Photo
- - - - -

Official NHL 10 CAG Team REBOOT - CheapyD All Stars - Hockey Night Fridays @ 8-12 EST

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1546 replies to this topic

#1 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2009 - 10:35 PM

In an effort to salvage the hockey season and throw something together, the CAG team has regrouped and resimplified. Rather than going with any over the top monikers, you can find this new creation listed as the CheapyD All Stars.

Anyone who wants to be a part of the team is more than welcome, and no invitations are needed because, at the present, the team is public. We are still trying to play on Friday nights from 8 PM EST to 12 AM EST. If you'd like to play, please feel free to join us.

Club Overview
http://www.easportsw...104921/overview

Current Roster
Number | CAG Name | XBL Gamertag | Skater Name | Preferred Position
#9 | DestroVega | DestroVega | Abe Froman | Left Wing/Center
#10 | KasterDB | KasterDB | Kieran Shaw | Right Wing/Left Wing
#11 | ChunkyB | ChunkyBasty | Cole Duke | Right Wing/Left Wing
#14 | SeanAmI | S3anAmI | Trip Inurma | Right Wing
#15 | taloncarde | talonunt | ?? | Right Wing
#16 | Regian | Regian | Shaun Uno Seis | Right Defenseman
#21 | Kazo | SG Kazo | Jay Willis | Left Defenseman/Left Wing
#21 | moojuice | moojuiced | Explosive Diarrhea | Left Defenseman/Goalie/Left Wing
#24 | DarkTower80 | DarkTower80 | Chesty McHooters | Right Wing/Right Defenseman
#35 | Magicking610 | Magicking610 | Now on VHS LOST | Left Wing/Goalie/Left Defenseman
#37 | Matt Young | X Matt Young X | Cooch Filibuster | Center/Right Wing
#39 | n8rockerasu | n8rocker82 | Buster Filicooch | Center/Left Defenseman/Left Wing
#?? | striker199 | sTRIKER1999 | Kyle Rivera | ??

OLD TEAM INFO
Spoiler

HOW TO SIGN UP
Keep in mind, the CAG team has an official weekly Hockey Night on Fridays from 8PM EST - UNTIL (usually 12-1AM EST), but we do play other random times throughout the week as well.

If you're interested in taking part in these fun and awesome community gatherings, just find the team in the game (search "CAG" or "CheapyD All Stars"), and join. The team is public, so no invite or approval is needed. And be sure to post in the thread and include the following information:
Team Choice | Number | CAG Name | XBL Gamertag | Skater Name | Preferred Position

CUSTOM SOUNDPACK
As you may or may not know, NHL 10 allows people to set their own custom playlists for in game events (team intros, goals, penalties, etc.). The great thing about this is you can stream the music from your computer and have the playlists pre-set. All you have to do is assign them to the specific events in game. A new pack is being worked on for this year (with a projected release of 10/1). Details can be found here.

http://www.thebreaka....ad.php?t=37736

And here's a direct link to his file directory so you can check out some of the preview clips he's posted. Sounds pretty good so far.

http://koti.mbnet.fi/insider/

Also, here's a link to last year's pack with full instructions on how to install it. I'd recommend waiting for the new one, but this will at least give everyone an idea of how it works.

http://www.thebreaka...ead.php?t=21508

PRE-RELEASE INFO
Spoiler

Edited by CAGLeagueSports, 01 September 2010 - 07:08 PM.

Do you have what it takes to compete?

#2 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2009 - 10:40 PM

I'm in baby!

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 22 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#3 Pure Apathy

Pure Apathy

I got paid!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2009 - 10:57 PM

I'll definitely do this!

Formerly known as RawisJericho

Posted Image

#4 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2009 - 11:04 PM

this game will own

Destro1.gif            DestroVega.jpg

#5 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:20 AM

Division 285 or bust!! :)

#6 TC

TC

Better w/o Kinect

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2009 - 03:12 AM

Corey Perry. EA must have had a budget cut. Too bad they couldn't have motion captured him getting rag dolled by Jonathan Ericsson.

