Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit (360/PS3/Wii/PS2) $90 - Amazon DotD

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2009 - 07:03 AM

$90 gets you a lot of plastic instruments.

Today's Amazon Deal of the Day:
Posted Image Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit (360/PS3/Wii/PS2) $89.98

Edited by CheapyD, 29 June 2009 - 07:19 AM.
front page formatting, thanks!

My First Ever Lowball: Live now! Ends 6/28!  http://www.cheapassg...ll-auction-v10/

#2 HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2009 - 07:06 AM

Man, I really just want the game itself...don't know if I should bite on this.

Posted Image

#3 Justin42

Justin42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2009 - 07:08 AM

I'm incredibly tempted by this (told myself when they got under $100 I'd be seriously thinking about it-- this + ECA discount is a great deal) but how has the reliability of the instruments been? When it first came out it sounded like the instruments were superior to RB2 but as time progressed it kinda sounded like they ended up breaking a lot easier... anyone with experience with both?

#4 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2009 - 07:15 AM

I'd jump on this deal if I didnt already have RB2. $90 seems to be a great price for this, except I thought the ps2 version would be cheaper.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#5 Edge

Edge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2009 - 07:21 AM

This is just crazy, these bundles have been dropping like mad lately. Combine this with an ECA 10% off code and you have an incredibly cheap band set. Hmm...should I pull the trigger even though I promised myself I wouldn't buy anymore Rock Band/Guitar Hero items >_<

#6 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2009 - 08:06 AM

This is a good price. I bought this for $120 from Amazon in the middle of March but haven't had a chance to crack it open due to "life." Plenty of places are still selling this for MSRP. They're not really changing the instruments for the next Guitar Hero installment, so if you're looking for the full band accessories, there's no reason not to jump on this.

#7 rdogg1026

rdogg1026

Posted 29 June 2009 - 08:21 AM

GoGamer had this for $90 as well. I bit, but now it is sitting in my living room gathering dust...It costs $20 to ship it if I sold it so I just see myself throwing it out..........

$90 is a great deal though.
Posted Image

#8 Suraph

Suraph

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2009 - 10:15 AM

This is tempting, but I haven't followed the Guitar Hero instruments for a while. How loud are the drums compared to the Rock Band drums? I almost never get to use the RB drums since they're so loud and I live in a generally rather quiet community.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 HatchbackMustang

HatchbackMustang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:30 AM

Well I think I am going to bite. Do you think that bestbuy will price match Amazon? I would rather just pick it up in store plus I have store credit...

#10 NJMane

NJMane

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:47 AM

Well I think I am going to bite. Do you think that bestbuy will price match Amazon? I would rather just pick it up in store plus I have store credit...

Best Buy does not PM ANY online retailers only brick and mortar (and the B&M sites) who operate in your area i.e. local competitors. Much less they would def. not PM a 1 day sale. You going to have to grab it from Amazon if you want it.

#11 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electronics of your heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:57 AM

Any guesses how well these instruments would work with The Beatles: Rock Band?

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#12 Cmosfm

Cmosfm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:14 PM

Any guesses how well these instruments would work with The Beatles: Rock Band?

The drums are set up differently, they will "work", but don't expect to have any fun with them.

#13 YodaEXE

YodaEXE

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:26 PM

Damn, this is tempting. I've never owned any of the Guitar Hero/Rockband games, but I've tried it before and was pretty bad with the guitar. I imagine with practice I'd get better. I've had an urge to play a music game, and while Audiosurf on the PC is fun, I'd like something a bit different. Hmm, might have to pick this up. How easy is it to learn the guitar and stop sucking with it? I always had some coordination trouble with it, but then again, I think I only tried using it maybe twice. How long does it take to get the hang of it?
Posted Image

#14 HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2009 - 02:13 PM

Damn, this is tempting. I've never owned any of the Guitar Hero/Rockband games, but I've tried it before and was pretty bad with the guitar. I imagine with practice I'd get better. I've had an urge to play a music game, and while Audiosurf on the PC is fun, I'd like something a bit different. Hmm, might have to pick this up. How easy is it to learn the guitar and stop sucking with it? I always had some coordination trouble with it, but then again, I think I only tried using it maybe twice. How long does it take to get the hang of it?

I don't have GH:WT, but I'll speak about "band" games in general like RB.

I got up to medium in about 2 weeks when I starte GH1. Then I got Guitar Hero 2, and it took me a month or 2 to get used to the orange fret and play hard songs without failing.

Drums, idk, I played them like a week and stopped since my drums sucked and you had to hit the pad really hard for it to register.

Mic is always fun. I don't know about singing in GH:WT, but in RB it's awesome, even if your voice isn't.

