• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 DiddlyKong

DiddlyKong

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 04:23 PM

http://www.amazon.co...p_ob_vg_title_3

Thought this was a good deal since it's hard to find and gamestop sales it $34.99 used.
Posted Image

#2 me_schnitzel

me_schnitzel

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 04:33 PM

That is an excellent deal. The game itself is great and you can play it on a Wii if you don't have a Gamecube any longer.

You probably won't find a much better deal if you are looking to collect the series on Gamecube.
"We ride with kings on mighty steeds across the Devil's plain!" - The D

#3 Jalu

Jalu

jalu1-5 was already taken

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 04:57 PM

RE3 is also on Amazon for $21.48.
http://www.amazon.co...p_ob_vg_title_2

#4 databuild

databuild

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:10 PM

Good price, and you can play GC games on the Wii. I already have the game myself.

#5 TheShepherdSauce

TheShepherdSauce

thick & hearty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:28 PM

I'd jump on this in a sec if I could actually bring myself to beat REmake with it's stupid controls. I know capcom is re-releasing 0 on the wii, but i've heard rumors of 1 and 2 as well. Anyone know if it's true?

#6 Gohan

Gohan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:49 PM

I'd jump on this in a sec if I could actually bring myself to beat REmake with it's stupid controls. I know capcom is re-releasing 0 on the wii, but i've heard rumors of 1 and 2 as well. Anyone know if it's true?

REmake is being re-released on the Wii. It is a carbon copy of the GC version.

RE2 is sort of being remade in the lightgun shooter RE: Darkside Chronicles.

As for this specific deal, it is a straight PS1-to-GC port. No graphical upgrades or anything.

#7 animemaniac14

animemaniac14

Do the Monkey w/Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:52 PM

eca membership needs to update it's amazon 10% off codes...grrr..or else i'd be on this in a heartbeat

[DVDs=727] [VGs=434

Free Gift Cards > Sex with a Blueshirt

#8 Slermy

Slermy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:42 PM

Amazon is now sold out of Resident Evil 3.

#9 Sk

Sk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:57 PM

As for this specific deal, it is a straight PS1-to-GC port. No graphical upgrades or anything.

I thought the RE-RE-RE-make (actually there are more than 3 RE1 remakes and ports) of RE1 was a Wii Japan exclusive. I hope it comes to the states though.

I fu@king loved RE4 on the Wii. Too bad capcom is busy pumping out mediocre RE rail shooters on the Wii. Maybe if I get lucky capcom will patch RE5 with either the 360's or PS3's (alleged new motion controls).

#10 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 20 May 2009 - 07:03 PM

I thought the RE-RE-RE-make (actually there are more than 3 RE1 remakes and ports) of RE1 was a Wii Japan exclusive. I hope it comes to the states though.

I fu@king loved RE4 on the Wii. Too bad capcom is busy pumping out mediocre RE rail shooters on the Wii. Maybe if I get lucky capcom will patch RE5 with either the 360's or PS3's (alleged new motion controls).

It was a Japan exclusive. Capcom's bringing it and Resident Evil Zero (Wii) to the U.S. in the form of Resident Evil Archives. The two titles will be sold separately with a price tag of $29.99.
My name is in your Resident Evil 5 manual. ;)

#11 Last Baron

Last Baron

Mark it zero

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 07:45 PM

Resident Evil 2 is made of win no matter how you try to look at it.

#12 PaRappa/GMRTAG

PaRappa/GMRTAG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 07:59 PM

Any idea if both RE2 and RE3 are NOT Player's Choice version?

#13 J7.

J7.

Posted 20 May 2009 - 08:02 PM

It is a port of the Dual Shock version, and has higher resolution. However, it's been this price on Amazon for at least half a year. I've been following it and will continue to wait for a cheaper price new or used.

#14 Xiemos

Xiemos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 08:08 PM

Would be highly unlikely that it isn't Player's Choice, unless you are buying a used copy.

#15 lombarvm

lombarvm

Chief Boot Knocka

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 08:44 PM

Picked up RE3. I already have RE2 for the N64 and I have never beat RE3. Thanks OP!
Posted Image

#16 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 08:56 PM

They're not Player's Choice. RE2 & 3 were the only 'Cube RE games that didn't hit Player's Choice. These are 99.9% likely the reprints made a year or two ago, but you wouldn't be able to tell by looking at them.