#7 Jest

Jest

Take this!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2009 - 03:38 AM

Can't wait for this. Also, why Corey Perry? Even Getzlaf would have been a better choice.

Whats your guys wish list for this year?

My biggest is a fantasy draft mode for both season and dynasty.

go wings go

Edited by Jest, 19 May 2009 - 04:06 AM.

#8 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2009 - 05:07 AM

Multiple controlled user teams in Dynasty.
Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#9 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:34 PM

My biggest thing on the wishlist, since I play mostly online, is to have many more goalie animations. Hell, this applies to offline as well.

They need to do something so that if a player goes to a certain area of the ice, the goalie is in the BEST possible position to stop it.

Some other things:

They need to make it so that if you're doing a toe drag you have about a 5% chance of actually getting the puck on net. Will cut that down drastically.

Goalies, as I said above, need to be able to poke check or put their glove down on cross crease passes that go literally inches in front of them.

Fix the stick lifts. I see a stick lift happen maybe once a game and that could be an exaggeration. Players are too strong to be lifted constantly like they are in this game.

Fix the poke checks. If someone spams the poke check button they need to have a negative consequence to them. Like you can only hit it once every two seconds or you move very slow while you're doing it. It's impossible against some teams to even get in the zone because of that, and dumping and chasing isn't very effective in this game.

That's all I got right now. I'd be happy if I just got the goalie animations I want though, which by watching that video in the other thread, I think we're gonna get.

#10 devilman2075

devilman2075

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:53 PM

09 is an awesome game, its really the only game I play anymore but I know 10 will be better...the only things id like to see is

Improved shot/pass blocking...too many times passes and shots go right through prefectly positioned players, it helps and hurts each player so make it uniform, pucks can't go through people

Poke checks and stick lifts are abused, a delay would be awesome

Online play needs a finish against cpu mode like madden, I'm pretty good and everytime I play quicjk ranked I have to play about 5 games to finish 1...rather annoying that someone can't takwe a loss but takes a high dnf...and give the quitter a loss...my records like 120-40-10 and it should be more like 220-40-10

Fantasy draft!!!

Skills competition

I like the goalie idea, too many people glitch shot...I can't even begin how many times I've lost a game where my opponent scored 5 or more goals just coming around my net and five hole glitch

#11 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:54 PM

Corey Perry?!?!?! Did EA accept payment from him to be on the cover?
How high is your True GamerScore? Join the CAG Leaderboard on TrueAchievements.com to find out!

Join the CAG GamerScore Whore Group here!

#12 queefdemon

queefdemon

Posted 19 May 2009 - 03:18 PM

The only things I think need to be fixed in this version are:
-Fighting, NHL2k9 on wii was a horrible game, but it had the best fighting mechanics I have ever seen in a hockey game to date.
-Fantasy Draft, why did they take this out to begin with?
-Skills Competition during the all star break, they have some of these events in practice mode, might as well just put it in the damn game already! NHL 97 for genesis had it.
-The Olympics, instead of having a month long gap in your season why not give you the option of playing as any of the olympic teams?
-Interference never gets called! When playing my cousin he likes hitting guys that arent even in the play so I have no one to pass to, and penalties are rarely called.
-Player overall upgrades. I created myself and started a dynasty. My overall was a 79, I scored 115 goals and had 183 points, my overall increased to an 80, really an 80?

even with its mistakes that are few and far between, the NHL series is the best and most realistic sports game I have ever played.

#13 queefdemon

queefdemon

Posted 19 May 2009 - 03:18 PM

Oh one other thing, that stupid glitch when your guys fans on a one timer and just kind of sits there frozen, that needs to be addressed.

#14 Pck21

Pck21

Beware the Ides of March

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2009 - 04:39 PM

I'm loving what they have in store for this franchise next year! Day 1 purchase as always!
Currently Playing:

Onlive ID: Hand2Gland - Add Me!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Two wrongs don't make a right, I suppose, but three rights make a left and it makes me feel like the goddamn Batman.