I wanna pick the game only up, because I only want a select few songs and I already have everything else from RB. Damn it.

Posted Image

#15 One4Deuce

One4Deuce

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2009 - 02:53 PM

I might bite on this... should be fun to play with a few friends.

#16 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2009 - 02:57 PM

Seems redundant with RB2, plus my gaming room doesn't have near enough space for another batch of instruments. Good deal though.

33126.png

#17 SoulReaver

SoulReaver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2009 - 03:07 PM

Gah my Guitar that I got in the guitar bundle didn't work out of the box. Would not strum downwards. Red Octane does not reply to my emails. I'm screwed
Free 360 game by completing 2 offers. If you don't believe it just give it a shot. I spent $4 to get Dead Space. $13 to get Madden 10. PM me if you need help.

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=234233

#18 halvorsb

halvorsb

Um....yeah

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2009 - 03:11 PM

I just want the drum set, but a new guitar would be nice as well. I picked it up, will sell off the game and the microphone and get a cheap upgrade on the drums and a new guitar. $81 shipped after the ECA discount, can't beat it.

#19 Cepasa221

Cepasa221

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2009 - 03:25 PM

i think i might bite on this....
------------------------------------------------

Posted Image
http://www.notebooks....aspx?r=1365692

Posted Image

http://www.points2sh...p?ref=Cepasa221
<

#20 malfuncti0n

malfuncti0n

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2009 - 03:28 PM

GoGamer had this for $90 as well. I bit, but now it is sitting in my living room gathering dust...It costs $20 to ship it if I sold it so I just see myself throwing it out..........

$90 is a great deal though.

you could always do local craigslist and request pickup.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#21 skrutop

skrutop

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2009 - 03:29 PM

I picked up the cymbal pack for RB when it was in the gold box. That's keeping RB fresh enough that I can pass. My GH3 guitar is starting to act up, but you can get GH:A bundles for like $30 if you look.

#22 YodaEXE

YodaEXE

Posted 29 June 2009 - 03:40 PM

Alright, I think I'm going to get this. Question is, Xbox 360 or PS3? Anyone know if one version is better than the other in regards to tracks or anything?

EDIT: Well, ordered it for the PS3. I need more games for it. Also spent the extra $10 for 3-5 day shipping, since FSSS was saying it wouldn't ship til July 6th, and wouldn't be here til a week after that. Now, my order is expected to ship tomorrow and be here possibly by this weekend. Yay! My first music game (aside from Audiosurf) :D

Edited by YodaEXE, 29 June 2009 - 04:19 PM.

Posted Image

#23 imacgod

imacgod

Posted 29 June 2009 - 04:26 PM

I need new drums. My old skool Rock Band 1 drums are killing me. It was hard deciding on whether to wait or not or to pay for the extra guitar and game, but I'm doing it.

#24 judyjudyjudy

judyjudyjudy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2009 - 04:59 PM

I already have Rock Band 2, but I ordered a 360 bundle anyway. I've been wanting the drum set and another guitar, so I figured now's an okay time, especially with the ECA discount.
My games, DVDs, and feedback.

#25 HatchbackMustang

HatchbackMustang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2009 - 05:32 PM

Well the PS3 bundle is out of stock right now. Here is to hoping that it will come back in stock...

#26 rlse9

rlse9

Posted 29 June 2009 - 06:19 PM

Picked one up for the Wii. I've been waiting for a deal on this for months and was excited to see it on sale today. Now all I need is a deal on the game only version of Guitar Hero: Metallica.

Now Playing:

:wiiu: Mass Effect 3, Super Mario World, FIFA 13

#27 Hyperlancer

Hyperlancer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2009 - 06:59 PM

Ugh this is so tempting, but I already dropped $150 on the TE arcade stick. My original RB drum pedal broke, and a good replacement would cost about $30. I want to get WT anyway, plus I really like this guitar... ahhh damn you Amazon.

#28 heyheyhey11

heyheyhey11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2009 - 07:16 PM

It's just a lonely game playing alone.

#29 naes

naes

Posted 29 June 2009 - 07:19 PM

$53.18 at Sam's Club.

Posted Image

#30 YodaEXE

YodaEXE

Posted 29 June 2009 - 07:36 PM

Well the PS3 bundle is out of stock right now. Here is to hoping that it will come back in stock...

Glad I ordered when I did. My PS3 copy is already at "Shipping Soon" with an estimated ship date of tomorrow. I just rigged up my brother's old PS2 wireless guitar to my PC and tried it out with his copy of Guitar Hero 3 for PC, and had a lot of fun playing, so I know I'm going to enjoy World Tour.
Posted Image