• Please log in to reply
440 replies to this topic

#1 metaly

metaly

In the world, only this island is.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2009 - 04:24 AM

Yeah, that's right.

Zero details for now, but we have our first official mention. It can't come out soon enough! And for PC this time, please!

Criterion Games working on a Need For Speed game wasn't the only surprising bit of news that Electronic Arts chief operating office John Pleasants tucked into his presentation at the William Blair Growth Stock Conference I listened to today. Pleasants confirmed he's seen DICE's work on Battlefield 3.
"I've had the luxury of looking at Battlefield 3 over at DICE in Sweden and was highly impressed by the way the team is working on that product," he said. "Of course, that's not [coming out] in the fiscal year, but that is a product that is looking very good."

http://g4tv.com/thef...evelopment.html

2.4.11 - new teaser trailer (thanks Necrozilla)

Announcement post on the Battlefield blog.

Battlefield 3 is the true successor to Battlefield 2. Beyond our signature multiplayer, we have also included a full single-player campaign and a co-op campaign – all straight out of the box. As for fan favorite features, how does the return of jets, prone, and 64-player multiplayer (on PC) sound? All this built with our powerful new game engine Frostbite 2, which you'll hear and see a lot of in the months leading up to launch. For the full reveal on Battlefield 3, stay tuned for links to our cover stories hitting the gaming press throughout February, starting with Game Informer right now.

Battlefield 3 will release this Fall. You can preorder the Battlefield 3 Limited Edition at www.battlefield.com now. The exact contents of the Limited Edition will be revealed around GDC.

Edited by metaly, 25 September 2012 - 04:05 PM.

#2 Nealocus123

Nealocus123

That's Vagtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2009 - 05:23 AM

Now all I need is a Half-Life: Episode 3 announcement and my two favorite games will be coming soon!

#3 Serik

Serik

Stack of doom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2009 - 06:03 AM

Awesome. BF1942 is one of my favorite PC games. BF2, not so much, but it's still pretty fun.

Wish list:

-At least 64 players per server
-Crazy, unforgettable maps like BF42's Midway and Battle of Britain
-Larger maps better suited for combined arms warfare and high-speed jets
-Cooler vehicles (AC-130, aerial spawn points, heavy bombers, large naval units...pretty much everything in BF42/DC)
-Cut the bloat and unresponsiveness from the server browser and menus

http://img22.imageshack.us/my.php?image=userbar2kk9.jpgPosted Image
Playing:
:pc: Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, Team Fortress 2

#4 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 11 June 2009 - 11:52 AM

Sounds good, this only makes me said that we won't see Mirrors Edge 2 any time soon. They could really do a lot with that.

#5 cgarb84

cgarb84

KEAK HEEM IN DA BALLS!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2009 - 02:58 PM

It about damn time DICE!. Now I usually don't get too upset when games that were once PC exclusive come out out for consoles, it's all about money and the bottom line. BUT if this game isn't a PC exclusive I am going to shit my pants. Consoles already get the console-developed Bad Company 2 and 1943, and PC gets Battlefield Heroes (OH YAY). Battlefield 2 sold really well, there is no good reason to bring this to consoles.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 11 June 2009 - 03:28 PM

Yeah if consoles get BF3, I want BFBC for PC.

#7 cgarb84

cgarb84

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2009 - 04:44 PM

I think Bad Company 2 is coming out for PC. What I meant by what I said is that both Bad Company and 1943 are developed specifically for consoles, if BF3 is like that I am going to be pissed.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 11 June 2009 - 04:52 PM

I think Bad Company 2 is coming out for PC. What I meant by what I said is that both Bad Company and 1943 are developed specifically for consoles, if BF3 is like that I am going to be pissed.

Yeah I know what you meant, hopefully they'll go the BF2 route if at all a port. I'd hate to see the whole series suffer due to a console release.

#9 Sokkratez

Sokkratez

Downloadable Suicide

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2009 - 01:50 PM

I very much doubt this would be multiplatform. The BF community would lose their shit. They've got 1943 and Bad Company for multiplatform BF.
Posted Image

#10 Island Dog

Island Dog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2009 - 04:04 PM

Very excited for this!

