CAG Email Price Alerts Stats - May 22, 2009

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 22 May 2009 - 02:14 AM

Here are the games with the most CAG email price alerts set over the last week. The dollar amounts do not represent an actual sale price, but the average alert prices that your fellow CAGs have set.

If you want to receive an email when a specific game hits your desired price, use the big search bar at the top of every page, click through to a game's page and set your preferred email alert price. You can then manage your alerts via the "manage email alerts" link located under the "price tracking" menu item in the navigation bar. We've also got a video demonstration.

Keep reading for the rest of the Top 20

Edited by CheapyD, 24 May 2009 - 02:29 PM.

#2 whywakeup

whywakeup

The Chief .

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2009 - 06:26 AM

This is a really great idea for a feature . I hope everyone takes advantage of it .
Posted Image

#3 sinned47

sinned47

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2009 - 06:38 AM

very very cool.

#4 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2009 - 07:07 AM

Just a heads up, Cheapy, in regards to the ALERT logo, the attorneys for Under Armour will soon be contacting you about logo infringement.:)

http://www.cheapassg...id=7220&thumb=1

Posted Image

Now playing (& watching):
:dvd:-Robot Chicken season 4

:dvd:-Blade Anime
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#5 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2009 - 07:20 AM

A little off topic but... Wolverine for $28!? Where!?

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#6 MorPhiend

MorPhiend

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2009 - 07:24 AM

A little off topic but... Wolverine for $28!? Where!?

And Punch-Out!! for $27? I need.

And anyone else not have "the big search bar at the top of every page"?

#7 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 22 May 2009 - 07:35 AM

The dollar amount represents the average alert price that your fellow CAGs have set. It's not necessarily a price that is available now.

You don't have a big search bar at the top of every page that says "click here to search CAG, games, prices, and more!"?

Posted Image

#8 chrisswiss83

chrisswiss83

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:14 AM

Oh man, my eyes went straight to the prices and I was ready to drop at least $200 right now. Damn my tendency to not read in a linear fashion. Oh well.

#9 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:14 AM

are the links working for anyone else? i'm getting 404 error.

and guys those are prices people are willing to pay not how much they find the game for.

where can we report inaccurate price listings? for instance Manhunt 2 :wii: is actually $22 at Amazon not $15 at it'slisted in the lister. did it just go up recently and it takes time or do we have to alert someone and let them know to change it?

Edited by Wolfkin, 22 May 2009 - 08:41 AM.

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#10 BionicJoe

BionicJoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:45 AM

Yeah, the links weren't working for me either.

#11 leshrac55

leshrac55

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:49 AM

The dollar amount represents the average alert price that your fellow CAGs have set. It's not necessarily a price that is available now.

You don't have a big search bar at the top of every page that says "click here to search CAG, games, prices, and more!"?

Posted Image

Phew... I was wondering how I could've missed a deal like that when I just got the $40 -10% from Amazon.

#12 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 22 May 2009 - 09:04 AM

Yeah, the links weren't working for me either.

Sorry, I fixed the links

where can we report inaccurate price listings? for instance Manhunt 2 :wii: is actually $22 at Amazon not $15 at it'slisted in the lister. did it just go up recently and it takes time or do we have to alert someone and let them know to change it?

It's possible it just went up today in which case the new price will be reflected on CAG when the price tracker runs this morning. I'll keep an eye on it.

#13 Sentinel

Sentinel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2009 - 09:21 AM

Is there a way to add games? I'd like to set a price alert for "Spore Galactic Edition" but it doesn't come up. (Not the expansion, the special edition.) Thanks.

#14 BionicJoe

BionicJoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2009 - 09:42 AM

I love this new feature.

#15 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 22 May 2009 - 10:04 AM

Is there a way to add games? I'd like to set a price alert for "Spore Galactic Edition" but it doesn't come up. (Not the expansion, the special edition.) Thanks.

I added it, but for the future:

Posted Image

#16 Sentinel

Sentinel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2009 - 11:10 AM

I added it, but for the future:

Thanks, much appreciated!

#17 oscargrouch

oscargrouch

Posted 22 May 2009 - 12:22 PM

What would really make this extra cool was if we could get the alerts on Twitter as well as email.

#18 LoveLost

LoveLost

Posted 22 May 2009 - 12:38 PM

I think people are aiming for prices which are way too low and unrealistic.

