Photo
- - - - -

Amazon Father's Day Sale - Wii - Top Spin 3 $20, SWSnowboard $30, GH: Metallica $33

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 hypertails02

hypertails02

Wait for it...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:06 AM

Every week until Father's Day (June 21) Amazon is offering weekly deals based on different catagories.

This week 5/31-6/6 is Wii games. I'll update the OP when I see new info on the sale.

Father's Day Sale Main Page

:wii:All Games in this list below are Wii Games
Official Wii Balance Board Sleeve - $12.97
MLB Superstars - $13.97
Top Spin 3 - $19.97
James Bond 007: Quantum of Solace - $25.97
NHL 2K9 - $27.97
Don King Boxing - $27.97

Shaun White Snowboarding: Road Trip - $29.97
Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party - $29.97
The Price is Right - $29.97
Call of Duty: World at War - $32.97
Guitar Hero Metallica - $32.97
MLB 2K9 - $33.97
X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $34.97

Edited by hypertails02, 01 June 2009 - 04:17 PM.
Prices are Fixed - thanks to all who noticed in thread!

fs_xbox.png fs_pc.png

#2 rdogg1026

rdogg1026

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:36 AM

Does anyone's Dad play videogames? My Dad has trouble turning his cell phone on let alone running a PSP.
Posted Image

#3 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:49 AM

I updated the OP with all the games

#4 genghis_g

genghis_g

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:12 AM

Does anyone's Dad play videogames? My Dad has trouble turning his cell phone on let alone running a PSP.

Mine plays games. He has a 360 and he plays various games. He's not that great and he's only ever ok with FPSs, but he plays games.

#5 sagecooker

sagecooker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:27 AM

I have a 7 year old daughter who plays video games with me.
[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/sagecooker"][/URL]

#6 hopeunknown

hopeunknown

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:38 AM

Mine does. He was a gamer before I even was...and a CAG before I even was (not officially, but he did buy a lot of clearance games at Toy Works for SMS and Genesis XD). He has 360, PS3...the whole bit. More than I have!

#7 loserboy

loserboy

The Cubs STILL suck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2009 - 12:17 PM

You, my friend, do not know of what you speak. I'm a dad (I have two kids) and I'm an 8th grade teacher. To put it politely:

"I've been playing games since you were a twinkle in your dad's eye"...so there.

#8 rdogg1026

rdogg1026

Posted 28 May 2009 - 12:25 PM

You, my friend, do not know of what you speak. I'm a dad (I have two kids) and I'm an 8th grade teacher. To put it politely:

"I've been playing games since you were a twinkle in your dad's eye"...so there.

I didn't say that Dad's didn't play games I was just curious if there were any CAG Videogame Daddies out there :booty:
Posted Image

#9 jupiterjones

jupiterjones

WHAT THE CUSS!?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2009 - 12:34 PM

As a gaming dad/CAG I say -Yay for bargains!

My kids are not old enough/rich enough to buy me any game I'd actually want, so I'm Mr. Deal Finder. Most of my relatives refer to me when looking for good deals.

As for the sale prices - GTA for $24 is a great deal, and the Wolverine game (while looking nothing like its' beefier versions) is actually a nice little game for $20. Will it be lower eventually? Of course, but it's not too bad for right now.

#10 PapaSmerf

PapaSmerf

Central Scrutinizer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2009 - 12:37 PM

I think his point is that there are plenty of us CAG Dads right here.

#11 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2009 - 12:48 PM

My dad can pour dozens of hours at a time into a game of Civilization. In fact, I credit much of my early interest in video games to the hours we spent playing Koei's Genghis Khan franchise on our first computer when I was little. Not to mention all the time we spent (and still spend) playing old table-top strategy games.

33126.png

#12 charlescheese

charlescheese

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2009 - 12:56 PM

Since the average gamer is in his low 30's and I too am in my low 30's with 2 kids (6 and 3). So yeah I'd say there are plenty of dads who play games. I have close to 400 games. I have quite a few friends who are dads who also play games, so I'm not alone. Now if you're in your teens, early twenties, your dad probably doesn't game much, but if you're under ten there's a good chance your dad does or has gamed quite a bit.

#13 hypertails02

hypertails02

Wait for it...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2009 - 02:21 PM

Just being on the boards for a little while (I haven't made too many forum posts yet) I've easily determined many Dads here play console games. But I just don't picture too many Dads currently playing handheld games. Maybe Amazon is trying to take advantage of an untapped market?

fs_xbox.png fs_pc.png

#14 punkmaggit

punkmaggit

Masashi Hamauzu > you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2009 - 02:21 PM

Apparently they think that dad's don't play RPG's?

#15 52club

52club

This ain't intramurals!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2009 - 02:47 PM

Can we just start changing the word "sale" to "promotion" when it comes to these large scale Amazon specials?
Space for Rent:lol:

#16 animemaniac14

animemaniac14

Do the Monkey w/Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2009 - 02:51 PM

FUNNY..with all the advancing technology esp in the gaming world my dad STILL plays Free cell/Solitaire/Hearts on his computer...i'm sure he's played EVERY SINGLE game possible in each of those...

he wins everytime...no surprise considering he knows EXACTLY what the computer is going to do lol

[DVDs=727] [VGs=434

Free Gift Cards > Sex with a Blueshirt

#17 shafnitz

shafnitz

G100,000 - 5/16/2014!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2009 - 03:43 PM

I'm a dad. But I don't think my dad plays anything but solitaire. When we were growing up, he couldn't handle the NES controller. So there are way too many buttons for him these days...

