• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#1 fireburnerr

fireburnerr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2009 - 09:12 PM

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16879233043

I think I saw a similar post when it was 54.99 but I couldn't find it for some weird reason... anyways, ugh... I ended up snagging this grrr lol!! I gotta stop buying junk hehehe....

Anyways no clue if anyone was still looking for this or not.

#2 merkman

merkman

CA is better than DA.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2009 - 09:30 PM

Thanks burnerr! Thought about getting this SEVERAL times, but didn't find it at Best Buy, and didn't wanna pay too much. But $45 for an $80 game works for me!!! :D
"Remember, remember, the fifth of November - the gunpowder, treason, and plot.

I see no reason the gunpowder treason should *ever* be forgot."

#3 mr_burnzz

mr_burnzz

Posted 23 June 2009 - 09:34 PM

daaaammn....bought it for 80 on newegg for preorder. almost 50% off! i dont feel too bad. i received my CE fucked up (action figure hand was broken) and i told them about it. after a few emails between me and newegg, they just sent a whole new CE. Best customer service..ever!

the action figure SUX. the necklace is ugly...the bag...eh...sucks but its more of a girl thing..but my girl wont wear it cuz its ugly so it sits in the closet. the steel case is sweet tho. thats it really. great game but i havent finished it yet.

#4 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2009 - 11:08 PM

Thanks op.

#5 BlindJoker

BlindJoker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2009 - 11:11 PM

Fuck I actually bit on this when it was $55 TWO DAYS ago and got it today :bomb:. If I only waited two days I would of saved $10 bucks. Well you can't win them all but now I'm wondering if they are going to drop it lower if it doesn't clear out at this price.

For those wondering, they packaged the CE in a box filled with material to cushion it, box still arrived with minor creases since it is a really cheap box but nothing compared to the bubble mailer horror stories.
.....Fuck still can't get over I jumped the gun by two freaking days.

#6 Capitalizt

Capitalizt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2009 - 11:18 PM

Newegg has the best customer service on the planet. Try online chat and they will probably hook you up with a price adjustment.

http://www.newegg.co...merService.aspx

#7 sadunk

sadunk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2009 - 11:21 PM

Great price for this.

Newegg should refund you considering you have like 30 days to return it anyway, right?

#8 heyyoeddie

heyyoeddie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 03:00 AM

Newegg also dropped Street Fighter IV CE (360) to $59.99 + free shipping.

I survived the great Long Island CAG Meet-Up of 2008.

#9 spidamatrix

spidamatrix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 03:36 AM

Sweet deal! Thanks OP. Probably will be picking this up. Just debating if I should go for this, when I really wanted the 360 version.

#10 lee7sauce

lee7sauce

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 03:46 AM

Fuck I actually bit on this when it was $55 TWO DAYS ago and got it today :bomb:. If I only waited two days I would of saved $10 bucks. Well you can't win them all but now I'm wondering if they are going to drop it lower if it doesn't clear out at this price.

For those wondering, they packaged the CE in a box filled with material to cushion it, box still arrived with minor creases since it is a really cheap box but nothing compared to the bubble mailer horror stories.

I too bought last week at $55 and it came slightly damaged on the outside (even though it was shipped in a box). However, I chatted with Newegg customer service and they were considerate enough to give me a $10 refund/price adjustment.

#11 prateeko

prateeko

IN THE BUTT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 04:04 AM

Which system is this game supposed to be better on, if either one?

#12 lee7sauce

lee7sauce

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 04:06 AM

It's the same exact thing on both systems, though PS3 has the advantage of free online play.

#13 dios

dios

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 04:28 AM

I hear the gameplay performs a bit better on 360.

#14 Distrato

Distrato

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 05:18 AM

They're both basically identical. 360 has slightly (almost unnoticeable) better textures while the PS3 is sharper. Also it has free online. I would buy it but I already beat it on my 360 before I got my PS3. Now I usually buy all my multiplatform games on the PS3 since I can't stand how loud my 360 is and the heat it emits.

#15 Edge

Edge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 05:44 AM

The 360 version seems to have a slight edge in overall graphical quality (textures are a bit higher resolution in places and the water effects are quite a bit better in certain sections), but nothing major. You're probably better off choosing which version to get based on which version your friends have or controller preference.