#19 blackhole82

blackhole82

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2009 - 12:59 PM

Yeah, a lot of these prices are less than 50% of the games original value. But I guess some of them could eventually reach those prices.
Posted Image

#20 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2009 - 12:59 PM

man, i'm still waiting for Wolverine to drop below $45. my coworker is telling me how great it is.
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#21 oscargrouch

oscargrouch

Posted 22 May 2009 - 01:11 PM

Yeah, a lot of these prices are less than 50% of the games original value. But I guess some of them could eventually reach those prices.

Unless its something I really want to play, I will often wait for a title to hit 40% or less. It may take a year, but most titles eventually hit below 50%.

#22 trip1eX

trip1eX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2009 - 01:25 PM

I want to receive a twitter instead. Hurry up and make it so.

#23 Brian9824

Brian9824

CAG-Obsessed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2009 - 01:43 PM

Many games can be had for $10 or under eventually. Its just a matter of time.

Will these deal notifications be for new copies only or will it work for used?

#24 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 22 May 2009 - 01:47 PM

Many games can be had for $10 or under eventually. Its just a matter of time.

Will these deal notifications be for new copies only or will it work for used?

Right now the price tracker is only tracking new prices. We will add used prices eventually.

#25 QiG

QiG

I'm all out of gum..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2009 - 02:05 PM

Cheapy - Great addition to the site that really captures the spirit of what we do 'round here. Is it feasible to add a "member price sighting" type comment/blog to the pages so that if we spot something cheaper we can let people know (outside of the deal forum)?
Posted Image

#26 Venkman

Venkman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2009 - 02:20 PM

I'm waiting for Terminator Salvation to drop. $20 and I'll pick it up.

#27 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2009 - 02:48 PM

the prices aren't unrealistic but expecting alerts for them is. These prices are going to be store list prices. By the time the games get down to $20 or lower it's clearance which probably won't show up on the price tracker.

It's a subtle difference that does effectively render the price alert feature almost moot for most of us hardcore clearance shopping cags, but still it's pretty cool and GTA:ds: has shown us that sometimes these sales do happen. Plus it can be used to alert for new Player's Choice titles.

Oh yeah and twitter updates could be pretty cool but seeing how twitter works I guess we shouldn't expect it for a long while. You'd have to create a CAG Price alert twitter account and then cross friend all of us and then send out DMs or Replies for every alert... heaven forbidsomething like MadWorld drops to $20 and half of CAG needs an alert all at once isn't there a limit on how many messages you can send on twitter?

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
Posted Image
Spoiler

#28 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 22 May 2009 - 03:03 PM

the prices aren't unrealistic but expecting alerts for them is. These prices are going to be store list prices. By the time the games get down to $20 or lower it's clearance which probably won't show up on the price tracker.

It's a subtle difference that does effectively render the price alert feature almost moot for most of us hardcore clearance shopping cags, but still it's pretty cool and GTA:ds: has shown us that sometimes these sales do happen. Plus it can be used to alert for new Player's Choice titles.

I'm not really sure what your point is. Amazon, Newegg, and other online retailers consistently have sales on games at $20 or under. Obviously, if you set an alert for $15 on a new release title, don't expect to get an email anytime soon. Then again, you probably aren't going to find it on clearance at a B&M 1 month after release either.

However, I agree that if you don't shop online and only wait for a game to get clearanced out for $12 at Target, the PT isn't going to help you much.

#29 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2009 - 03:31 PM

I was merely trying to respond to

My point was that the price aren't too low or unrealistic

However, I agree that if you don't shop online and only wait for a game to get clearanced out for $12 at Target, the PT isn't going to help you much.

that's basically all I was saying.

Personally I love the tracker. Well I love and fear it for I can see my wallet going empty for a long time, and my backlog growing a backlog. By the end of the year my games will have games they can't play.

Currently Playing
Posted Image
Spoiler

#30 tcolberg

tcolberg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2009 - 04:31 PM

@ CheapyD: I wasn't going to make the jump from Google Reader to the thread, but then I saw Red Alert! Any ST reference deserves further inspection.

@ neocisco: The Red Alert screen from the Enterprise has been a lot longer than Under Armor. So I guess Under Armor ripped off Starfleet!