Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway LE (PS3) $20 at Newegg

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 wildnuts02

wildnuts02

2 Real 4 U

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2009 - 12:56 AM

Nice price for those who have been looking for the Limited Edition. Shipping is free as usual.

Link
Posted Image

#2 the_punisher

the_punisher

Dare enter the metro.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2009 - 01:45 AM

Orrdered, thx OP. Seems like the best price i've ever seen for this, figure i'll get it before it goes OOS.

Money comes and goes, but deals don't last forever ;)

If anime was mainstream, would it be as satisfying?

#3 trunks982

trunks982

Wii are the Champions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2009 - 01:48 AM

is it the same price at gamestop also or was it 30?

#4 danny8k

danny8k

for(;;) printf("^_^");

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2009 - 01:49 AM

tempting......but I don't know what I would do with the limited edition stuff
Posted Image Posted Image

#5 linkmon

linkmon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2009 - 01:51 AM

Isn 't the game really bad though?? I heard it was boring and the graphics were so so.

"Tattaglia was a pimp.....He never could of out fought Santino.......

What I didn't know until this day, that it was Barzini all along."

#6 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 30 June 2009 - 01:53 AM

I got the regular edition of this game for $15 a couple of months ago. The game is definitely worth $20 with the extra stuff.

This game plays like a WW II version of Ghost Recon. If like you Ghost Recon, you can't go wrong with this CE for $20.
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#7 rapsodist

rapsodist

My Heart Is a 16-Bit Chip

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2009 - 02:58 AM

Isn 't the game really bad though?? I heard it was boring and the graphics were so so.

I knew this was eventually going to come up. It seems to do that in every BIA thread. It's a tactical squad-based shooter, not a run-and-gun, which is what I suspect people expect from a WWII shooter after MOH and COD. I don't actually know what real WWII combat was like, but BIA's firefights feel more authentic to me, and that makes it exciting for me (though it could be argued that almost nothing has changed since the first game in the series).

As for the graphics, I'll concede that Hell's Highway isn't a reference title, which in itself could be a death knell in the FPS genre. But it's certainly not ugly; at the least, I don't think the quality of the graphics detracts from the experience.

#8 Tate Donovan

Tate Donovan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2009 - 01:09 PM

Thanks OP, I picked up one and also Medal of Honor: Airborne PC for $10. Plenty of WW2 to tide me over until BF 1943 and Wolfenstein.

#9 Richard Longfellow

Richard Longfellow

Mr. Warmth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2009 - 01:19 PM

I picked up the PC version cheap, and I think it looks great (apples and oranges of course). Gameply is nice too, but I don't like the addition of the cover mechanic. Just because one game does it, doesn't mean you all have too. Otherwise well worth $20.
"I renounce Verdukianism!"

#10 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 30 June 2009 - 02:08 PM

any promo code

#11 Hybrid5006

Hybrid5006

White Trash Ballin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2009 - 04:36 PM

These were $20 at GameStop a while ago, but then the price rose back up to $50 right now.

Get it while it's hot...

As for the game, it's more of a WWII simulator than just a regular shooter. The whole team tactical aspect of it is what keeps me coming back for more.

#12 OldSlowGamer

OldSlowGamer

Old Slow Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2009 - 05:25 PM

I just saw the regular versions of this on clearance at Sears in Saratoga Springs, NY. 360 was $9.97 and PS was $14.97. YMMV
89994.png

#13 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2009 - 06:52 PM

I don't mind average graphics but in the demo, there was so much damn slowdown/clipping during the intro movie that it really made me wonder how the rest of the game would play (during the actual gameplay moments of the demo, it worked fine).

But $20 for a LE is a good enough deal for me, especially since the first game was so much fun (never played the 2nd). Also order a PC copy of The Witcher with it for $15.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :)

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#14 Ravenous

Ravenous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2009 - 08:01 PM

Game was good and looked good, but Fuck did it have some hard parts. WOrth the $20 I paid for it on Thanksgiving