BrooKlyn Bum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2009 - 02:23 PM

pretty cool had fun
penalty pts make some mp matches last a while
no schlongs on cam only a matter of time
hopefully some dlc will be free
Posted ImagePosted Image
You can kill a cow(mo0) and eat it. But you can't pick a plant and Smoke it?
Assy Ass Ass , Ass Ass.

XBox 360 is for Poor people

#2 Breakpoint

Breakpoint

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2009 - 02:40 PM

I saw the demo up, I will give it a spin.

#3 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2009 - 03:18 PM

Good demo. Feels more polished than the XBLA pinball game, even though it's made by the same people. Not sure how I feel about it yet. 4 tables for $10 doesn't seem awful, but I'm curious about DLC content pricing. I have the XBLA game and all the tables for it, and I'm hoping they won't dupe anything here.

#4 cartman58

cartman58

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2009 - 04:21 PM

A lot of fun. Wish they had more than 4 tables. Hopefully free or low-priced DLC to come. They have a specific section for "downloadable content" so I'm sure it's coming. But I'm not paying $4 for another table.

#5 ceckman

ceckman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2009 - 07:51 PM

Picked it up yesterday as I'm a big Pinball fan. I prefer emulation of real pins like Williams HOF (which is supposed to be coming to PS3 and Xbox360 this summer) but I like any video pins as long as the physics are decent and the tables interesting.

I've only had a little time with this one. I'd agree with others in that it seems to be a step up from the Pinball FX on the 360. There is a nice feature to edit the table settings using the LCD display like they used to have in the Pro Pinball series for PC. Also the multiplayer play seems like it could be fun, but when I tried it the game froze up on me half way into it. Finally I looked at some of the info in the table rules section and as opposed to Pinball FX at least they tell you how to unlock some of the bonuses, such as multiball and extra balls for each table. It's not as nice as the walkthroughs in Williams PHOF for Wii but at least there is something.

Overall, I think it's a good deal at $2.50/pin and I hope they'll keep that price model. Maybe once I play some more I'll post a longer review. Here's an online review I just found.

#6 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2009 - 08:43 PM

Seriously considering getting this. Pinball FX is my most-played XBLA game. I'm just afraid that if I buy it this week, Sprint will be giving it away for free in June. ;)

BTW : That review didn't even mention the total number of tables. What are the table's themes?

decker%2001.jpg

#7 ceckman

ceckman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2009 - 09:37 PM

There are 4 tables included thus about $2.50/table.

Tesla - Science/Scientist Electrical theme
V12 - Muscle Car theme
Shaman - Tiki/Jungle theme
El Dorado - Adventure/Treasure Hunter theme

Overall a fairly good variety and they play different.

#8 ceckman

ceckman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2009 - 02:19 AM

IGN review is up.

And the Official Site has some good info on rules under the Tables heading.

Played some more tonight and I'm very impressed. Definitely an upgrade from Pinball FX. The options and feel of some of the tables remind me of the Pro Pinball series. Tesla in particular brings back memories of Fantastic Journey...mostly I think it is the guy's voice in the game.

I wish that they had mapped the nudge function to the six-axis motion sensor the same way that William's PHOF used the Wii's motion sensor. Wonder if it could be added in an update.

Edited by ceckman, 16 May 2009 - 02:32 AM.

#9 Romis

Romis

Honor Among CAGS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2009 - 04:17 AM

Zen is a very good looking game, so glad they kept it at $10
likely a reason why it only has 4 tables.. with many of the game poppin' up at over $10 they probably made the right decision

I was surprised there wasn't more penalties for bumping and causing a 'Tilt' alarm..

#10 Zyzomys

Zyzomys

Posted 16 May 2009 - 02:56 PM

I wish you could change the view in the demo. It is OK when you activate multiball, otherwise it feels like you are playing through a child's eyes or the main character in Killzone 2 :).

#11 freakyzeeky

freakyzeeky

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2009 - 04:54 PM

I'm enjoying this game thus far... I'm impressed with just how realistic the physics engine is, though just as in real life... I suck at pinball. :lol:

#12 smiggity

smiggity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2009 - 05:39 PM

Havent played much but plan on trying out all 4 tables today. It was solid when I tried it though, after I figured out how to switch the camera view
"Like Normal People"
Virtual trophies are for those who have nothing they excel at in reality.

