CAGcast #160: You're Gonna Love My CAGcast

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 20 May 2009 - 04:10 AM

With E3 right around the corner, Wombat and Cheapy discuss some of the latest rumors, industry news, new releases, your CAGbag questions and much more!

Download - 96 minutes, 39MB
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Bonus Photos & Video:
coming soon!

Edited by CheapyD, 20 May 2009 - 04:36 AM.

#2 Wildcat1080

Wildcat1080

Posted 20 May 2009 - 04:39 AM

can't wait to listen

#3 iguss

iguss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 04:40 AM

Looking forward to listening!

#4 Z_meista

Z_meista

The Paragon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 04:56 AM

another cagcast!

#5 volt1up

volt1up

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:00 AM

Nice!

#6 Xavin

Xavin

cFX Erryday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:06 AM

Downloading now, can't wait to listen :)

Posted Image

#7 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:19 AM

Downloading.... Ya a new Cagcast on
HUMP DAY, an im feeling mighty humpy
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#8 weevles

weevles

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:21 AM

Yay, will listen later tonight!

#9 SuxoR

SuxoR

What choice did I have?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:49 AM

Sweet for some reason I'm surprised and happy to see a new CAGcast :]

Gotta study tomorrow so I'll given it a listen in a bit!

1xz7eo.gif

#10 Schmackledorf

Schmackledorf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:15 AM

This podcast wins just for referencing Slap Chop. Thanks for getting this out though! I don't know how I'd survive work without podcasts...

#11 NutForest

NutForest

Posted 20 May 2009 - 07:17 AM

Lovely! Downloading it now!
:cold: <3 The CAGcast and The instance <3 :hot:

Posted Image

#12 whywakeup

whywakeup

The Chief .

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 07:19 AM

Is it me or is Wombat really into comforters and blankets . I can just imagine him sitting in his rocking chair with a cat in his lap crocheting little mittens for his bubbalas .

Great Podcast guys

Hopefully ill meet you cheapy at E3 (if i can get/sneak in). I'll bring some Green for your Glaucoma.;)
Posted Image

#13 125125

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 08:08 AM

Wombat just listened to you talking about Fallout 3. Sadly enough I got Fallout 3 at target like 4 months ago for 40 dollars, and I took off the wrapping and I haven't even played it yet. Although I probably have 20 or so PS3 games to play.

#14 muzras

muzras

I Can HAZ Club NintendoZ?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:14 AM

hooooorayz
[cp][/cp]
PLZ TO B 2 Donate-s0rz... Thankz-s0rz ^_^ :D
CAGz are teh bestz. :grouphug:

#15 Amerijapoxicano

Amerijapoxicano

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:19 AM

Wombat just listened to you talking about Fallout 3. Sadly enough I got Fallout 3 at target like 4 months ago for 40 dollars, and I took off the wrapping and I haven't even played it yet. Although I probably have 20 or so PS3 games to play.

I'm in the same boat as you. I played it for about 2 hours one day and haven't gone back to it since. I'll do it...eventually.

On another note, thanks for the latest cagcast, guys. I was surfing the internet and missed about 50% of what was said, but it sounded good.

#16 fredy182

fredy182

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:04 AM

i have to study but i am going to listen it after my exam

#17 syed119

syed119

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:21 AM

I Play Saints Row 2, all the time on Live with my brother in Iceland. We both got the game, after Cheapy's rants!!!!

#18 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 01:31 PM

Just got into work so I cant wait to listen to the show during my lunch break :)

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#19 jaystaeb8

jaystaeb8

Too Little Time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 01:45 PM

Go get the free steak dinner. I can tell you that there is a reason they asked you and Ship, CAGForeplay mentions these games when they are released, which is the only publicity that they really get. People aren't covering these games extensively so anyone who is willing to talk for a minute on a podcast about pet sims is their target for this dinner. If Ship comes away from the dinner with an idea of why these sims are different, he can mention it on CAGForeplay and the steak dinner will have been worth it for them.

#20 TheMoniter

TheMoniter

Posted 20 May 2009 - 02:41 PM

"It looked like a Call of Duty 2 map". Wombat, World War II was REAL war and not a Call of Duty game.

#21 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 02:46 PM

"It looked like a Call of Duty 2 map". Wombat, World War II was REAL war and not a Call of Duty game.

yes, but the restaurant was a fabricated set, ala Call of Duty 2

#22 oscargrouch

oscargrouch

Posted 20 May 2009 - 03:34 PM

Cheapy,

A CAGcast or two ago you mentioned your Shure headphones had one channel crap out. I experienced the same thing this last week. I checked out Shure's site to see about a warranty replacement, and they mentioned 75% of the requests they recieve are the result of wax clogging the nozzle. So instead of forking over $75 since I lost my reciept, I followed the cleaning instructions. If you take off the little rubber ear piece and shove the cleaning tool all the way into the nozzle and twist it around for a few seconds, you can probably clear the blockage. Worked for me and my headphones are working great again. Hope this helps.

