776 replies to this topic

#1 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2009 - 05:24 PM

Posted Image

- Thanks to ananag112 for the banner

Nintendo has pegged Team Ninja to create the next game in the Metroid universe, coming in 2010!

Basic Information
Cost: $49.99
Release: August 31, 2010
Developer: Team Ninja / Nintendo R&D1
Pre-Order Bonuses:
- Pre-Order at Gamestop to receive a 16-card art folio
- Pre-Order at Amazon and get a $20 Gift Card Credit

Review Scores - 21 scores
Spoiler

News & Other Information
August 12, 2010: Top 5 Things IGN loves about the game
August 11, 2010: Iwata Asks

August 10, 2010: Gameplay Impressions Roundup:
Giant Bomb | Gamespot | IGN | 1up | Joystiq | Destructoid

August 1, 2010: Club Nintendo Intend to Buy
July 31, 2010: Gameplay Footage
July 28, 2010: Developer Interview[
July 28, 2010: Kotaku Impressions
July 23, 2010: Comic-Con Footage
July 20, 2010: Metroid Database Gameplay Impressions
June 29, 2010: Eurogamer Interview
June 4, 2009: IGN Article

Videos - Spoiler Tagged to protect you from AWESOME
Spoiler

Edited by KingBroly, 30 August 2010 - 01:27 PM.

Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#2 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:02 PM

I'm going to take a guess that the other mother is the scientist woman that Samus stares down/was shown at the beginning of the trailer.

This implies this woman helped create Metroids. Maybe she made Mother Brain or did experiments or something.

Sorry, I just always liked the Metroid mythos.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#3 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:09 PM

I'll have to see a better trailer of it to see if that's what it was, because I didn't get the feeling. Metroid Mythos is the Chozo created the Metroids.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#4 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:13 PM

I'm mostly going on the fact that there were two blondes in the trailer that were prominent, one being Samus. At first I thought they were the same person, but this other lady has short hair and was dressed in a lab coat.

Forgot about the Chozo making the 'troids, I need to brush up on my history.

Posted Image

Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#5 Ryukahn

Ryukahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:16 PM

I need a trailer link asap! Had to step out, and come back to hear of a new Metroid!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool::drool::drool:

#6 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:20 PM

I'm thinking clones!

#7 erectiontown

erectiontown

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:24 PM

this is gonna rule my guts so hard

#8 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:24 PM

#9 Ryukahn

Ryukahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:26 PM

Nevermind, just saw it on Gametrailers. Looks incredible!

#10 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:26 PM

Ok, when someone made their wish for another Mother game from Nintendo did they forget to be specific?

#11 MightySlacker

MightySlacker

RANCH! RANCH! RANCH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:35 PM

Does that thing at 1:20 give anyone Super Metroid flashbacks?

http://i42.tinypic.com/xfe2v7.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/f582yo.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/2hqxoi9.jpg

Dave
*SUPER DUPER INTERNET CELEBRITY SUPASTAR~!* TM.

#12 lilboo

lilboo

Not addicted to WoW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:08 PM

:applause:

Now Playing:
:pc: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

:pc: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

:wiiu: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

:3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

:3ds: Pokemon Battle Trozei

#13 Antic

Antic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:13 PM

It looks decent, but I still am a little concerned with Team Ninja at the helm. I absolutely love the Metroid franchise, so I hope it turns out ok.

#14 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:30 PM

Big news: Who at Nintendo is helping them make it? Why, none other than the Legendary Nintendo R&D 1 team.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#15 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:26 PM

If this comes out half as good as it looks, I will be a very happy man.
Selling both CoD: Black Ops Declassified and Resistance: Burning Skies for $40 shipped. Check my trade list or PM me!

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

Twitter

#16 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:37 PM

This better not be like a God of War ripoff, I hope it is in 2D mostly with 3D added in somewhere. I want to see more because I am highly interested.