Shafnitz.png

#18 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2009 - 03:47 PM

Since the average gamer is in his low 30's and I too am in my low 30's with 2 kids (6 and 3). So yeah I'd say there are plenty of dads who play games. I have close to 400 games. I have quite a few friends who are dads who also play games, so I'm not alone. Now if you're in your teens, early twenties, your dad probably doesn't game much, but if you're under ten there's a good chance your dad does or has gamed quite a bit.

Hey, I'm 23 and my 63 year old dad loves computer games. Then again, this is the same guy who once wouldn't let me hook up my PS3 to his HDTV for fear it would do something malicious; and also can't work any of his remotes. Even old guys who play games are still old guys it seems. :D

33126.png

#19 fidgeteer

fidgeteer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2009 - 04:00 PM

Even old guys who play games are still old guys it seems. :D

[Insert Old Grandma Hardcore vid]
"And who are you, the king of town?
Stop being a swearing douche."

-- Skandis

#20 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2009 - 05:15 PM

I didn't say that Dad's didn't play games I was just curious if there were any CAG Videogame Daddies out there :booty:

I'm 35 and I'm definitely a CAG Videogame Daddy :) I have two kids, one almost six and another 1-1/2 years old. I highly moderate how often the elder child plays (and the younger doesn't play at all, of course). Right now I want to instill reading, art, physical activities, music, creativity, etc. into them, with videogames being something they enjoy later.

That being said, if I buy anything (videogames, toys, etc.), I always remind them that we share it, and that it belongs to all of us in the family. My daughter still sometimes asks if she can play with my DS, and I correct her; I say "it's OUR DS" :) That helps when I want her to remember to keep her hands clean and treat the games and systems properly. :)

To keep this on topic, thanks for the post, OP! Those are some great bargains, and I can personally vouch for the durability of the Logitech PSP Slim case. It fits my PSP-3000 perfectly, and it also has room for the Extended Battery Kit battery cover, too! I love the plastic template they include for you to cut out a picture and place between the case and the rubber cushioning inside. Neat way to customize!

#21 Quodlibet

Quodlibet

Posted 28 May 2009 - 05:25 PM

I'm in my 40's and put the kids to bed early so I can game...

#22 InvaderZim

InvaderZim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2009 - 05:46 PM

Amazon must hate Father's.

#23 shafnitz

shafnitz

G100,000 - 5/16/2014!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2009 - 06:03 PM

I'm 35 and I'm definitely a CAG Videogame Daddy :) I have two kids, one almost six and another 1-1/2 years old. I highly moderate how often the elder child plays (and the younger doesn't play at all, of course). Right now I want to instill reading, art, physical activities, music, creativity, etc. into them, with videogames being something they enjoy later.

That being said, if I buy anything (videogames, toys, etc.), I always remind them that we share it, and that it belongs to all of us in the family. My daughter still sometimes asks if she can play with my DS, and I correct her; I say "it's OUR DS" :) That helps when I want her to remember to keep her hands clean and treat the games and systems properly. :)

My kid is turning 2 later this year, so these are some great ideas for when he's a bit older. Thanks! Also, sorry for not being on topic as well. Hopefully I don't offend any forum gods...

Shafnitz.png

#24 mastermind

mastermind

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:22 PM

For the price, I'm thinking of picking up the Logitech PSP Slim case since I can't seem to find a joytron case anywhere.
Posted Image

#25 mrmoodz

mrmoodz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:28 PM

GTA Chinatown Wars is an awesome game!!! Especially for that price!

#26 z3razerviper

z3razerviper

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:39 PM

I am a dad and I play games :D

#27 berzirk

berzirk

I'm not so serious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:13 PM

I've got two kids and I play videogames with my oldest fairly frequently. Easy stuff on the DS, PSP, and he "helps me" play Rock Band/Guitar Hero. He's 2 and 1/2.

#28 jdawg360

jdawg360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:17 PM

My brother is 27, a dad to two children now, and he plays video games. Our dad gets too stressed playing games though. Heh. Posted Image

#29 CookieParty

CookieParty

Artist formerly known as Burritoman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:19 PM

You guys think a dad playing games is odd...my grandma is a gaming maniac!

She bought a Playstation in '96, PS2 in '02 and I got her a PS3 in 07 and she picked up a PSP last year! Her favorite game is God of War, which is funny because she's pretty religious. The gore doesn't bother her, but when she bought "Family Guy" she flipped out because of the adult humor.

Anyways, on the original topic--Civ Revolution for the DS is pretty good. I picked it up for $13 at Gamestop and it's really an excellent purchase, especially at that price.

Check out our blog: http://abloggymess.com/ Plenty of fun for everyone!

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4618-0670 Always looking for new Pokemon!

Get free stuff with my Swagbucks Referral Link: http://swagbucks.com/refer/cookieparty

#30 iRent

iRent

Posted 29 May 2009 - 03:08 AM

Thanks OP.

Going to pick up the case for the psp on saturday. That would be a smart accessory for my psp as soon as I get it.
Posted Image
|AMD Phenom II X4 955 C3|ASRock M3A785GMH/128M AM3|Corsair XMS3 2x2GB DDR3|WD Caviar Blue 500GB|WD Caviar 80 GB|XFX 5850 1GB|NZXT Vulcan|