#11 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2009 - 12:41 AM

Looking forward to some epic battles. I never did get into BF2 because I heard really discouraging things about people who would plant C4 on a jet and would blow it up if a team memeber got to it before them.

It seemed like an "elites only" kinda game. The kind where bunny hopping and knowing the glitches would determine who was the winner. Oh well, maybe I just need to stop being a pansy, lol.

I think I may be the only one who is actually kinda looking forward to BF1943 and BF:BC2. Sure it's not the "REAL" battlefield experience, but I think they look fun regardless.

#12 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2009 - 03:23 AM

Never had the machinery to run BF and I am didn't buy BF2 because I don't know if anyone plays it still.

Now with that said if BF3 is like BF2 (not that BC, or 1943 shit), a true battlefield game, I am day one getting this.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#13 cgarb84

cgarb84

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2009 - 01:38 PM

I don't have anything against 1943 or Bad Company, in fact I will most likely buy them both. They are different experiences than the PC titles but that doesn't make them bad in my eyes. I just love BF2 so damn much that I am going to be pissed if BF3 is anything but a new refined BF2.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 hcamacho

hcamacho

Leto II "The Tyrant"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2009 - 01:54 PM

Battlefield 2, is still HUGE on pc, once in a while I log in, to play a couple matches, and there are lots of servers always available , with lots of people there playing!How can that game be improved, is beyond me.....
Posted Image

#15 AndrewCP

AndrewCP

I'veGotBallsOfSteel!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2009 - 02:32 PM

Good stuff, would love to know if my favorite team the Middle Eastern Coalition will be in the new game as well.
Posted Image
Thanks to QiG for the kick-ass Duke Nukem Cocksmas Avatar

#16 yester

yester

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2009 - 10:14 PM

BF2 is still filled with people playing on many servers.
I play it all the time, since i lost interessed in COD4.
If you like epic battles, big maps, time to spare then this is your game.
You can get now the complete game for little money i think. But graphic is somewhat dated.
And physics is different too, but you learn quick.

Never had the machinery to run BF and I am didn't buy BF2 because I don't know if anyone plays it still.

Now with that said if BF3 is like BF2 (not that BC, or 1943 shit), a true battlefield game, I am day one getting this.

#17 metaly

metaly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2010 - 07:58 PM

They're giving out BF3 beta invites with the Medal of Honor limited edition:

Get Access to the Battlefield 3 Beta

Want to be among the first to get hands-on with Battlefield 3? If you own Medal of Honor Limited Edition you will receive an invitation to the Battlefield 3 beta within 12-months following the release of Medal of Honor.

Battlefield 3 Beta Details

Beta offer is contingent on Beta availability within 12 months of Medal of Honor release. Beta will be available for a limited time only and offer expires upon close of Beta events. Participation in Beta requires acceptance of Beta Agreement. Must be 18+. Xbox GOLD membership required for Xbox users. Check this site for further details when available.

Also, judging from Xbox Live being mentioned in the terms, it sounds like BF3 will be on consoles as well. Don't Fuck this up, DICE. :bomb:

#18 AndrewCP

AndrewCP

I'veGotBallsOfSteel!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2010 - 08:22 PM

nice find metaly, I guess we know for sure that Battlefield 3 may be releasing in the next year or at least the beta at the very least.
Posted Image

#19 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 30 July 2010 - 08:23 PM

I'm excited for BF3 but not even that will get me to buy the awful that is MoH.

#20 SEH

SEH

Paul's sister is an alien

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2010 - 08:27 PM

They're trying everything to get people to buy that shitty game. Personally, after BC2 and MOH both being pretty mediocre, I'm not too excited for BF3.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#21 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 30 July 2010 - 11:47 PM

They're trying everything to get people to buy that shitty game. Personally, after BC2 and MOH both being pretty mediocre, I'm not too excited for BF3.