#23 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 04:34 PM

Cheapy and Wombat,
I think you're missing the boat a bit on the UFC game. This is going to do huge business for THQ. I believe it will be the highest selling new release of May as the demand for this game is at a high pitch. Most Gamestop's in the St. Louis area had 100 preorders each for this game, so I can imagine it's only bigger in other cities. It's been 4 years since a UFC game came out and the amount of traffic the deal thread and the threads in the 360 forum get should be an indicator also.

Bionic Commando is going to be the game left out in the cold I believe. PunchOut and Infamous will sell well and be in the top 10 but I believe BC will be lucky to get in the overall top 20 for May. I don't know a single person in real life or on my PS360 friends lists who have even slightly mentioned the game.

The UFC game is supposed to be a representation of the sport, so it's going to be a slower pace than Street Fighter, Tekken, Soul Calibur, Virtua Fighter, etc. I would highly recommend doing the tutorial (which is in the demo) and then trying again to see if you enjoy it anymore. Many people don't seem to realize the tutorial is in the demo.

If it's too slow for ya I understand but I know myself and my non-CAG real life friends played the demo for 3 hours on Saturday night just handing the controller back and forth with only 2 fighters being available so for anyone who's watched a decent amount of UFC I would highly recommend a purchase, especially with the Best Buy deal (at least if you get it before the close of business on May 23.)

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#24 125125

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:07 PM

I'm in the same boat as you. I played it for about 2 hours one day and haven't gone back to it since. I'll do it...eventually.

On another note, thanks for the latest cagcast, guys. I was surfing the internet and missed about 50% of what was said, but it sounded good.

At least you got 2 hours into the game, I opened the case and then closed it thinking I would play it eventually, but I haven't even read the book which I normally do before starting a game. Think I was playing DMC4 and I still haven't beat that game either about a 1/4 way done with that.

Wombat how many hours into Fallout 3 were you into the game where you would say I need to continue playing cause it is addicting.

#25 ObiBen

ObiBen

Form Titan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:31 PM

I am now addicted to Rap Chop. Thanks a lot Cheapy!

#26 NutForest

NutForest

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:42 PM

Oh my god. I'm addicted to rap chop now.. god dammit Cheapy.
:cold: <3 The CAGcast and The instance <3 :hot:

Posted Image

#27 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:46 PM

Cheapy I sent a message to Major Nelson on Live asking why you were being snubbed but I didn't get a response and I guess you didn't either. Now I guess I'll have to email him and Trixie to see what's up.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#28 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:49 PM

At least you got 2 hours into the game, I opened the case and then closed it thinking I would play it eventually, but I haven't even read the book which I normally do before starting a game. Think I was playing DMC4 and I still haven't beat that game either about a 1/4 way done with that.

Wombat how many hours into Fallout 3 were you into the game where you would say I need to continue playing cause it is addicting.

you need to play for at least 6-8 hours for it to sink in, it's an unusal commitment bit totally worth it

#29 variablesunknown

variablesunknown

Artful Dodger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:07 PM

Great podcast as usual. I found the ultimate gift for Cheapy...a real Robocop suit that was used in the movie!!!
"Brian, I am going to be honest with you...that smells like pure gasoline". Ron Burgundy's take on Sex Panther cologne

#30 G-Dog

G-Dog

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:47 PM

Cheapy, I wanted to discuss your comments about UFC: Undisputed 2009. While I personally love this game, I can understand why you wouldn’t like it. Comparing UFC Undisputed to fast paced fighting games would be like comparing Gran Turismo to Burnout, both are different takes on the same theme.

My question is, have you ever watched Mixed Martial Arts while living in Japan? Some of the best MMA promotions in the world are based there. Shooto, Pancrase, Sengoku, Dream FC (formerly Pride FC), and K1 just to name a few. I’m forced to hunt for torrents if I want to watch these fights, and it makes me jealous that you have such easy access to them.

And in case you didn’t know, disgraced Baseball star Jose Conseco will be fighting 7’2”, 330 pound Korean kickboxer Hong Man Choi during Dream FC 8 on May 26 at the Yokohama Arena. No, I’m not making this up. Jose Conseco will be fighting Mixed Martial Arts.