Defiantly a day 1 for me.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#17 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:53 PM

Is the woman at the beginning and the scientist woman at the end the same person?

#18 NTolerance

NTolerance

Vich one of you is crying

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2009 - 12:54 AM

My inner Metroid fanboy could be very angry about this. I suspect this game to be 3D camera bullshit. Why can't we just have New Super Metroid Bros.?

#19 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2009 - 01:08 AM

I think I might actually look into getting a Wii to play this game.

#20 Riyonuk

Riyonuk

Perfectionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2009 - 01:19 AM

I didn't know how to properly respond to this thread, without sounding like a stupid school girl, here goes nothing...

...ZOMG WOW!!! :D

*ahem*

Where to start. The first thing that I noticed, was that the military captain looking person says "Any rejections lady?", and as we all know, Adam Malkovich said that in the Fusion series. So, judging by the title "Other M", it leads me to believe their is another person in the bloodline of the Malkovich's. Also, why did he say that to the blond mistress? Is that supposed to be Samus?

"I'm Samus Aran", is what the blonde lady says, yet we Samus already in her suit. Fusion did introduce the addition of the Samus-X, so...interesting. Just interesting.

Anyone else notice the Mother Brain scream as Samus did a charge into it's face. Awesome.
Posted Image

#21 Cry Havoc

Cry Havoc

Breaker Breaker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2009 - 03:14 AM

Where to start. The first thing that I noticed, was that the military captain looking person says "Any rejections lady?", and as we all know, Adam Malkovich said that in the Fusion series. So, judging by the title "Other M", it leads me to believe their is another person in the bloodline of the Malkovich's.

I took that as meaning this is a prequel to Fusion when he is still alive, and that it IS Adam Malcovich. Also, not that it matters, but I'm pretty sure he says "objections," not "rejections."

"I'm Samus Aran", is what the blonde lady says, yet we Samus already in her suit.

I thought that at first too, but when I watched it again I noticed that you never actually see the other lady say it, and it sounds echoey, as if the voice is coming from Samus inside the suit. I think it's Samus introducing herself to that lady.

#22 Boeing 747

Boeing 747

In The Name of Harman...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2009 - 03:32 AM

Not only a prequel to Fusion (which is 4) possibly a prequel to the entire series, or at the least flashbacks and part of it will be (ala Godfather 2?).. since Adam as far as I know was gone before the first Metroid.

One thing that was interesting was seeing a clearly young Samus (I think it was Samus, the boyish looking sort of girl, looks similar to the e-manga) and then also the one similar to the Prime series in there.. so I wonder if we'll be seeing kind of cut backs into the past and future...

I also think it was Samus saying "I'm Samus Aran" in the suit, since her lips don't move.. I think it was basically just letting us know, she's talking in this.

I'm largely very happy to see a more story driven Metroid. Metroid Prime 1 was a good example of kind of a hidden backstory, which I also like.. but Metroid Prime 3 was sort of somewhere inbetween, it's like they didn't want to go too far either way. Fusion to me was a really good story, it featured some real nice surprises.

But I have some reservations. I hope Team Ninja doesn't turn her into some kind of sex symbol, I'd like to say Nintendo won't but considering what they did in Brawl, I'm not too sure. Two, the gameplay.. is it a real 2D Metroid? It seemed like it had all kinds of different camera motions and stuff, tough to tell.. I hope they can create the same atmosphere and feeling that previous Metroids have been able to do. I also hope we'll see more of a Super Metroid sort of style gameplay over a Fusion style, Fusion was a bit too linear for my taste.

#23 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2009 - 04:12 AM

The best thing to come out of this years E3 (Nintendo wise).
Yeah Mario Galaxy 2 will own, but this was the biggest bang from Nintendo's side. Team Ninja actually made me even more excited considering the greatness that was Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 for XBox/360.

#24 MidRetro

MidRetro

Game Completist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2009 - 04:16 AM

Maybe she made Mother Brain or did experiments or something.

