Photo
- - - - -

[DEAD] Target: Gran Turismo 5 Prologue $9.98 & Ratchet & Clank $14.98 - In-store Only

• Please log in to reply
513 replies to this topic

#1 kart007k

kart007k

Posted 17 June 2009 - 04:52 PM

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

http://www.target.co... turismo&page=1

Ratchet & Future: Tools of Destruction

http://www.target.co...nd Clank&page=1

It is not a clearance price. Its a price drop in store, they are getting rid of reg. version before Greatest Hits versions come in.

Do a search in a close by store.

THIS IS IN STORE DEAL ONLY.

RUMOR - MOTORSTORM PACIFIC RIFT FOR $14.99
** NEEDS TO BE CLARIFIED.

Edited by kart007k, 19 June 2009 - 04:16 AM.

"You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. " - Layer Cake

#2 Ugamer_X

Ugamer_X

You can trust me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2009 - 04:57 PM

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

http://www.target.co... turismo&page=1

Ratchet & Future: Tools of Destruction

http://www.target.co...nd Clank&page=1

It is not a clearance price. Its a price drop in store, they are getting rid of reg. version before Greatest Hits versions come in.

Do a search in a close by store.

You rule if this is true. Any chance there are drops on the other future GH titles?

#3 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2009 - 04:59 PM

Yeah, I just called a local store and confirmed the price on GT5 Prologue, though oddly he told me the price was 9.98 The store I called was OOS even though the website said they had it, so beware of that.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#4 Trepidation

Trepidation

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2009 - 05:00 PM

Out of stock where I am, think it would be possible to raincheck it?

#5 Mojimbo

Mojimbo

Ashes to Ashes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2009 - 05:06 PM

Did they reorder copies of R&C after they clearanced it out months ago?

#6 KhrevalBruuk

KhrevalBruuk

Posted 17 June 2009 - 05:09 PM

Going to check out a Target down the street at lunch. I'll let y'all know my results. Thanks for the tip, Op.

EDIT: Confirmed in Albuquerque, NM. I picked up GT:5 Prologue for $9.98, and I saw R&C for $14.98 (I already own a copy). Both had "Greatest Hits" stickers on the outside of the packaging, both were in the normal non-GH cases. Also, as many have said, they were behind the glass case and had actual shelf price stickers listing $9.98 and $14.98, respectively.

Edited by KhrevalBruuk, 17 June 2009 - 07:53 PM.

#7 jughead

jughead

Beersport Champion!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2009 - 05:12 PM

Just got both at Hamburg, Lexington, KY location. 9.98 and 14.98 respectively. Interesting... These have a red "Greatest Hits" sticker on the outside of the plastic wrap. I thought that was pretty cool. That means no nasty red case.

#8 manthing

manthing

etc, etc, etc, etc,

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2009 - 05:14 PM

Did they reorder copies of R&C after they clearanced it out months ago?

These 2 games are part of the new PS3 Greatest Hits titles which officialy launched yesterday. Target has been getting in new copies because of this, but haven't updated the DPCI #s for these.

It happens quite often with the inventory system Target uses.
dont hate the player or the game just hate your salf

#9 Mojimbo

Mojimbo

Ashes to Ashes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2009 - 05:20 PM

That makes sense, thanks.

#10 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2009 - 05:22 PM

It should be 0.00 in the system since it's old clearance. Kind of weird they reactivated it specifically for the new Greatest Hits copies and keep the old price.

#11 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2009 - 05:23 PM

Awesome, hopes this happens for the other GH games. Thanks OP.

#12 guessed

guessed

Posted 17 June 2009 - 05:34 PM

I hope they don't raise the prices before I get to go. May try to skip out for lunch. I'm not sure if this will even last the day.
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#13 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2009 - 05:39 PM

Says it's in-stock at my local Target store. The price being $9.99 is another matter, of course. Guess I know where I'm stopping on the way home tonight.

#14 technole

technole

Posted 17 June 2009 - 05:42 PM

Gotta love it when a new greatest hits SKU comes out. Out with the old.

technole.png

#15 Furashu

Furashu

CAG Mercenary

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2009 - 05:46 PM

going to check for GT5
Trade on GOOZEX and get $1 trade credit + a free 100 pt game!
http://www.goozex.co...r=6111658335991

PSN : Dunkindoanuts

#16 s2k

s2k

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2009 - 05:50 PM

Target is 5 min from me but im really debating whether or not i should get this. Screw it ill get it now and regret it later.

