Buzz! Quiz TV Bundle PS3 - $19.95 at Wal-Mart - Not YMMV

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

#1 Rictor

Rictor

I like big butts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 02:22 PM

This was reported in the YMMV Wal-Mart thread, but I have yet to see anyone in any state not find it at this price, so it seems to have been marked down at all Wal-Marts. Found the last copy at a Wal-Mart here in Indianapolis, marked $59.95 but rang up $19.95.

Figured since it's not YMMV, it deserved its own thread. This is the Buzz! Quiz TV Bundle with the 4 controllers in the big box, usually at the bottom of the display case or not in the case on a shelf with the Guitar Hero and DDR bundles.

Banner1.png

#2 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 02:23 PM

Cool :)
"Evil is Funs"

#3 SakBee

SakBee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 02:25 PM

Thanks OP!

#4 mr_burnzz

mr_burnzz

Posted 20 May 2009 - 02:35 PM

SWEET! my destination right NOW is wal mart. good looks!

#5 UlysisAM

UlysisAM

'Nuff Said...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 02:38 PM

Thanks for the heads up! I wanted to pick this game up because a good friend of mine has it. For $20, I can't pass it up at all.

#6 erectiontown

erectiontown

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 02:48 PM

definitely checking this out later

#7 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 02:50 PM

Nice to find that it dropped in price finally somewhere. It'll be worth picking up, especially for the lots of DLC they have for it.

#8 ctrek3

ctrek3

Posted 20 May 2009 - 02:54 PM

:bomb:the last time i checked at walmart it was both listed, and rang up as 59.99. we eventually paid that price for it at a BB, cause we could not find it anywhere in the area for cheaper. all the local sears had none, and 59.99 everywhere:bomb:
Posted Image

#9 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 02:54 PM

It is also $19.97 at Sears if it turns out this is YMMV, or your Wal-Mart is out.

#10 ZCG

ZCG

ZeldaCubeGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 02:58 PM

Thanks OP. Guess I'll actually make a trip to Wally World at this point. Between this item & the YMMV situation with the Playstation Network cards I'm finally motivated to get off my butt ;-)

Are the controllers any different for the PS3 compared to the PS2 version bundles?

#11 manthing

manthing

etc, etc, etc, etc,

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 03:00 PM

Are the controllers any different for the PS3 compared to the PS2 version bundles?

Yeah, they're wireless and take 2 AA batteries apiece.

:bomb:
dont hate the player or the game just hate your salf

#12 Esoteria

Esoteria

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 03:01 PM

I know this is a rather lame question, but this game seems extremely popular.... What is the reason for that? Seems like if it were just a quiz game, even 4 people wouldn't make it that fun.

They must've thrown in something cool. Someone try to sell me on this!

#13 paz9x

paz9x

Posted 20 May 2009 - 03:13 PM

the game is very fun with a group of people. at $20 its a no brainer if you have peopel to play with. IMO its a no brainer at $40.
"I am the Walrus" "Shut the Fuck up Donnie"

Posted Image

#14 Warner1281

Warner1281

Pissing off customers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 03:17 PM

I know this is a rather lame question, but this game seems extremely popular.... What is the reason for that? Seems like if it were just a quiz game, even 4 people wouldn't make it that fun.

They must've thrown in something cool. Someone try to sell me on this!

It's a fun party game. Don't get it if it's just you playing, as you'll tire of it pretty quickly.
Posted Image

#15 me_schnitzel

me_schnitzel

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 03:17 PM

Great game, I already have it but I'm considering picking it up AGAIN for the 4 extra controllers. I'm pretty sure you can play with up to 8 people local multi
"We ride with kings on mighty steeds across the Devil's plain!" - The D

#16 RanchLizard

RanchLizard

Need more time for games!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 03:26 PM

Great game, I already have it but I'm considering picking it up AGAIN for the 4 extra controllers. I'm pretty sure you can play with up to 8 people local multi

Yes, great game when people are over, for all ages. 8 players is especially fun.

#17 Gamelore

Gamelore

Dark Elf Cleric

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 03:28 PM

Ignoring downloadable content, does the base-game differ at all from the PS2 versions? Are the built-in questions a subset of previous questions? Do they even overlap at all?

#18 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 03:35 PM

I think the YMMV will come in when you actually try to find this in stock. Using the stock search tool, I can't find a single store in most of Southern California that actually has any left. Maybe stock levels are better elsewhere.

#19 Hodaka

Hodaka

Posted 20 May 2009 - 03:35 PM

dang, just bought this used from secondspin for $42 shipped because I've been unable to find other deals on it.. a week later and there's an awesome deal.. go figure.. might go get another :)

#20 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 03:53 PM

I think the YMMV will come in when you actually try to find this in stock. Using the stock search tool, I can't find a single store in most of Southern California that actually has any left. Maybe stock levels are better elsewhere.

Same here. I found one entry when I searched by my zip code which was 20 miles from me, though it said it was Out Of Stock. :-s

#21 coleipoo

coleipoo

Posted 20 May 2009 - 03:59 PM

I'm completely out of stock...damn.

#22 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 20 May 2009 - 04:24 PM

http://www.walmart.c...duct_id=9918293

For the lazy. I saw some at a wal-mart near me recently and don't see it here^ so who knows how accurate these are. I wonder if you do site to store if you could return and rebuy or price adjust if this is indeed ringing up at all Wal-marts for $20
Posted Image

#23 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 04:33 PM

not sure I believe that site, it basically just said 0 stores in Virginia carry the game and I know I saw it when I was checking to see if PSN cards were clearanced at my local store

#24 erectiontown

erectiontown

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:36 PM

the stock search tool seems funky anyway, i put in my zip code and it only picks up 3 stores in my area, when there are no less than 7 or 8 closer than the ones listed

#25 Exodus.Lang

Exodus.Lang

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:37 PM

My sister-in-law lost my USB dongle for Buzz, so this would be perfect!

#26 mcdaking84

mcdaking84

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:04 PM

picked up the last one at the walmart in east lansing

#27 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:09 PM

Great game. Several of us play on Sunday nights, 9PM PST. Feel free to join.

#28 gryphter

gryphter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:38 PM

would you guys recommend this over Scene-It: Box office smash? I've been wanting to get a trivia game and don't want to have both... I have too many controllers already as it is

#29 hoofrog

hoofrog

Game Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:40 PM

Thanks OP. I've been hoping to find a price drop on this. $20, tons of DLC + trophies... I'm in. Now just to try and find a copy...

#30 SniperREX

SniperREX

Space Cowboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:47 PM

I can confirm that the Supercenter on Cooper in Arlington, TX still has at least one. I bought one :).
See You Space Cowboy