I gotta think this is what the 'Other M' references - that or some kind of different Metroid. I think this may be a prequel to the first Metroid, detailing how Mother Brain came to exist/how she was created (the bio-tech/brains were talked about in logs in Metriod Prime 3 briefly). If this is a prequel, hopefully they talk about Samus' origins (this time through voiced cut scenes, not logs!), the space pirate attack that killed her parents, the Chozos that raised her and gave her the suit, and how she went back to human society and became a bounty hunter.

Is the blond with the short hair in the beginning a young Samus or the scientist at the end of the movie?

I'm really looking forward to this game - 2010 can't come fast enough!

Currently Playing:
:wiiu: Mario Kart 8
:3ds: Animal Crossing:New Leaf & Mario Golf: World Tour
:ds: Nothing
:360: Shinobi+Hanzo.jpg

#25 Boeing 747

Boeing 747

In The Name of Harman...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2009 - 04:26 AM

I gotta think this is what the 'Other M' references - that or some kind of different Metroid. I think this may be a prequel to the first Metroid, detailing how Mother Brain came to exist/how she was created (the bio-tech/brains were talked about in logs in Metriod Prime 3 briefly). If this is a prequel, hopefully they talk about Samus' origins (this time through voiced cut scenes, not logs!), the space pirate attack that killed her parents, the Chozos that raised her and gave her the suit, and how she went back to human society and became a bounty hunter.

Is the blond with the short hair in the beginning a young Samus or the scientist at the end of the movie?

I'm really looking forward to this game - 2010 can't come fast enough!

I'm almost 100% sure that the short hair blond is a Young Samus.

(From the manga)
Posted Image

(from the trailer)
Posted Image

Obviously an older one then the manga (that's when her parents were killed) I wouldn't normally put so much thought into it but it also shows Adam near exactly as he is in the trailer too.

Another interesting question I saw was looking at the manga I realized that Ridley talks in it and from ever piece of intel and bit we know, Ridley is a actually a very smart... I wonder if we'll see him talk as well.

Edit- After watching the trailer again... I wonder who actually said I'm Samus Aran.. the voice sounds muffled like it's coming from the helmet and Samus (or whoever is in the suit) turns and has body language like she is talking but her lips don't move, I cant imagine it would be anyone else though, considering the backstory it wouldn't make sense for anyone to be in the suit.

My guess is the scientist is probably someone Samus befriends and then gets backstabbed by, why else would there be that weird look.

I also sort of agree with CoffeeEdge, I definatly don't want it all action, but keep in mind just about every Metroid Prime trailer was full of action, as well.

Edited by Boeing 747, 03 June 2009 - 04:44 AM.

#26 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2009 - 04:35 AM

Strangely, I'm not feeling super-hyped about this, from initial reaction.

I suppose that it could be just that the trailer was cut to be exciting and action-packed, but I'm hoping that the actual game has Metroid's trademark exploration elements. It can't just be all action.
Hi...

DID SOMEBODY SAY "TOOT"?!?
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image I WILL MOTHERF--KING BAN THE F--KING SHIT OUT OF YOU Posted Image

Posted Image

#27 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2009 - 05:30 AM

Bulldog into a headshot, its like one of the Penny Arcade boys was filling out a survey on what they want to see in a game.

#28 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2009 - 05:38 AM

Bulldog into a headshot, its like one of the Penny Arcade boys was filling out a survey on what they want to see in a game.

Posted Image

Still one of my favorite PAs ever.

Posted Image

#29 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2009 - 06:52 AM

The person in the suit is Samus Aran. She says "I'm Samus Aran". You can somewhat see that her lips move.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#30 Cao Cao

Cao Cao

Spoooooooky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2009 - 11:40 PM

1up did an interview with Yoshio Sakamoto of Nintendo and Yusuke Hayashi of Team Ninja.