Posted Image
"Confrontation is the one among many of its kind that will only be used by the elite players and clans. All others who only want to play for a few hours and dream of a new generation of experience, should choose another game"-Eurogamer

#13 x3x1x

x3x1x

So fresh and so clean

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2009 - 07:25 PM

To switch the view you just use the [ ] button. There's 5 or 6, I prefer number 3. Not a fan of the Shaman table because I suck at it. Hopped online last night which was kinda fun. It has Audio/Video chat just like the PSN Poker game that came out a long while ago (I forget the name). The mode I played, you have an unlimited number of balls and each player basically races to a certain score, in my game it was first to 5 million.

#14 cartman58

cartman58

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2009 - 10:27 PM

Anybody having this game lock up much? It locked up on me earlier today. Since then, every attempt to go into multiplayer mode has resulted in a PS3 lock-up. It's happened 5-6 times now. I'm going to quit playing until it gets resolved. If anyone knows who to contact about this, please do.

#15 melokeith

melokeith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2009 - 03:12 AM

Anybody having this game lock up much? It locked up on me earlier today. Since then, every attempt to go into multiplayer mode has resulted in a PS3 lock-up. It's happened 5-6 times now. I'm going to quit playing until it gets resolved. If anyone knows who to contact about this, please do.

I just got on here to post the same question. Multi online has locked up my ps3 twice out of 3 tries. Hopefully it gets resolved.

#16 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2009 - 03:19 AM

i like the game but i dont think its worth 10 bucks at 5 id get it because i know for me it would be one of those im bored ill play it for a bit games. i do like that you can use your own music on it.

#17 smiggity

smiggity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2009 - 11:51 PM

Hello all pinball lovers as you all know their have been some problems with the game "zen pinball" so i contacted the company and this is what they wrote. (good news)

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us!

We are already working a a small patch, this shall be available in a
week. I am sorry for the problem!

Thanks,
Zsolt

Copied from PS Forums

Email sent : May 21, 2009
"Like Normal People"
Virtual trophies are for those who have nothing they excel at in reality.

Posted Image
"Confrontation is the one among many of its kind that will only be used by the elite players and clans. All others who only want to play for a few hours and dream of a new generation of experience, should choose another game"-Eurogamer

#18 melokeith

melokeith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2009 - 01:31 AM

great - thanks for the update smiggity... I was wondering about it, but didn't take the initiative to do anything about it!

#19 smiggity

smiggity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2009 - 06:56 PM

Im still waiting for the official tournaments or whatnot.

No prob on the update, hopefully more info comes out

#20 Romis

Romis

Honor Among CAGS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2009 - 06:58 PM

I've been reading about the problems with multi-player, but I find my problems are that game crashes when it trys to load, the screen will just get stuck black and on the intro music.. It worked fine for about a week now its a 60/40 chance it will freeze or lock up after picking a table... UGH this sucks

#21 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 26 May 2009 - 07:03 PM

When playing muliplayer, everytime, the "connection has been lost". Not on my end though.
Posted Image

#22 smiggity

smiggity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2009 - 07:51 PM

Everytime?? It only happens to me once in a while. Maybe 20 percent of thhe time

#23 smiggity

smiggity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2009 - 12:43 AM

#19 Perrandy - sorry for the delay , it is 23.27 over here, and we have just finished the mastering for the Zen Pinball patch. The patch will make the multiplayer / scoreboards handling rock solid, and have included some extras, like better navigation on scoreboards and nudging the tables using sixaxis - and this works great! Patch shall be onin some days, thank you for your patience!

#24 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2009 - 12:46 AM

Better navigation of the scoreboard would come in handy.

Posted Image

#25 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 30 May 2009 - 04:26 PM

yes everytime (although that was only 5 times) sixaxis nudge will be cool. I've got the bad habit of hitting both sticks when I want to nudge the table; moving the scoreboard or making it disappear
Posted Image

#26 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2009 - 04:42 PM

the demo has me sold... the 4 tables things upsets me, but after playing the el dorado table for some hours, it took me a while to learn how to hit the shots exactly where they need to go, so learning each table does take some time, and of course more time to perfect. 4 tables my be good, but hey, if the devs can through in a free table or two, and then some $DLC then I'd be alright with that
Posted Image

#27 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2009 - 11:59 AM

El Dorado is the best imo (and its what hooked me obviously). I think its the simplicity of it and how easy it is to understand what needs to be done to get points.

Posted Image

#28 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 31 May 2009 - 02:56 PM

El Dorado is the best imo (and its what hooked me obviously). I think its the simplicity of it and how easy it is to understand what needs to be done to get points.

agreed, i put tesla at the v12 at the bottom of my list
Posted Image

#29 smiggity

smiggity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2009 - 04:10 PM

I like Shaman and Tesla

#30 freakyzeeky

freakyzeeky

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2009 - 04:26 PM

Tesla table is my favorite, since I'm a science geek and it uses electromagnetic terminology. ;)