#27 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2009 - 02:31 AM

What is ECA?

Seriously, not the greatest detective work I've ever seen -- here you go:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=219382

decker%2001.jpg

#28 Orion_of_Chaos

Orion_of_Chaos

Aye aye, Seaguy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2009 - 02:51 AM

Thanks for the heads-up, OP. In for $48.59 with the ECA coupon.
Posted Image

#29 jatty

jatty

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2009 - 03:08 AM

Already preordered this through Amazon with my ECA discount. Will amazon automatically reduce the price to 48.59 or will I have to preorder again and cancel my old order?

#30 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2009 - 03:58 AM

Already preordered this through Amazon with my ECA discount. Will amazon automatically reduce the price to 48.59 or will I have to preorder again and cancel my old order?

I'd go the latter way. It might work the other way, but it'll be a big hassel and it's so much easier just to cancel, get another code and preorder again.

decker%2001.jpg