CAG iphone app

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#1 ianoid

ianoid

5me77i.us!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2009 - 12:36 AM

Have you thought about a CAG iPhone app? You could give it out for free to get people to use affiliate links, or charge 99 cents for it. It could allow for wishlists, price checks, all the cool stuff you have implemented for shopping on the site. And I could shop on the toilet. You could even give forum access for those lifestyle CAGs who like to talk to other cheap gamers. But I favor just having deal forum access.

I would love to check prices on the way home- say I drive by a Best Buy, a Game Stop and a Walmart. I could check the price on a game that I want, and choose only to see prices at places I will be near. Maybe you could even have discount code arrangements for B&Ms. And you could also show internet prices to tempt folks to use affiliate links. For example, you could have a button that says "email myself (or anyone) a link to buy this game" so folks could just buy the item when they get home or have net access, and to attempt to ensure those affiliate bucks stay with you.

I think it's something to seriously consider. Although I'm betting you already have.

#2 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 19 May 2009 - 05:15 AM

Yes, we will make an iphone app when those other features are operational.

You can already get an iphone friendly forum view by clicking on the iphone link that appears when using an iphone to read the forums.

#3 ianoid

ianoid

5me77i.us!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:12 PM

Awesome. I heard on CAGCast#159 that it has been mentioned before.

The site is really coming along!

#4 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

FUN TIMES IN CLEVELAND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:19 PM

That would be pretty sweet. Keep it up cheapy.

cavs1-sm.gifrangers2-sm.gifcle1-sm.gif
Now Playing

:360: FIFA 14

#5 m3talst0rm

m3talst0rm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2009 - 12:59 PM

I'm on the iPhone friendly view now and it would be nice if there was a link to the blogs...I can't get to them without switching back to regular view...just an idea.

#6 Holy_Headshot

Holy_Headshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2010 - 06:38 AM

CAG2Go
CAG in you pocket
the incredible vibrating CAG
CAGBag
GrabCAG
CAG Mobile
CAG on the run
CAG Lite
Posted Image

#7 Guidrage

Guidrage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2010 - 06:03 PM

Can't wait for a Iphone app ! Even by a chance you charge $.99 or something for it i will pick it up. Another request however would be a Cell Phone forum, so we can keep up to date on deals, or freebies.

#8 jezis

jezis

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2010 - 06:41 PM

There's. Site for iPhone apps it's like 488 freeapps or something

#9 jezis

jezis

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2010 - 06:43 PM

There's. Site for iPhone apps it's 148freeapps.com I think shipwreck has said something about it before

#10 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2010 - 11:28 AM

Any word on the CAG iPhone app?

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

PSN the-nexus6 | Xbox Live Ken the Wizard
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#11 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2010 - 01:54 AM

any word on the iphone app yet?

#12 aquaboy1976

aquaboy1976

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:24 AM

How about now? :)

#13 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 21 March 2011 - 02:21 AM

How about a droid app :)
Posted Image

#14 gotwood

gotwood

Posted 05 April 2011 - 02:10 AM

Have you thought about a CAG iPhone app? You could give it out for free to get people to use affiliate links, or charge 99 cents for it. It could allow for wishlists, price checks, all the cool stuff you have implemented for shopping on the site. And I could shop on the toilet. You could even give forum access for those lifestyle CAGs who like to talk to other cheap gamers. But I favor just having deal forum access.

I would love to check prices on the way home- say I drive by a Best Buy, a Game Stop and a Walmart. I could check the price on a game that I want, and choose only to see prices at places I will be near. Maybe you could even have discount code arrangements for B&Ms. And you could also show internet prices to tempt folks to use affiliate links. For example, you could have a button that says "email myself (or anyone) a link to buy this game" so folks could just buy the item when they get home or have net access, and to attempt to ensure those affiliate bucks stay with you.

I think it's something to seriously consider. Although I'm betting you already have.

I know this thread is about 2 years old. But is there any update on the iphone app? I would put some money down if with in reason to buy this app! HOW ABOUT IT CHEAPY D!!!

#15 CrowBro

CrowBro

Alpha Chi Rho

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2011 - 01:40 AM

How about now?

#16 John

John

Illusive Programmer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2011 - 08:42 AM

We're switching over to different forum software at the moment, so the chances of the app being submitted before then are slim.

#17 jr233270

jr233270

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:34 PM

any update on the app?

#18 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:54 PM

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=233321

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!