#17 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2009 - 05:54 PM

Expect the prices to be raised sooner rather than later. This is not a case where Target wants to get rid of the regular version before the GH version comes out. As someone already mentioned, they simply reactivated the products at their last known prices and will probably fix that soon.

It happened with Far Cry 2 (360) last week. It was being sold for a while at $9.98 before stores corrected it to $29.99.

#18 Purkeynator

Purkeynator

Cheap before it was cool

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2009 - 05:56 PM

Snagged the last GT at the Layton Utah store for 9.98. I saw a guy post on slickdeals that he grabbed that last one at the Orem Ut store.
trade list (mostly guides with a few boxes and manuals)
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=44132

#19 trdkamuri51o

trdkamuri51o

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

3 left of rachet & clank future in hayward, ca (bay area) the one closer to union landing off industrial blvd.. prices confirmed R&CF 14.98 and 9.98 for gt5 respectively

was about to post this but saw it here...

#20 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

• CAGiversary!

Yep, if you're on the fence I would go today and buy it, and you'll have 90 days to think about it anyway. Lock in the price.

#21 heyheyhey11

heyheyhey11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2009 - 06:00 PM

Store locator list that they have it, but sometime it doesn't comes up trumps is it?

#22 Purkeynator

Purkeynator

Cheap before it was cool

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2009 - 06:02 PM

Store locator list that they have it, but sometime it doesn't comes up trumps is it?

If it says out of stock then they are out. If it say in stock they have multiple copies. If it says limited availability then they have 1 or 2 left.
trade list (mostly guides with a few boxes and manuals)
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=44132

#23 kell

kell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2009 - 06:06 PM

Just adding another confirmation for those who are on the fence. Both games were restocked at the old clearance prices of $9.98 and $14.98. Red stickers indicating they are Greatest hits (no red cases) and both in the glass case.

Sure beats having to wait 3 months for the clearance price to hit 75% off.

#24 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2009 - 06:10 PM

Website shows GT5 at $39.99. If the deal is good, it would be in-store only now.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#25 PapaSmerf

PapaSmerf

Central Scrutinizer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2009 - 06:17 PM

I missed the bottom price on R&C and never even saw GT5 on clearance so I got one of each. I had to do a bit of driving as my closest Target had none even though it said in stock on the website. Do the UPCs change on Greatest Hits versions? I checked the codes and these are the same as the original versions on the web. Just curious, since it seems they just slapped a sticker on the original version.

#26 kart007k

kart007k

Posted 17 June 2009 - 06:19 PM

Website shows GT5 at $39.99. If the deal is good, it would be in-store only now.

This is instore deal only.
"You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. " - Layer Cake

#27 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2009 - 06:21 PM

Says it's in-stock at my local Target store. The price being $9.99 is another matter, of course. Guess I know where I'm stopping on the way home tonight.

I'll be right behind you Shrike. Hopefully none of the RagTag's want anything, all I want is GT5 Prologue. Only about 4 or 5 RagTag's (myself included) even have PS3's so there shouldn't be a repeat of the Afro Samurai debacle. :)

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#28 brutushayesosu

brutushayesosu

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2009 - 06:25 PM

Just got back from mine here in Columbus, Ohio. Both games fully stocked and yes priced at 9.98 and 14.98 respectively.

Interesting was that they were the only games listed without a price tag. I asked the sales clerk if I could get a price check and he scanned them and looked confused. I said, "I'll take both" and he said, "I think I will too" haha

#29 gmonski

gmonski

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2009 - 06:31 PM

Anyone know if MGS 4 is on sale?

#30 plutoknight

plutoknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2009 - 06:33 PM

Think this'll still be active around 5-6 EST?

I won't be near a target til then, unless theres reason to believe it'll be fixed before then.
I'm not missing out on 2 great games for 25 bucks total >.>.

And how accurate is their inventory system online? It shows theres no GT5 Prologues at my local store :/.