#17 PaRappa/GMRTAG

PaRappa/GMRTAG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:08 PM

They're not Player's Choice. RE2 & 3 were the only 'Cube RE games that didn't hit Player's Choice. These are 99.9% likely the reprints made a year or two ago, but you wouldn't be able to tell by looking at them.

Thanks! Ordered both.

#18 GTZ_NSR

GTZ_NSR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:17 PM

That's actually not true. It's a direct port of the Dreamcast port which was a port of the N64 release which was a port of the PSX release. It just looks like garbage as the other DC ports did :-)

#19 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:18 PM

Do not forget "Resident Evil Archives" (wii) coming out 6/23/09 and "Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil 0" (wii) coming out around Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles (wii) Released. :)
"Evil is Funs"

#20 barom

barom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:22 PM

Considering that Capcom will be bringin PS1 titles to PSN soonish. I'll just a wait a bit longer. I mean RE2 is probably Capcom's biggest game so it would surprise me if it wasnt one of them.

#21 eddie291

eddie291

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:36 PM

Considering that Capcom will be bringin PS1 titles to PSN soonish. I'll just a wait a bit longer. I mean RE2 is probably Capcom's biggest game so it would surprise me if it wasnt one of them.

But if it's a port, then it wouldn't have the improve graphics that the GC version has.

Is there anything of note about the GC version btw? Like extra stuff, bugs, glitches, etc.?
Posted Image

#22 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:42 PM

Is there anything of note about the GC version btw? Like extra stuff, bugs, glitches, etc.?

The all-knowing Wikipedia says...

The Nintendo GameCube version, released in 2003, is identical to the PlayStation's Dual Shock Version in terms of content, featuring only a minimal set of improvements such as skippable cut scenes and a higher frame rate for the game's FMV sequences.

#23 XxSmityxX

XxSmityxX

Sega New Astro City!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:46 PM

But if it's a port, then it wouldn't have the improve graphics that the GC version has.

I dont even think they improved the graphics at all for RE2 on the gamecube like they did for the first one....

Taken from the Resident Evil 2 Wiki:

The Nintendo GameCube version, released in 2003, is identical to the PlayStation's Dual Shock Version in terms of content, featuring only a minimal set of improvements such as skippable cut scenes and a higher frame rate for the game's FMV sequences.

Back on topic, Thanks OP this one is the only one im missing for the gamecube collection!
http://www.southtown-homebrew.com -- shockboxes, carts, art, Naomi harnesses, Sanwa, and more. :P

#24 Woltaire

Woltaire

2NE1 & SNSD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:05 PM

Thanks OP. I'll consider picking these up as I've been waiting for them to drop in price.
Posted Image

#25 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:28 PM

I have two rewards cards in the mail from my Amazon credit card. If this deal is still active when they arrive, I know what I'm getting. I no longer have my ps1 copy, and would love to play this again on the GC.

33126.png

#26 J7.

J7.

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:02 AM

That's actually not true. It's a direct port of the Dreamcast port which was a port of the N64 release which was a port of the PSX release. It just looks like garbage as the other DC ports did :-)

I don't think this is true. The GC version is a port of the PS1 Dual Shock game. The N64 port is a port of the PS1 game and had many changes made to it to fit on cart. The DC port was a port of the PS1 or PC port. They did not simply port from each release onto the next release and different developers handled some of the ports.

#27 hpbbes

hpbbes

I typo'd my username

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:04 AM

Just ordered. I have been trying to pick up a copy for a while and then I watched episode 3 of Spaced last night and that sealed it - I was buying it today. And now this is posted. It was, like, destiny n'$h*t.

#28 DietingNinja

DietingNinja

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:11 AM

Went for it. Wanted to get this months ago but I couldn't bring myself to spend $40+ for it. Thanks so much for sharing!

#29 sliknik27

sliknik27

Lost in the Woods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:13 AM

It's actually slightly cheaper from HubbaGames, so I wouldn't worry about jumping on this immediately.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#30 imacgod

imacgod

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:33 AM

I'll wait for Wii remakes of 2 and 3. They really should in my opinion.