Also a heads up that the CE should now be $59.99 at Best Buy for both versions universally, and may have extra discounts depending on the individual store. Many seem to have at least 25% off on the CEs by now.

Now I usually buy all my multiplatform games on the PS3 since I can't stand how loud my 360 is and the heat it emits.

Installing games on the Xbox 360 does wonders for that, not to mention decreases loading times most of the time. I pretty much install every single game I play on my Xbox 360 now, although that's partly simply due to the fact that I have so much extra space on my Elite's harddrive.

#16 Jackrabbitslim

Jackrabbitslim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 05:55 AM

How long is it going to last? Because I get my paycheck this Thursday :)

#17 e Skrilla

e Skrilla

64Bit Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 06:33 AM

OMG! they would do that when i just bought my RE for 50 bucks!!

#18 Capitalizt

Capitalizt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 06:36 AM

Why do people post stuff like this? Are you going to mail them cash??

Charge that sh!t.

#19 Furashu

Furashu

CAG Mercenary

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 07:05 AM

YES what a great deal. thanks OP!

dude to those who bought it i bet u can go to CSR and go "yo wtf its $10 less today gimme my $$ back! or ima buy and return and waste your dam time!"
Trade on GOOZEX and get $1 trade credit + a free 100 pt game!
http://www.goozex.co...r=6111658335991

PSN : Dunkindoanuts

#20 iflabs

iflabs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 07:22 AM

PS3, just because.

#21 YourFace

YourFace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 07:48 AM

Just beat this game for the second time with my friend today (~ 3hrs this time, vs. 11 for the first time). I think you really need a second person to play with you to make the game worthwhile.
Nuclear engineers build weapons. Civil Engineers build targets.

#22 ggamdori

ggamdori

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:58 AM

Thanks OP.
Been waiting for $30 for regular but... cave in to CE.

#23 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:59 AM

I bought an oem bd/hd combo drive from them and in a week it and the retail version went down in price. What I paid for the oem was what they wanted for the retail. It was 30-50 bucks that the took off the price. I sent them an e-mail telling them that it was with in days and I had not even received the item yet. By the time they got back with me the drive had come but they did give me the money back. It is no longer policy to do that but if you get a good customer service rep you might be able to get that money back.
Posted Image

#24 NegativeZero

NegativeZero

CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 10:35 AM

damn, i know i shouldnt, and would prefer 360 but...
free online play? do you have to pay for the add on to play online? or is there already free content on the disc?

http://zerofigures.wordpress.com

"He should have those magic b!tches all over his jock" - CheapyD, CagCast #168

#25 combatFlexo

combatFlexo

Who are those guys?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 11:26 AM

Very nice thanks, I have been wanting to pick this game up for a while now.

#26 lilwiggum

lilwiggum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 12:05 PM

Probably not too long. This is on the front page at SD so Thursday might be pushing it.

#27 rogueweapon

rogueweapon

FREEyourMIND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 12:19 PM

Too tempting, the ps3 version doesn't have the save erase problem the 360 has. I've been wait for a good deal on this game... Sold.
Posted Image

GET SMART, sub my videos & favorites on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/rogueweapon

@rogueweapon twitter
http://www.twitter.com/rogueweapon

#28 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 12:35 PM

Very very tempting, but none of the stuff in the CE really appeals to me that much, so I'll probably just wait for a great price for the game itself.

33126.png

#29 groundskeeper

groundskeeper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 12:53 PM

Extra $1.12 cashback using bing.com in only 60 days!
CAG Not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

#30 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 01:18 PM

It's the same exact thing on both systems, though PS3 has the advantage of free online play.

Too tempting, the ps3 version doesn't have the save erase problem the 360 has. I've been wait for a good deal on this game... Sold.

Yeah, there's no way I'm getting the Xbox one unless they rerelease that fixed. BUT the Playstation one you can't back up your saves, which also sucks. I'd jump on this for sure if not for that, but I'm not sure... :-/

EDIT: Oh, and this is that rare game I'd probably actually try online, EXCEPT I managed to lose the USB adapter that came with this Plantronics headset I have. Soooo yay!
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image