#15 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2009 - 04:50 PM

I think you need to update the Post with your Starting Lineup Nate ;)

Vulcan7905.png

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#16 buffcorp

buffcorp

Paingression

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2009 - 05:01 PM

fix all the cheap shitty goals so maybe i won't break the disc in 2010 :)

#17 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2009 - 05:12 PM

Corry Perry... :sigh: :facepalm:

So yeah, I'm expecting a really good game or another typical EA move where they just put out another game for another year. Example would be NHL09 having a penalty for... hitting from behind where as NHL10 would be hitting from duh side. :roll:

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#18 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:37 PM

Well, I don't have thread privileges :P

So here is your starting lineup for your CHEAP ASS GAMER SEX PANTHERS!!

# 2 Vulcan2422 (Vulcan7905) - Right Defenseman
# 3 Flyersfan (PsychedelicRock) - Center
# 5 Cravin_Taco_Bell (cravintacobell) - Left Defenseman
# 9 DestroVega (DestroVega) - Left Wing
#11 ChunkyB (ChunkyBasty) - Right Wing
#13 Pure Apathy (Pure Apathy) - Left Wing Dangler or Sniper
#14 SeanAmI (S3anAmI) - Right Defenseman
#15 taloncarde (Talonunt) - Right Wing
#16 Regian (Regian) - Right Defenseman
#18 cubs2321 (DarkTower80) - Right Defenseman
#19 AK85 (AK85) - Right Wing
#21 moojuice (moojuiced) - Goalie
#25 Panther1484 (ShadyMarino) - Left Wing/Goalie
#26 Mr_hockey66 (Mr hockey66) - Right Wing
#26 Wpark83 (Wpark83) - Center
#28 emg28 (emg28) - Left Wing
#37 Matt Young (X Matt Young X) - Center
#38 jello00 (Jello01) - Right Wing
#39 n8rockerasu (n8rocker82) - Center
#?? Captain OBVIOU5 (Captain OBVIOU5) - ??

Here is a lineup of former players who we HOPE will be traded back to the Sex Panthers!
Spoiler

Vulcan7905.png

#19 Azumangaman

Azumangaman

Posted 19 May 2009 - 08:28 PM

NHL 09 is incredible, so I can't wait for this one. It'll be day 1 for me.
I'd love to get back into team play as well and try my luck as a goalie.

#20 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:00 PM

#44 ajh2298 (ajh2298) - Left Wing

I will play also if my spot is still available
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#21 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:28 PM

Well, I didn't really anticipate doing sign ups or a roster yet since the game is still 4 months out. I just figured that's so much time, a lot of people could get exited, change their mind, get exited, and change their mind again...and we don't want anybody getting to exited. ;)

#22 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:37 PM

NO ONE mentioned real leagues on their wish list? I want actual, scheduled, 2K style leagues rather than the junk we've been given on NHL 09.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#23 Mr_hockey66

Mr_hockey66

Avengers Assemble!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:23 PM

this really needs fixing...

when you get a penalty notice how your players can not to seem to pick up the puck when its right next to them? Whats up wit dat?
check out my tradelist :
http://www.cheapassg...mar-and-wwe-13/

#24 ChunkyB

ChunkyB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2009 - 08:34 PM

Can't wait for this one. I just sent mine off, and now I'm having withdrawals. I really hope this game's good.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#25 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2009 - 09:05 PM

I hope they actually add hats when you score a hat trick. That would make me very happy. Also a glass shattering puck would be nice. :D

Vulcan7905.png

#26 ChunkyB

ChunkyB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2009 - 09:46 PM

No kidding. They even had it in like NHL 95.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#27 jello00

jello00

Posted 21 May 2009 - 11:40 PM

some more updates about NHL 10:

qR2Yd87pQhc

#28 Panther1484

Panther1484

Hail to Pitt!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2009 - 02:13 AM

Can not wait!

#29 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2009 - 07:05 AM

Great to hear that they are fixing the most annoying things about the game. So many times we only ended up getting in a few games because it took so long to find people with 5 or 6 to play against.

#30 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2009 - 09:40 AM

You know I'm back.