Speak for yourself, I thought it was pretty great. MoH is just BC2 without anything that made BC2 good.

#22 JUDOHAWK

JUDOHAWK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2010 - 12:38 AM

BF3 on consoles? Fuck

#23 AndrewCP

AndrewCP

I'veGotBallsOfSteel!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2010 - 03:04 AM

Same here about BC2, I love it. May skip out on MOH straight to BF3 but I'll wait it out and see. I'd be interested in playing as the Middle Eastern dudes.
Posted Image

#24 cgarb84

cgarb84

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2010 - 04:11 PM

BF3 on consoles? Fuck

Yep same feelings here. Really DICE, you couldn't just let us the keep the "main" Battlefield franchise on PC, REALLY??? Fuckers, I like how consoles nowadays get MORE Battlefield games than the PC does. Oh well, at least I can go back to playing BF1943 on my PC oh wait.......
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#25 metaly

metaly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2010 - 09:15 AM

BF3 got a brief mention in Eurogamer's interview with Patrick Soderlund, EA VP and former DICE CEO. There aren't any specific details, but I can't resist reposting:

Eurogamer: How's development on Battlefield 3 going?
Patrick Soderlund: It's going well. I'm very happy with what we have and I'm really excited about showing it to the world because we have something that is going to be very, very cool.

Eurogamer: When will you show it?
Patrick Soderlund: You'll see. You'll know probably sooner than I will. You are going to be able to see it in the not too distant future. The marketing guys would kill me if I told you when.

Eurogamer: The Battlefield franchise now is massive. What's next for Bad Company?
Patrick Soderlund: Battlefield 3 will be seen as a true sequel to Battlefield 2. But considering the success of Bad Company, we haven't buried that at all. It's something we're looking at what to do with.
But right now we're focused on making the best possible game for consumers to enjoy, and that's obviously Battlefield 3.

I'm anxious to know what DICE considers it is that sets BF2 apart from the BC series. The first things that come to mind when I think Bad Company are destructible environments and scaled-down gameplay, so hopefully BF3 will again feature the 48+ (or at least 32+) player maps. I don't see them removing environmental destruction, although I don't think I'd miss it.

#26 metaly

metaly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:04 AM

Posted Image

Video preview coming tomorrow, supposedly. "DICE sets its sights on Call of Duty" makes me extremely worried.

Also R.I.P. 1943 PC. I'm sure nobody saw that coming!

#27 SEH

SEH

Paul's sister is an alien

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:01 AM

They already tried going after COD with MOH and failed miserably.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#28 Necrozilla

Necrozilla

meeeeeeeeeeeeep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:20 AM

Better have bots or count me out.

(()) wOOpwOOp That's the sound of a trade: >>CML<< (())

PS3 & 360 games @ ☆ Want Halo 4 ☆ plz
10% CAG discount Vs. ebay listings!

#29 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:04 AM

I guess this is good... although BFBC2 sucks (console).

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#30 metaly

metaly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:40 AM

That teaser gives off such a near future/2142-ish vibe, but that's clearly not what's going on. Oh well. I'll love it if the game has a blue palette, though, like Acre in Assassin's Creed. No more sand!

Thanks for posting that.

Update: Announcement post from the Battlefield blog:

Battlefield 3 is the true successor to Battlefield 2. Beyond our signature multiplayer, we have also included a full single-player campaign and a co-op campaign – all straight out of the box. As for fan favorite features, how does the return of jets, prone, and 64-player multiplayer (on PC) sound? All this built with our powerful new game engine Frostbite 2, which you'll hear and see a lot of in the months leading up to launch. For the full reveal on Battlefield 3, stay tuned for links to our cover stories hitting the gaming press throughout February, starting with Game Informer right now.

Battlefield 3 will release this Fall. You can preorder the Battlefield 3 Limited Edition at www.battlefield.com now. The exact contents of the Limited Edition will be revealed around GDC.

Love that prone is a headlining feature.

Edited by metaly, 04 February 2011 - 10:53 AM.